• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Minnesota Vikings 2013 Thread!!

Shack

Kinda wondering why we put worthless Carlson on the field and leave Patterson on the sideline???

Do we have a RG and C anymore??

If Flounder had the least bit of accuracy our WRs would have a lot of YAC.

Owned on special teams two weeks in a row

Bill Musgrave??????? Grimmace is about to take over.

Defensive front 7. Zero pressure and LBs with lead in the feet. Pretty easy to see where the 24 came from.

And my favorite. The Chad Greenway blitz where you don't try to get to the QB, you just run as hard as you can into the blocker and completely take yourself out of the play.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• LMITOUT

• CaptainMusky

• FISHINGURU

These teams are so bad neither deserve a win. It might be best for all involved if they leave this game with a tie, just for the sanctity of the NFL.

Lol. Must be a bad game today. Just been listening a little here and a little there on the radio because of being busy.

What have I missed so far. grin

What a POS, he takes a sack on the last play of the game. And the drive before on 3rd down he missed a wide open Greg Jennings for the first down. How can he possibly start next week????

Get ready for it. "Time to learn from our mistakes."

The biggest one being we drafted this loser in the first place.

I guess maybe the 6 wins I predicted was an overstatement. Geez, I can't imagine them beating much of anyone if they can't beat the browns.

If I was Ziggy, I woulkd go and bury my head in the sand. The Vikes STINK and Ponder and Leslie are not far behind.

I thought maybe they would win 5 games but I am about ready to reconsider to 4. Geez, the first 8 are our easy games.

Cancel the new stadium, save the money and let the Vikes go if Ziggy wants a new stadium.

Simply, they SUCK. Heck, they are worse than the Twin's.

Ponder..... DONE!!!!!! that last play was an embarrassment. they rush 4 guys, and he can't even step back and make a hail Mary. Frazier..... DONE. it's obvious he can't get things done. the season is lost, let's make changes NOW! I'm still a fan, always have been, always will be, but this year hurts a little more.

Had they played this way against a decent team I think you could take away a few positives, but the Browns are probably the worst team in the NFL, and according to people who know about these things, the Browns had packed it up for the year already.

Time to clean house.

Ponder..... DONE!!!!!! that last play was an embarrassment. they rush 4 guys, and he can't even step back and make a hail Mary. Frazier..... DONE. it's obvious he can't get things done. the season is lost, let's make changes NOW! I'm still a fan, always have been, always will be, but this year hurts a little more.

I agree 100% Ryan. I love the Vikes but this team and staff cannot continue this way.

If we would like to have a positive for the season, let's make some needed changes.

Trouble with the changes is we need to hire a great coach and a better QB and I am not sure where we find those at this time of the year.

At a minimum, Ponder and Leslie have to go. Too bad we could not have gotten Andy Ried or someone of that caliber. They are out there, we just need to pony up and pay the man.

People always say, give Ponder another year, well, that simply will not give him what he needs to be a quality QB. If Ponder does not have it by now, I have no idea how any added years will give him any more skills. All one has to do is watch him and look at his QB play and how he finds open recievers and throws the ball. The guy will NEVER be a average or better starting QB. Forget about the interceptions, he does not have what it takes in pro football.

Few years back when Ziggy purchased the Vikes, I though he would get the coaches and talent we need to be a legite contender.

I have lost all of in Ziggy wanting to have a winning team.

What a POS, he takes a sack on the last play of the game. And the drive before on 3rd down he missed a wide open Greg Jennings for the first down. How can he possibly start next week????

Get ready for it. "Time to learn from our mistakes."

The biggest one being we drafted this loser in the first place.

JUst ask Leslie, he seem's to believe he is the man. confused Shows what Leslie knows. blush

Last I heard, 13-3 gets in the playoffs every year.

Ooops. Dang dyslexia.

Never mind.

It's obvious DC's spent all off season figuring out how to defend the running game, while Vikes stuck with what worked LAST YEAR. Absolutely no innovation, but with Ponder, how much new could they give him.

The biggest problem I see with this team is the play calling. Musgrave runs the same 5 plays over and over again. How many times can you roll Ponder out to the right on the play action. Everybody and their mother could see that coming from a mile away. Then no innovation to get AP the ball with space, no draws, no screens, no pitches, it's all the same vanilla play calls that I remember learning in pop warner.

Bad Coach + Bad QB = BAD TEAM....can't put lipstick on this pig. But "we'll look at the game film and make the needed changes to become better"....get a clue Frazier, pointing out the mistakes and actually being able to correct them during game time are two completely different tasks. Either Frazier can't figure out the mistakes or the players can't make the adjustments....or both!

