• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

smurfy
1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

careful of what you ask for!!!   sorry Glenn I had too!!  I was told to say it!!

Hey don't you gotta go to bed!!🤣

gunner55
On 5/20/2020 at 5:10 PM, PRO-V said:

Smurf, if you're here for a month might have to meet for a cocktail.

On 5/20/2020 at 7:07 PM, Mike89 said:

careful of what you ask for!!!   sorry Glenn I had too!!  I was told to say it!!

FYI PRO-V, they usually keep a close eye on him up there so hanging out with him could be trouble.😀

• Wow, ❤ 1
  • Yayyyy 2

smurfy
1 hour ago, gunner55 said:

FYI PRO-V, they usually keep a close eye on him up there so hanging out with him could be trouble.😀

HEY. 🥴🤧🤪 I'll have you know.......

PRO-V

As a matter of fact I'm at Sand Lake right now. Actually caught some walleyes. Most were too big. 18"-20". Got the first dogfish of my life also.

• Thumbs Up 3

gunner55

Seems like there's quite a few of those 18-20" in here right now. Had a neighbor get 6 keepers the other night though. First Bowfin, really, should try a 4-6 #'er on a UL. They'll tell you if you tie good knots & if your drag is working though. The stop sign that's by the little bridge, we're just north of that a bit.

Edited by gunner55
  • Thumbs Up 1

smurfy
12 hours ago, PRO-V said:

As a matter of fact I'm at Sand Lake right now. Actually caught some walleyes. Most were too big. 18"-20". Got the first dogfish of my life also.

and you keep them dogfish in sand too!!!!!!!!!!😂 maybe shoulda kept some of them other roughfish and get rid of them!!!!!!🤣😜

• Yayyyy 1

smurfy

i'm off this coming week, and looking at my calender…….I have nothing going on, soooo...….I be thinking by wed I may head north!!!!!!!!👍

gunner55

Hmmm!🤔 Some dogfish in Peterson, I don't think the DNR will mind.😉🙂

Edited by gunner55
  • Thumbs Up 1

smurfy
2 hours ago, gunner55 said:

Hmmm!🤔 Some dogfish in Peterson, I don't think the DNR will mind.😉🙂

😡💩👎 listen here bubba!!!!!!!!!1🤣

• Yayyyy 1

PRO-V

My stepdaughter and her husband figured they would try Peterson since they were close. I guess she got this 19 1/2" this afternoon. 

IMG_20200525_175848_01.jpg

Edited by PRO-V
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

smurfy
54 minutes ago, PRO-V said:

My stepdaughter and her husband figured they would try Peterson since they were close. I guess she got this 19 1/2" this afternoon. 

IMG_20200525_175848_01.jpg

🤣 funny guy. That tree line kinda looks like just south of the access but dead giveaway were the rushes!!

Looks alot like sand to me.

PRO-V
52 minutes ago, smurfy said:

🤣 funny guy. That tree line kinda looks like just south of the access but dead giveaway were the rushes!!

Looks alot like sand to me.

You know what? I double checked with them and it was Sand. Sorry for any confusion.😜🤣

• Yayyyy 1

PRO-V

I was just testing your knowledge of geography and you got a perfect score. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Rick
      By Rick
      In memory of those who made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms we enjoy. Thank you!!

Your sacrifice and courage gave us a country where we can pursue our dreams without the fear of others denying our freedom, essential liberty and ability to pursue happiness. Thank you.

I promise your sacrifice has not been made in vain. I will always be vigilant protecting what you so courageously bought for all of us. Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Courage and love, over fear and hatred...ALWAYS!

THANK YOU VETERANS who gave everything that we might live FREE!
    • NDAngler
      By NDAngler
      Hey folks,
      First post here. I've really wanted to get into smallmouth fishing. It's hard to track down reports about rivers and creeks, so I was wondering if there are any nice smallmouth creeks around Ottertail County. I live about 50 miles into southeast ND and I have a couple cabins I can stay at around Otter Tail. I would really appreciate any information you are willing to share. Thank you!
    • Squirrelhawke
      By Squirrelhawke
      Ended up going out to the South end of the lake this weekend. Did ok for bites not knowing the lake so only brought home one pike. Saw quite a few more but they were all too big to keep with the 24-36 slot in effect. Biggest surprise was catching a small pout on my first cast yesterday. Definitely a river lake.
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      5.18.2020 On the south end...  Resorts are open and anglers enjoying fishing and fish frys.  A strong walleye bite continues with best success in 20 - 30 feet of water.  Anchored up and vertical jigging a jig and minnow or frozen emerald shiner has been very successful.  Gold / pink or gold / orange colors hard to beat.  South end water temps warmer than north end of lake.  Fish on the south end mainly post spawn, up north, still spawning.  A nice mix of eaters, slots and trophies.  Some big pike continue to be caught as well.  
      On the Rainy River...   Some good walleyes were caught in the river this week.  Best depth 12-24'.  Jigs and minnows working the best.  Some fish still being caught in the Four Mile Bay and the Bostic Bay areas.  Fish are post spawn.  Some shiners are in the river holding fish. The sturgeon season is closed until July 1st when the season re-opens.
      Up at the NW Angle...  Until the US / Canada border opens, guests can travel across the lake and stay in MN waters.  Some resorts are offering transport service across the lake in MN waters to the Angle prior to the border opening.  Various south shore resorts are offering parking for guests of NW Angle resorts.
      Fishing is great.  Anglers fishing the Angle are catching good numbers of walleyes.  Jigging rocky points and reefs close to islands in 8 - 25 feet of water effective.  Some good fish also coming on crankbaits in 8-12' of water. 

