• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Frabill Amplifer

pbowhunter

Question

Havent heard a lot of talk about this rod. Wondering what you guys think of it before i go out and buy it?

12 answers to this question

I have an ultra lite for panfish.Its a toss up which is my favorite for panfish.The Amplifier that is so sensitive that I can feel a fish fart,or my noodle rod.
You won't be dissappointed if you get one.They really do amplify the slightest bite.
I would suggest using it inside the shak so that you can fish with the gloves off to get the best feel.

I had one and loved it. They have great sensitivity. Lost it in a windstorm on MilleLacs earlier this year frown.gif Been looking to replace it ever since, just can't seem to find much of a selection left anywhere

------------------
Paul
[email protected]
Marcum
Otter Outdoors

Thanks alot guys, it sounds like the amplifier is worthy of being put in my shake.

I bought my third one this afternoon. I have a medium, light, and now, an ultralight. I am replaceing cheap rods with them. They are very sensitive in actual use on the ice.

I got a 28" Med/light and I love the rod!
I can feel every little thing.
It is almost a must to have fireline or powerpro on it. I does really increase the sensitivity.
I really like the blank, it has a nice soft tip will a strong back bone.
The med/light works great for perch, crappies, walleyes, and the occasional pike.
I would recommend one to anybody.

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

I've had one for a couple of weeks now and have caught perch, crappie, walleye and northern on it. Nice rod, I have seven rods and find myself grabbing the amplifier because it's so fun to catch fish on it.

Anyone find that their hands get cold holding this rod? The last time I checked, metal and cold don't go hand in hand. Probably a good choice for permanent houses that can stay warm. Just 2 cents.
Good Fishing to ya's

Corey

I use mine in a shanty, the handles don't get cold in your hand. When I first pick one up when I change rods it is cold but warms right up. I haven't found it to be a problem.

Ya after I hold it for a little bit it warms up right away.
I also find it fun to catch fish on it. Its definitly a rod I use every time I go out.
I still do think next year im putting a thorne bros rod on the "to get" list.

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300