• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kyle

Anyone try the T3 mechanical?

Guest Kyle

If you've tried this broadhead, I'd like to know what you thought. I've been toying with the idea of trying them.

huntnfish

I've used them the last two years and have taken two deer with them. Both shots were behind the shoulder and they open a big hole leading to a short and easy to follow blood trail. So far I have been impressed and plan to use them again this year.

Guest Kyle

How durable are they? I love the rage 3 blade, but it pretty much needs new blades after going through a deer in my experience.

sportfish

I have said this before on this an other forums , They are weak junk ! Don't hit more then a rib bone ! 2 broke off at the threads for me ! I think there is much better heads out there

Archerysniper

I have said this before on this an other forums , They are weak junk ! Don't hit more then a rib bone ! 2 broke off at the threads for me ! I think there is much better heads out there

Which one the T3 or Rage?

sportfish

I was talking about the T3 heads you asked about ! I have had great luck with the Swacker heads ! But would not buy the T3 heads if they were 3 for a dollar

Archerysniper

Thank's I haven't shot the T3's so I have no opinion. Now the 3 blade rage has performed flawlessly or me,I just took a antelope in Montana with them and all I can say is WOW.

PackerBacker12

I just bought them this year. Hopefully let you know how they work this weekend? Anyone shoot the practice blade thing they give you with them for shooting at a targeT? how do they work and is it easy to put the blades back on when done?

huntnfish

Blade replacement is simple. Just unscrew them and take the little blade holding collar thing off and the blades slide out the back.

mnguy152

I have shot deer with them and worked great plus quick and easy to put in new blades

Summett

I've shot 2 deer with the T3's and they worked great for me. Great deployment and very good blood trail. Neither deer ran more than 50 yards.

But, to be fair, I don't have a lot of experience with other mechanicals for comparison.

Wensel

Is that head (T3) not barbered?

I recall it was, not sure.

Maybe someone knows, I recall barbed heads a no-no in MN??

Archerysniper

The original T3 Tekkens were considered barbed and illegal,since then they have changed the design.

Wensel

What?

G5 makes the T3 and the Tekan

I have shot the Tekan and am sure its not barbed.

Laska

T3's are the only thing Ill shoot. Dependable, have deployed eveytime for me and even in extreme quartering away shots. 4 deer for me with 4 deployments and nice blood trails... heads are tough imo. I run mine with Victory Vap V1's 300 series. Stainless Steel weight forward inserts.

Wensel

Sorry for the thread drift but no one has proved these barbless in MHO

From MN Regs:

2)are of a barbless design and function in a barbless manner

tracker x-2

I was in the same situation about these heads last year.....

I recall reading they have to be able to move back to a closed position with out locking open and also they need to have a 90 degrees angle when deployed or less?

and emailing the DNR came up with the typical please refer to page 63 in the hunting regs book.

Swiftswamper

I am satisfied with one kill per broad head. The rages cost around 15 dollars a piece and I only shoot 1 to 2 deer a year. I don't mess with replacing blades, not worth the risk of losing a dear because I messed up replacing blades

Guest Kyle

There's no way to mess up the blade replacement. It only works one way.