• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

8" Auger - 2 thumbs up!!!

gspman

Question

Hi folks,
I dropped a large amount of coin recently getting set up for ice fishing (Nordic 2-man ice house, Marcum LX-3, Mr. Heater Buddy, Strikemaster Auger, Croxton bag, etc...). After not doing much ice fishing for about 25 yrs I had no expectations for the auger. The old augers were kind of a pain.

Well I get to my spot. 2 pulls later the auger is running, drill 2 holes in under 60 seconds. This auger is amazing!!! It's 24 lbs light and went through the ice like it wasn't even there!!! You could drill holes all day with that thing and not get tired. Using the auger was more fun than the ice fishing! If this auger has any durability at all it is the steal of the auger world. I got it at $20 off the normal price to boot. I am now an official member of the Lazer Mag Express fan club.

The ice fishing life is so much better now than 25 yrs ago. No sitting on a wire egg basket outside freezing my keister off. No spoon auger. No propane fumes. My kids and I are diggin' this ice fishing gig.

gspman

5 answers to this question

I got my Lazer Mag Express from Sport Stop in Shakopee. He sell's them $50 cheaper than Fleet and Gander plus he runs a little gas through them to make sure they'll start when you get them on the ice. 1 pull and you're drillin'!

Yep, I'd have to agree. Anybody that has used mine or has seen it cut has been simply amazed. I used the thing so much last year a new set of blades were in order this year. Guess that happens when you're cutting tons of holes through 4' thick ice on Red or LOW.