Been a huge Vikes fan my whole life and always will. This is the most frustating year. It's just as bad as the McNabb horror show. How much worse can it get and how can management not see it when everyone else can so clearly? I think the whole team is in a slump due to the ignorance of the coaching and QB situation. They just said Trestman has Cutler releasing the ball right away so the line doesn't have to protect him forever. WOW wish our coach knew that... frown

Yep, It's Official!!

Blunder and Frazier/staff both had their chances time to move on.

How about an experienced coach with a whole new staff? Sounds good to me.

My guess is they fire Frazier and make Musgrave the head coach. crazy

Dump Ponder at the end of this season as Leslie will more than likely play him the majority of this season. he will not put the blame on Ponder.

Then at the end of the season, Ziggy needs to go out and find a good expierenced QB and fire the head coach, and both the offensize and defensive cords and start over.

We need to clean house.

there was a report that stated that ziggy wants ponder to play all year because the vikings have to much money invested.

either way, there not going to have a good year......again

Ziggy needs to go out and find a good expierenced QB

The Vikings have had enough "experienced" QBs.

Jim McMahon

Jeff George

Randall Cunningham

Warren Moon

Brett Favre

Donovan McNabb

Big Dave2,

With all of your infinite football knowledge, you should apply to be the next Vikings coach.

Thank you. I'll consider it.

I did have a darn good record when I coached my son's 5th and 6th grade teams! grin

Two of those quarterbacks took the vikings to NFC championship games and the others all had infinitely more success in the passing game and game management than Blunder has. I'd rather get someone "experienced" (even if slightly on the downside of their career) than spend 3-4 years trying to give a draftee a fair shake to learn the game (like Tavaris Jokeson and Christian Blunder). What have the Vikings gotten out of the 3 draft picks they spent on Blunder, Webb, and Jackson? Nada. Actually worse than 'nothing'. They've aged the rest of the team 6 years while they experiment with QBs that'll never be good enough. I realize that Webb was only like a 6th rounder, but still it's hilarious that they bother drafting for a guy that'll never be better than second-string. Backup quarterbacks are a dime a dozen in this league!

They've wasted years trying to get Jackson and Blunder up to NFL speed, with blinders to the fact that neither will ever make it. Sticking with a loser QB was a big factor in Childress' lack of wins and ultimately his job. Similarly, it'll cost Frazier his job in the long run. Meanwhile, Peterson isn't getting any younger.

Get an old guy who has proven he can at least manage a game. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer both won superbowls, along with other random guys like Joe Flacco and Mark Rypien. It doesn't take a Manning, Brady, or Rodgers -- especially with AP on the team.

I'm not saying those type of guys would hurt, but maybe you wait and hold off on spending that 4-year development cycle (read: investment) until you have a legitimate shot at a franchise QB that could give you a decade of good seasons (Brady, Favre, Elway, Manning, etc), by first selecting that 1st or 2nd QB in the draft, rather than always settling on a 4th or 5th one selected and hoping he's 'good enough'. I think Ponder was the 4th QB selected in his draft year. There aren't going to be 4 'great' quarterbacks in every draft -- there's simply not enough starting QB positions in the NFL to have that kind of numbers to develop those guys. If you don't get the 1st or 2nd, you probably shouldn't bother drafting one at all, IMHO. If you're down to 4th on the list, tell me what the odds are going to be that he's better than some other aging QB who has been in the league already? Pretty slim, methinks.

Of course, with such a bad defense and O-line and special teams, it's not like a QB can take this team far anyway. They need help everywhere.

Who is going to be out there worth signing?

If anyone thinks this team is a QB away from being championship caliber, they are nuts. There are a lot of needs on this team and as much as I like Adrian Peterson I think it is time to look at fooling some team into a blockbuster trade to gather draft picks to go along with the high one they will most likely have this year.

This team needs to figure out how to scout QBs and find a good young one in the draft this year or next. Take your lumps now and build for the future. Adding some aging veteran QB will just prolong the agony and keep our draft picks in the mid range all the while never getting the full potential of Adrian Peterson because they won't be able to put good young talent around him.

Hopefully the Vikes have realized that you won't find your franchise QB at Alabama state or Birmingham, If they want an Alabama QB so bad they can pick up A.J. McCarron this year in the draft.

And if you think you can't find a good QB past the first 2 selected, tell that to Brett Favre, Tom Brady and Joe Montana.