• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Minnkota Co-pilot

Question

Has anyone tried the Minn-kota Co-polit that is basically a remote control for the trolling motor? I have seen it in some stores and have wondered if it is worth the cash.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Mike

5 answers to this question

I bought one last summer and it was worth every penny! Being somewhat "foot challenged" the co-pilot made boat control much easier for me. I would also recommend buying an additional transmitter just in case you misplace yours or would like your fishing buddy to control the boat while you are unhooking a fish. Another added bonus is controlling the boat of another fisherman if your co-pilots are on the same frequency and you are resonabley close! Just a little added fun if the fishing is slow.

Has anyone tried the Minn-kota Co-polit that is basically a remote control for the trolling motor? I have seen it in some stores and have wondered if it is worth the cash.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Thanks for the help. Too bad it seems that I missed the "boat" on a promotion for a free transmitter. I will still look a little closer at the unit next time I am in a shop that stocks them.

Thanks again, and good fishing!

Mike

Great product, way easier to use than the foot pedal (you can still use the foot pedal if you ever lose remote or just want to). I didn't even lose my remote all year. The only problem, and it barely ever happened, is if you are in back and your buddy is in the line of sight for the remote, you'll need to tell him to get the ****out of the way so you can control the motor (it's always good to yell at your boat mates from time to time to let them know who's in control). It's a great feature that once you have you can't live without.

I really love mine too. Great product that works. I used mine on about fifty fishing trips and never had one single problem. Makes it easy to move around the boat when casting and fighting fish. I use the wrist strap and just have to bump it with my chin to stop the boat. The only drawback is now my buddy always sits in the bow or the boat so I have to fish in the back in my own boat.