• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm sure people on this area of the forum get sick of seeing this kind of post. However, I am going to be coming up to leech the first weekend in october with a buddy for the first time. I am not a stranger to fishing walleyes or fishing walleyes in the fall. However, leech does look a little intimidating. I know a lot will depend on the weather we get from now until then and the water temp, but I am looking for any help I can get. I do have a lake chip, and decent electronics and I am not looking for coordinates to the honey hole. Will it be shiners during the day and cranks at night? What depth are you guys fishing mostly this time of the year? Any help would be great! Thanks,

eyedr.

Our cabin to stay in fell through last minute. We are now looking for a simple campground or place we can put up a tent and charge the boat batteries. Not familiar with the area. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Federal Dam Army Corps of Engineers campground is awesome. Stoney Point Campground is nice. I know there are a bunch of others, but don't know the names and haven't tried them.

The two I mentioned might close at a certain time of year though, not sure?

Good Luck

As Tahoe said, the fed campgrounds are nice. Stoney is my go to, but if they are full; i've camped at acorn hills resort on pine point. They rent out a few campsites for a bit more money, but they have a ramp and slips on site plus it'll put you out on the main basin.

Thanks for the replies, we will need all the help we can get. I will make some calls and see what I can come up with. Have any of you been catching fish? I guess we can get a bunch of each minnow and see what happens. Is bait pretty readily available by the camp grounds?

Agency Bay Lodge has a campsite. Real nice place to stay if the wind ever picks up. Plus Agency Bay has great walleye fishing. I always stay in the cabins and you might want to check that out as well. Good luck. I was just up there all last week.

I'm sure people on this area of the forum get sick of seeing this kind of post. However, I am going to be coming up to leech the first weekend in october with a buddy for the first time. I am not a stranger to fishing walleyes or fishing walleyes in the fall. However, leech does look a little intimidating. I know a lot will depend on the weather we get from now until then and the water temp, but I am looking for any help I can get. I do have a lake chip, and decent electronics and I am not looking for coordinates to the honey hole. Will it be shiners during the day and cranks at night? What depth are you guys fishing mostly this time of the year? Any help would be great! Thanks,

eyedr.

Never get tired of seeing a post like this as so many are more than happy to help out anyone here on some pointers.

heck, this is much of what made this website what it is today.

The weather is looking worse as the hours pass. I think we are coming rain or shine, someone give me some hope for catching fish.

I had a decent day yesterday and with winds up to 30+ today my trip got moved to tomorrow (Wednesday)The weather is going to get colder the next few days but its fall and the fish have to eat. Depths for active have been shallow for the most part from 7 to 11. I have had my best luck on large wind blown flats but im sure there are some shorelines heating up also. A jig and fat head is all I have been using.

we had more success with fatheads/rainbows on 9/29 than we did shiners. easy limit of eaters, not much for big fish though. wind blown points was the ticket (and pretty easy to tell where the fish were being caught by number of boats)

Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate it. We will be staying at a campground on the main part of the lake. I am just curious from someone who has fished it what the wind and waves are like out there. I have a sylvan 1700 avenger with a 90 e tech. It looks like winds will be anywhere from 10-20 saturday. I'm thinking we will be able to find a place to fish, just might have to load up the boat and find a calm spot to put in.

Walleye fishing was great. Are main target this time of the year are perch. Perch fishing was ok. The water temps were still in the upper sixties and it was tough finding the jumbos. All in all very happy and wish I could live up there. Take care

Im pretty sure i wont be fishing directly on windblown points or shorelines if the wind is much over 12-14 mph. Where might some places be that are worthwhile that are a little more protected from the NE wind we are supposed to be getting?