• Muskies
      By Muskies
      Hello everyone.
      I have not seen or heard from anyone on the form so I thought I would post some pictures of opening weekend on rainy lake, May 16 and 17. Water is about 18” low from July levels and water temperature is 56 degrees as of Sunday. The walleyes and bass were caught on jig and minnows in 8’- 12’ of water. 

• hooksetter
      By hooksetter
      Has anyone fished a small lake near Cross Lake called Velvet Lake? I am looking at property on the lake and may have to make a decision before exploring the lake!

Thank you for any information. 

mark hooksetter
    • SteinBizer
      By SteinBizer
      Who’s ready for pre spawn? Water temps on the river should be getting close right? I lived on the Minnesota River most my life now I’m stuck in central and I’m not a lake fishing guy. Anyone off the Minnesota, Mississippi, or St. Croix have any updates on water temps in those rivers, feel free to reply! I’m scratchin to go cat’n ! Going out this weekend to fill the bait tank with some bullheads. 
    • F/M member
      By F/M member
      Catfishing the Red River? In the F/M area?

What works best for catfishing in the F/M area?
      Whats the contour of the Red River like for someone to see where to fish?
      Are any of the dam spots good for catfishing?

What has worked for you?
    • Coleman
      By Coleman
      Just kinda curious to hear if anyone hit the chain this weekend...specifically if they fished the river?  I fished the lakes because of the water temps, but was just curious if people had success on the river.  

I found the typical situation for spring, fish shallower then you think you should fish.  I caught all of my eyes in less then 10 FOW, and most in 7 FOW right off any weed edge you could find.   

Caught a few cats, one shallow with some eyes, then saw a school of fish on a break, thought they might be a group of female eye, and turned out to be a big school of cats.  But, nothing wrong with a 6-7 cat on a light jigging setup.  
    • DonkeyHodey
      By DonkeyHodey
      Kiddos had a blast.  The River is hot right now!  Fishies got the feedbag on bigtime.  We were using nightcrawlers mostly.  Crank/spinners or minnows will work fine too (as others down the shore (more than 6 feet away of course) were having good luck.)
      One fun story:  I get a smallie on.  I can tell he's all tied up in another line.  ...But it's not one of our lines and at that time, there's no one else around... ?  Turns out, the fish has a hook lodged deep in the throat with a long leader of line hanging out it's mouth with a swivel--my hook snagged the knot of line/swivel!  Long and short, I got the other hook out and released him with no bleeding/harm.  Yay!

Life is better when you've got a little bass-thumb...

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Squirrelhawke
      thank you Tom got the wife on it now
    • ANYFISH2
      Isaac was at it again this evening!  He has now broke his PB 3 times since Friday.  Friday he caught a 19 1/2" that weighted 4lbs 10oz, then Saturday the 5lb 2oz, 20 3/4" girl above.    Now today, he catches another 20 3/4" but this one weighted 5lbs 6oz!  He is on fire!   Or, I am just good luck!
    • PRO-V
      I was just testing your knowledge of geography and you got a perfect score. 
    • CigarGuy
      I emailed manicks yesterday morning and voiced my concerns, 3 hours later my dock was in, but not the lift. It looks like they put all the docks in on the Partridge River. We got 6 more walleyes last night, 1- 12" and the others over 22". Back home now.
    • Wakemup
      Seconded! I took down 3 pines on Sunday and a brief but refreshing dip followed.   Manick’s hadn’t been to Wakemup Narrows, so it was a working weekend around the place- fun to read the fishing reports, keep them coming!
    • PRO-V
      You know what? I double checked with them and it was Sand. Sorry for any confusion.😜🤣
    • tacklejunkie
      Gave it a go over the weekend. Nothing F and F  but did get our a limit. Harnesses with the standard chartreuse blades trolling at 1.4-1.6. Did play with some flicker minnows and flicker shads and nothing on the minnows but did get two and released a nice one on the shads   Just troll the flats. The fish LOVE those crawlers.        
    • james_walleye
      Every fish we caught was on boulder points. Not much going on the normal shorelines and docks that we like to fish. 
    • smurfy
      🤣 funny guy. That tree line kinda looks like just south of the access but dead giveaway were the rushes!!   Looks alot like sand to me.
    • PRO-V

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.