• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fr0sty

Current deer density map?

fr0sty

All I can find on the dnr site is info from 2011 and later. Are there stats anywhere that show 2012 or 2013 Minnesota deer density levels?

Thanks

Bear55

If it's not on the DNR site you are probably out of luck.

Jameson

...2011 and earlier....

That is all I have seen, too.

MUSKY18

Those are some very interesting numbers to say the least. From that data, it seems I hunt in some of the most populated deer areas in the state. I can't imagine hunting an area that has an average of 3 deer per square mile.

hoppe56307

It sure does not seem like there are 20 deer per sq mile in the area I hunt.

Mo Gator

Those are some very interesting numbers to say the least. From that data, it seems I hunt in some of the most populated deer areas in the state. I can't imagine hunting an area that has an average of 3 deer per square mile.

And then throw some wolves in there and it's a grand ole time!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• IceHawk
      Sounds like a great time definitely looking forward to it ! 
    • Tom Sawyer
      Sounds fun, hope to make it...
    • Wanderer
      If ever a person wanted to accelerate their learning curve on Osakis, this would be a good time to do it! I’ll try to keep it open but I never know what’s going to happen with the kids wedding coming up - at our house - in September. Thanks for putting this on Borch. 😎
    • Wanderer
      I haven’t fished it but would use chubs like you mentioned if I did. Good luck ozzie.
    • SupraFishin
      Does anyone know where I can rent and/or use a paddle board on Vermilion? Thanks!
    • matt320
      We fished the small lake a few week back the water was really high. No luck with bass around the pads tried Texas rigged worms and spinner baits, we did find crappies in 8-10" around Lilly pads and reeds crappies were caught on panfish leaches and small glow jigs. 
    • Sunset Lodge
      Hello from Sunset Lodge!

In Minnesota, walleyes and pike have been found using crank-baits on the south side of Oak Island.  Walleye have also been caught pulling spinners in 26-30 feet using gold and green.

In Ontario, walleye have been very active using pink and orange jigs on the breaks of reefs or casting shallow crank-baits in 8-12 feet by rocky shoreline points.  A good mixed bag of smallmouth and pike have been found with the walleye as well.

Musky fishing has really picked up with lots of fish over 40+ inches.  Fishing sand and weedy bays near rock reefs have produced well using buck-tails, small crank-baits and top-water baits. 

Until next week!
      Sunset Lodge
    • ANYFISH2
      Definitely getting ready for archery season!
    • Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Mike89
      I'd try to catch ya at lunch for a bit, if not doing something else...