• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

AP obviously is proof of how well Steriods work

RumRiverRat

Hang on, you didn't give me a chance to edit my reply. Sorry but I hit send too soon and had to edit.

LOL OK, this is your ONE second chance. :-)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• CaptainMusky

• RumRiverRat

• SkunkedAgain

PS- probably a Packer fan started this thread? Worst fans in the NFL. Worst fans!

Ya.... OK...

A little dramtic isn't that? Nothing like clumping several million people into one pool because of one silly-me's comment. Maybe I will have to take back my desire for Peterson to break the record last year or this year...

I do belive he used substances... HGH cannot be proven on him at this point. So his word is all we have. But the sports world had another MVP who said he did not cheat, Ryan Braun... yeah, how'd his word hold up. I think they are all narrcissists that will do whatever it takes to be in the limelight and make huge money... they could care less what you think of them.

Good Luck!

Ken

It really is too bad that everytime a player does something special it is automatically assumed he MUST have used some sort of performance enhancing drug.

AP had a great year last year no doubt, but Dickerson had a better year when he set the record. Does that mean Dickerson was automatically jucing as well? Afterall how could a guy do that without some sort of chemical help right?

I try to give guys the benefit of the doubt until they fail a test or some sort of evidence comes out. The fact that someone has a great season is not in itself proof of steroid abuse, even when the guy is coming off a major injury.

and coming off a major injury in record time for healing and subsequently almost beating the record his first year back with a lackluster start to the season...

most often, where this is smoke, there is fire. Minus the injury, I'd more so be a believer that all is right in whoville. Because of the injury, call me a conspiratist... butttt.....

I'm not willing to believe too much in any pro athlete's comments, nor am I inclined to believe they are all good guys wanting to do what's right till proven otherwise. I think they know thye have a short window in their careers and they will try to do whatever it takes to maximize on their earnings and legacy. It has shown to be that over and over again the last 2 decades. Many of the top guys have subsequently came out and admitted they used or have been prven they used... a few hang on to the story they did not when the presumption is they did, and the evidence leans that way. Bonds, Clemmons, McGuire, Greg Armstrong etc etc etc the list can go on all day.

Like I said, maybe not steroids... "maybe" not anything... but in this day and age, they can usually find a way around it. And like I said, from everything I've read and the way I understand it, at this point it cannot be proven if he used HGH... so he can say what he wants...

Good luck!

Ken

According to Adrian, he is using juice.

I think the one thing I’ll always remember from the field last year happened in Detroit, early in the season. One of the linebackers came up to me—I don’t want to say who it was—and he said, “Adrian, what are you taking? What juice you using? I gotta get me some of that.” I said, “I’m juicing on the blood of Jesus. Faith is what got me to to this point.” So the Lions came to Minnesota later in the season. That same linebacker came to me and said: “I appreciate you saying that. You opened my eyes.” That was pretty cool.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/21/adrian-peterson-10-things/

Who the heck is Greg Armstrong?? grin
I think he meant Neil Armstrong. Obviously he was juicing because no one before or after landed on the moon.

Labs, I think you forgot about RG III, Jamal Charles as well. Charles had a good season last year as well after pretty much the same injury. RG III is poised to start week one as well.

I won't even dignify responding to a muscle magazine as the source for your argument. It would be similar to wasting time arguing with RJ Reynolds "top medical researchers."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,140835,00.html

All one has to do is look at Adrian Peterson's 2 uncles who have traveled with him on occasion and appeared on the Dan Patrick Show last year during the Super Bowl. Both were in their mid to late forties and both dwarfed Adrian in size and were just as cut. Genetics is the key here, everybody heals at a different pace. That article in Iron Man had a good deal of truth in it's explanation of side effects but falls short when it talks of discontinued use and improved health. Tell that to the families of 5 of the wrestlers I used to train with that are dead as a result of steroid abuse. Abuse being the key word here.

Steroid detection is not easily masked anymore with todays sophisticated testing but HGH testing will prove difficult as the players union is using all sorts of stalling tactics to prevent it's players from being tested.

All one has to do is look at Adrian Peterson's 2 uncles who have traveled with him on occasion and appeared on the Dan Patrick Show last year during the Super Bowl. Both were in their mid to late forties and both dwarfed Adrian in size and were just as cut.

