• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Diamond Outlaw by Bowtech

Dave

Can he shoot it to see what he thinks? Most of the reviews I've read have been that it's a good value for the price, but there are a lot of choices in that range.

Finding one he LIKES would be part of my decision.

I like it as I bought it for me a few years back. Smooth draw, fast and quiet. Fun to shoot with and has killed deer. But I agree, there are a lot of great bows in the price range. So yes, the best one for him is the one he feels comfortable with.

OK. sounds like he wants to go another step up and get a Bowtech Assassin, binary cam. Same setup as the Diamond but dual cam. Spoke with a buddy that has three Bowtechs and he likes 'em. We'll shoot both bows more tomorrow and make a choice from how they feel.

I'm on my second bowtech for me and a diamond for my son and couldn't be any happier with the mechanics, smoothness, and performance it just have to feel good to you the hunter.

MR

My simple reason to not buy a Diamond is that they only sell the bow in a pre setup package.

I dont want their mediocre components on it, and have to replace them with something decent.

My son also shot and liked the Outlaw, but when I asked about buying the bare bow they said it only comes with the RAK package.

I contacted Diamond directly and asked how I can buy a bare bow and they also said it was not possible. So I told them they lost a sale and went to a PSE instead.

I have a Diamond Rock 2.0 (few year old model now) and while I am still rookie at this, I really like it. The Outlaw looks nicer than mine smile

OK, both of us shot both bows, the Diamond Outlaw single cam and the Assassin binary cam. My son was previously set on the Assassin first time he shot and from reading reviews. After shooting again, he picked the Diamond single cam due to it's smoother draw and it felt right to him. As for me, I think I'll pick one up as well. They didn't have a 60-70# so he'll have to wait until Friday/Saturday for it.

What poundage is your bow set at? I just want to get an idea what most guys are shooting at. Thanks for your help.

Bows shoot better at their peak draw weigh,so if you want to shoot 60# buy a 50# to 60# and crank it down. I shoot 70# most will argue that that is not needed however I know I have the energy needed to do the job if I miss place a arrow and hit a shoulder. 60 to 65 pound is around the normal draw weight for those archery hunting.

My son is very muscular. He's getting the 60-70. I'm getting old so, I'm thinking the 50-60 for me.

I am about 46, 260# and fairly strong, but I went with the 50-60 set at 60, mainly since I am new at this and wanted ease and smoothness for me over speed. I like how easy it seems to be pulled back, and since most folks here and others told me that was more than enough that I needed for deer in MN.

Glad you guys found bows you like. Like I said, I like mine older model Diamond, but I really don't have much experience with anything else to compare to smile but it just seems easy.

I have the 60-70 and set at 65. Box, I will say that I shot a Parker BuckHunter as my first bow and this is like going from an old Chevy to a Corvette. To me, it rocks. I wish I would have kept my BuckHunter, though as a back up as it wasn't the smoothest but never failed me. Good working bow.

One of the biggest mistakes new archery shooter do is trying to shoot to much poundage. All that does is lead to punching the trigger and bad habits. Start your poundage at the lower side and increase it as you go. This isn't a pi$$ing match and a heart shot with 30# or 70# still results as a deer in the freezer.

I bought an Outlaw for my first bow in January and love it. It already has a turkey under its belt. One word of caution is to make sure you check all of the screws on the module/cam. I had one work loose and tear up my cable serving. I ended up using low strength loctite on all of them because they would loosen up every few hundred shots.

2nd year under my belt w/the Outlaw and its been great. $500+OTD and shoots straight, fairly quiet, etc.. Read the stats and compare. I'm a newbie, and will upgrade in the future, but bang for buck can't be beat! 2c