• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Minnesota Vikings 2013 Thread!!

Shack

Musgrave taking alot of heat on fanline, maybe deserving. 3rd and goal from the 7 to salt the game away and u run up the middle. My guess is this guy is so afraid/trained by Spielman to never let ponder lose a game for u. Which also means he will never win one for u either. His stats were much better(cant believe i said that) than his performance. Ponder goes first,like soon then frazier and spielman after the season.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• LMITOUT

• CaptainMusky

• FISHINGURU

Musgrave is a complete failure as a coordinator.

Fraiser is a complete failure as a coach.

Ponder is a complete failure as a QB.

Zygmund Wilf needs to clean house.

Don't think it's just about the Vikes here,

Look at 3 of the 4 major men's sports teams in Minnesota.

Twins, Wolves and Vikes are trying to catch lightning in a bottle and always come up short.

We might be able to add the Wild to this later, but they are spending to get talent here!

Minnesota - state of sports mediocrity.

RRR is a complete failure as a person which allows him/her to spend so much time on here critiquing others inadequacies.

There were a few people that deserved calling out in this game one being Erin Henderson. Terrible is an understatement. If they don't push bishop to middle I will be shocked. He sucked and ultimately cost the game on essentially consecutive plays.

I think there is a tear in rUMRiVErRats beer! SKOL MN WILD!

Not at all.

Not a Vikings fan.

Not really a fan of any team.

I like it when the Vikes are total garbage, ripping them is a favorite hobby of mine.

Not at all.

Not a Vikings fan.

Not really a fan of any team.

I like it when the people are total garbage, ripping them is a favorite hobby of mine since I have nothing better to do and suck at life.

It totally makes sense now.

I had some hopes for the Vikes this season even knowing that Ponder was a huge question mark.

Our 2 games to date, both opponents tried hard to give the game to the Vikes but we still ended up with a big L.

The Vikes will not win many games with the defense giving up the popints they have per game so far.

Ponder, average at best and I do not see him getting much better even with a few more years.

Most defense's only have to worry about our russing game at this point so it is rather simple to stop them from scoring.

Some of our key players are getting older and any injuries to the Vikes will hurt them bad.

I see 5 wins and maybe 6 with some luck. We could put Cassil in for Ponder but that will not solve all the Vikes issues.

I would hope Ziggy realizes that the Vikes need some help at numerous positions including the coaching.

Look's like it could be a tough season for the Vikes and if AP were to get injured, we than have zero for offense.

Honestly I was hoping for a blow out and a really poor game from Ponder so we can turn the page on that experiment. The first half of the game he was playing along nicely with that plan, but I hate to say it, the second half, he started to show glimpses of a "decent" QB. Then the defense took over and sucked up the rest of the game. While I can blame Ponder for not winning the game, and having such a crappy first half, our defense gave the game away, that Ponder got us the chance for the win.

If Ponder would have stunk the entire game, I think Cassel would have gotten the start next week against the Browns, but after his average play in the second half, he deserves the chance to play crappy one more game before holding the clip board for Cassel.

Quote:
While I can blame Ponder for not winning the game, and having such a crappy first half, our defense gave the game away, that Ponder got us the chance for the win.

Offense accounted for 7 pts..... Ponder didnt give us the chance to win.... Defense and special teams scored the other 23 points.

The O-line in the 1st have really sucked! They, along with Ponder looked better in the second half. Peterson looks very tentative. Dare I say average? The holes are not there for him either... He has his work cut out for him to crack 2000 yards after his first two starts. Muskrat better come up with some new plays for him. Seems the D coordinators may be on to how to stop Peterson.

The wind has sure been sucked out of the sails of all my Vikes rooting buddies. They liked to say "they were poised for the playoffs" and the Pack was going to blow. "Rogers was old and slow" (yep looked like it yesterday)... The Vikes still have some pretty good holes to fill on their squad.

I thought Ponder would take the next step... nope he did not, Cassel is no better. Hitching your wagon to him is like hitching it to Joe Webb last year... They do need to draft a quality QB next year to have any sort of chance.

Good luck!

Ken

AP has been playing without Pro Bowl fullback Jerome Felton, a fact that has been widely ignored by many.

Maybe when Felton comes back, Peterson will get some better looks which might help Ponder out? Although I highly doubt Ponder gets any better.

I imagine the line will drop a little before kickoff, or I would be putting some money down on this one. I would take the Browns with a 5.5 kicker on this game.

I can't imagine losing this one, but if we did we might as well follow the Browns strategy and work towards getting the top draft pick and draft Ted Bridgewater next year. Operation "play dead for Ted"

I like it...^^^^

It's funny...I watched college football most of the day today and saw QB's winging the ball all over the field...deep...swing passes...every route imaginable.

Then I get to watch tomorrows check downs....no thanks!!

One of the best games I have watched in years. I am laughing so hard its not even funny. All these years and I finally realize there is more entertainment value than winning.