Must be where he gets his HGH from

Quote:
Why It's Time To Legalize Steroids In Professional Sports

So much for the end of baseball’s steroid era: Melky Cabrera and Bartolo Colon are both facing 50-game suspensions after testing positive for testosterone usage. And baseball isn’t the only afflicted sport, of course, as the US Anti-Doping Agency today stripped cyclist Lance Armstrong of seven Tour de France titles and banned him from the sport for life for doping. Steroids, doping and other illicit performance enhancing drugs and treatments have become the biggest scourge of professional sports leagues, and that’s why it may be time they were made legal.

The primary reason why performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) are outlawed in professional sports is that they give users an unfair advantage over the rest of the field. Various professional sports leagues have attempted to set a level playing field by testing for drug use and suspending those found guilty. It’s a noble effort, but it’s clearly not working. Stiff punishments have done little to reduce the number of cyclists caught cheating every year; as Deadspin helpfully points out, the inheritors of Lance Armstrong’s seven abandoned Tour de France titles have all been implicated in doping scandals. Major League Baseball also hands down suspensions each season to players caught using outlawed substances, and it’s absurd to think those players are the only ones guilty of juicing.

So if we really want to level the playing field, it may be time to head in the other direction: legalize performance enhancers.

Not only would the playing field suddenly be even for all players, it would be at a higher level. A huge part of watching sports is witnessing the very peak of human athletic ability, and legalizing performance enhancing drugs would help athletes climb even higher. Steroids and doping will help pitchers to throw harder, home runs to go further, cyclists to charge for longer and sprinters to test the very limits of human speed.

It also makes sense for professional sports to allow steroids from a business standpoint. One needs only look to the late 1990s, when Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa put on two of the most memorable baseball seasons in 1998 and 1999. Even cursory fans became invested in the home run races, especially in 1998 when McGwire shattered Roger Maris’ 37-year-old single season home run record. Jerseys flew off the shelves, games sold out and baseball was so exciting that some have gone so far as to claim it ruined post-steroid baseball.

At the same time, legalizing PEDs would make life much easier for professional sports organizations currently tasked with managing convoluted anti-doping policies. There is a blurry line, for instance, between what is and isn’t an improper performance enhancer. Major League Baseball has strict limits on stimulants like ephedrine and methamphetamine, but no restrictions on caffeine use. Athletes are also barred from human growth hormone, which reputably helps with injury recovery, but they have free use of muscle-building creatine. Not only would legalized PEDs help avoid the murky area of deciding what might be “too enhancing,” but they would save the bureaucratic trouble and possible embarrassment that accompanies disputed tests like Ryan Braun’s last December.

Detractors will argue that steroids and doping can pose health risks to the athletes involved, but athletes undertake serious health risks by simply walking onto the field or straddling a bike. Just last year, a media car ran Johnny Hoogerland off the road during the Tour de France, sending him headlong into barbed wire. Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann famously had his leg broken and career ended mid-game, and the devastating longterm effects of concussions are rapidly becoming apparent. Plus, if performance enhancers were made legal, then they could be safely distributed and regulated so that players aren’t forced to rely on shady back alley transactions for untested drugs.

In baseball, legalized steroids could go a long way toward solving the contentious issue of Hall of Fame voting. Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and Sosa will all be on next year’s ballot, and none are expected to earn entry because the Hall’s voters have so far kept out players found guilty or even suspected of using steroids. It’s a problematic approach, however, because a player who isn’t suspected of steroid use could be just as guilty as one who is.

Take Barry Larkin, for instance, who was inducted into the Hall of Fame earlier this year. Larkin has, to my knowledge, never been accused of using steroids. But the shortstop hit 33 home runs in 1996, right in the heart of the steroid era. Larkin’s power that year was a career anomaly, as he never hit more than 20 home runs in any other season. I can’t say that Larkin used steroids, but I can’t say that he didn’t, either. The simple fact is that any recent player inducted to the Hall of Fame will enter under a veil of suspicion and uncertainty, regardless of what evidence exists. If PEDs are made legal in professional sports, then suspicion would no longer need apply and the best players would be fairly rewarded for their on-field performances.

