• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fantasy football keeper question

Stcloudangler

Well, update for this, I'm 5-2 and heading into this week against the worst team in the league. As for the Cobb/Ridley debate, injury now says I took the right guy... and I also picked Vereen off the WW this week for depth there.

RB has been a challenge, but the "do-th-opposite" theory has worked well so far for me....

How is everyone elses leagues going so far?

5-2

4-3

3-4

How is the playoff scenario looking for you guys?

9-4, 2nd seed w/ bye (Ridley pick league)

7-6, 6th seed and needing luck to get some in that league

5-8, outta there

Overall, in the playoffs in my 2 bigger money leagues, so as they say "chip and a chair"... Goal every year is to make the playoffs with all 3 leagues, but got bit by the dreaded most points against in the 5-8 league... I scored the 3rd most in that one and if you had me pick one of the three I would say that is my best team!

Yeah it's all about the schedule, I've scored the most points in the league before and didn't even make playoffs, I thought it was impossible but then it happened to my buddy the very next season lol.

I'm not a lock in any league yet, probably comes down to tonight in my money league.

I'm up 106 to 77, he has Brees and Hartley, I have Seattle D. If I pull out the win I'll more then likely make playoffs, but the league is so tight I might have to win this week and next week. It's definitely going to come down to points because alot of teams have the same record.

Lets go legion of BOOM!!!

• 3 weeks later...

This league is all I have left... fortunately it is the one that pays the most, and I am in the championship. Its all profit, so I am hoping for some luck. Gotta hope that Charles cools off and Megatron can regain form this week, among other things..

Nice, I'm also in the Superbowl this week in my money league I wasted my 2nd and 4th round pick on Ridley and Wilson. Was the highest point scorer in the league so I got my money back. We pay highest point total and best record for regular season, then pay out 1-3rd in the playoffs.

Made the playoffs in 5 out of 6 leagues, lost the first match in one of them so I am fighting for 3rd place. I'm in 4 Superbowls, should be able to take home a few trophies lol

• 3 weeks later...

So how did it go?

I won it all in the league I took Ridley in the 2nd and Wilson in the 4th. Peyton, McCoy, Antonio Brown, and Seattle D led me to the promise lands. Scored the highest points and took 1st so I won $300.

I won 2 other leagues and took 4th in another, my 3yr old daughter also won her league hehehe. Fantasy Gods were pretty nice to me this season.

Eh, i got stomped in the chip pretty good. I was against Manning, Charles, etc and my studs didnt produce. Foles, Megatron, Vernon Davis not up to par.

I netted 135 for that league, so probably made 50 bucks for the year on the 3 leagues. I may have to get into another next year. 3 is getting to be easy to manage, 4-5 would be the next step?

Congrats to you, and your daughter (3yr?) grin

I may be in the same spot for the keeper next year, what do you think at this point?

Foles for 9th round

Zac Stacy for 9th round

OUCH, didn't you have a chance to keep Manning this year? That really stings when they come back to whoop ya lol.

Foles and Stacy should both be monster value for 9th rounders. Do you guys get to know your draft position before you choose your keepers?

We need to get a FishingMN Fantasy League going, I'm on Yahoo so that would be the easiest for me to set up if we get some peeps that are down.

No, we do not know the draft order until about 30 min before go time.

I think that it may become more clear as the offseason progresses.... i heard already that DeSean Jackson is whining about money already, have to keep an eye on that.

I would be in for a FM league, has to be at least 10 though.

Yeah I wouldn't be making any decisions yet, alot happens between now and then. Maclin and Cooper will both be free agents also. Foles could be a fantasy beast next season if they can get everyone signed.

I picked him up and won my leauge. I was in a auction leauge and spent a good portion of my salary on MCcoy and Charles. Sometimes you got to go with your gut picks. And a little luck. ; )

That's a mean RB combo there! Buddy of mine had the same combo in a reception league and tore us to shreds.

Auction leagues are fun, lets you get a few guys you could never get on the same squad doing the traditional draft. No one has an advantage because any guy can be yours if your willing to pay.

It also helped to get Garcon and A. brown when the others spent there chunks on the stud wrs. Auction is fun but I think the standard way is fun also.

Brown is a stud, I needed 12 points from him to win the first round of the playoffs coming down to Sunday Night Football and he got a TD right away on the 2nd drive then took that punt back for another TD for me, got me the win about mid way through 1st quarter.

I got him late in a few standard drafts and on the cheap in an auction but I bet he's a Top 10 WR this season.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st
    • leech~~
      As I get older it's really not just about sending bullets down range.  Some of it's just the workmanship of the gun and the wow factor. The other two guns I have really wanted which I'll never have now because of their price, is a 8mm Jap Nambu and 9mm German Luger.   Just thought they always looked cool!  
    • jim curlee
      I had a guy hit me with a lightly used 1969 BAR, he wanted $1650 with an older Leupold scope. More than I think they are worth, I made an offer, he declined end of story.   You know if you look at the old brochures, a grade II BAR sold for $250 in the late 60s, $1650 would be a good return on your investment.    Why would anybody want a 50 year old gun, they are heavy, have wood stocks, and blued metal.  I guess mainly to keep their gun safes glued to the floor. lol   You can probably buy a stainless rifle that you never have to clean, with a synthetic stock you never have to refinish, is as light as a feather, and for half as much money, perfect.   I'm too old for a youth gun, although I've shrunk enough that it would probably fit. lol   No Ruger 10/44s.   Jim      

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.