Synthetically-inflated statistics may no longer be comparable to historical records but, while it’s nice to look back on what players accomplished decades ago, it’s important to note that historical statistics are already antiquated. Baseball has changed over time, so records set by Babe Ruth or Roger Maris are obsolete. Rule changes radically modified baseball at the end of the dead-ball era, and the talent pool widened considerably when the league was racially integrated in the 1940s. Hitters gained a huge advantage when the mound was lowered five inches in 1969, and nutrition and training regimens have turned modern baseball players into physical specimens that were unheard of decades ago. Simply put, professional sports have evolved so much over the years that it’s mostly nonsense to directly compare statistics across eras, regardless of steroid use.

Athletes are going to take steroids and turn to doping regardless of the rules. Drug use in cycling is seemingly as old as the sport itself, and baseball players have tried to cut corners wherever possible, whether it be with spit balls, corked bats, stimulants or steroids. It doesn’t justify the actions of Armstrong, Cabrera or Colon – they knew the rules and chose to break them – but the current system has continually failed to establish a level playing field for the world’s most talented athletes. Legalizing steroids, doping and other performance enhancers would finally set an even bar, and that would just be the first of many benefits.

These are great points. Since athletes are already taking risks, we should attach sharp blades to all of the equipment and set the playing fields on fire. What does it hurt to make the games more harmful? They are already taking risks, right?

These are great points. Since athletes are already taking risks, we should attach sharp blades to all of the equipment and set the playing fields on fire. What does it hurt to make the games more harmful? They are already taking risks, right?

No one is forcing anyone to take steroids, no one is even forcing the players to play the sports in the first place.

No one is forcing anyone to take steroids, no one is even forcing the players to play the sports in the first place.

Just so we're clear... are you advocating for the legalization of anabolic steroids in professional sports? It's hard to tell if you believe this or are just trying to be clever.

Police_Cops_Addicted_To_Steroids_Roid_Ra

This image made me laugh though. I was reading the points on that one until I saw the "10 interesting things about bears" and "10 bizarre things you can get from a vending machine"

It's hard to tell if you believe this or are just trying to be clever.

No one has ever accused me of being clever before, thanks.

I was kinda thinking the same thing, I'm pretty sure this Dave used to be a small guy and then he started the roids and that turned him into BIG DAVE with his big muscles and small winky grin ha...These topics always crack me up...

I was kinda thinking the same thing, I'm pretty sure this Dave used to be a small guy and then he started the roids and that turned him into BIG DAVE with his big muscles and small winky grin ha...These topics always crack me up...

I was a small guy.................when I was 8. laugh

Little Dave must love himself some roids, I've never seen someone try to defend them so much.

I defend freedom.

Oh that's right, you don't like freedom. You like the government telling you what to do.

Considering pro athletes have a significant following among kids and the side effect dangers of using roids is well known, i'm not so sure it's a good idea to advocate their use. In most cases PEDs are legitimate pharmaceuticals that are not for the purpose of making top of the line athletes above the line. But then again, that's the pesky federal government (FDA) telling you how to live your life.

But being against legalizing pharmaceuticals for off the book use and giving young athletes the notion that you must have these to go pro is about hating freedom. What a pantload.

Considering pro athletes have a significant following among kids and the side effect dangers of using roids is well known, i'm not so sure it's a good idea to advocate their use. In most cases PEDs are legitimate pharmaceuticals that are not for the purpose of making top of the line athletes above the line. But then again, that's the pesky federal government (FDA) telling you how to live your life.

But being against legalizing pharmaceuticals for off the book use and giving young athletes the notion that you must have these to go pro is about hating freedom. What a pantload.

Where did I say anyone should advocate their use? Pro athletes may be using preparation H for hemorrhoids too but because we don't make a big deal out of it no one even knows. What type of supplements people take are none of my business.

You don't seem to mind the fact that the NFL, MLB and probably every other professional sports league endorses every type of beer and alcohol there is even though statistically alcohol is MUCH more dangerous. But, but, what about the kids? crazy

Considering pro athletes have a significant following among kids and the side effect dangers of using roids alcohol is well known, i'm not so sure it's a good idea to advocate their use.