• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

gunner55

There were 5 maybe 6 boats over at the resort Thursday - Sunday. Heard they were doing some hunting too. Pretty quiet on the bay, most of the docks & lifts are out. Probably going to get real quiet after you show up.:lol:

smurfy
3 hours ago, gunner55 said:

There were 5 maybe 6 boats over at the resort Thursday - Sunday. Heard they were doing some hunting too. Pretty quiet on the bay, most of the docks & lifts are out. Probably going to get real quiet after you show up.:lol:

i hope soo!!!!!! but being it MEA weekend 'm guessing it will be a zoo till sunday!!!!!!!

gunner55

4 outfits out here right now.

smurfy

anyone with any info as to how the ice conditions are up this way???????????

snowfighter
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:16 AM, smurfy said:

anyone with any info as to how the ice conditions are up this way???????????

Haven't been out looking but things have been froze up for awhile. Heard there was some out on Bowstring last week.

• Thanks 1

smurfy

Thanks snowfighter. Coming up Dec 9 weekend.:grin:my brother took some fish outta little turtle the weekend of Oct 7 th. Sounds like from your end of the lake. Seen pics, some decent pike.

Edited by smurfy
  • Like 1

smurfy

any new/fresh ice reports???????? hope the supposed forecasted snow event don't screw up the ice!!!!!!!!:cry:

Kettle

Few lakes around Grand rapids that I fish have 6-8 inches of ice and these are 600+ acers and some over 50 ft deep. I'm heading up by bowstring this afternoon and I'll give you a report. 

Kettle

smurfy
2 hours ago, Kettle said:

Few lakes around Grand rapids that I fish have 6-8 inches of ice and these are 600+ acers and some over 50 ft deep. I'm heading up by bowstring this afternoon and I'll give you a report. 

Kettle

Thanks, we aren't far from Bowstring. Maybe 10 miles north.

eyeguy 54
2 hours ago, Kettle said:

Kettle

good luck!  looking forward to a report. 

smurfy

sure hope he didnt fall in!!!!!!!!!:confused::cry:

Kettle

I didn't fall in :) Ended up not fishing bowstring. When I got up north buddy of mine had a crazy idea to grab the wheelers and go on a wild goose chase for crappies. Fished a smaller lake, six inches of ice in the area. We didn't take the wheelers out. Going to try and convince him to chase walleye on string this evening

• Thanks 1

eyeguy 54

see if those crappies are hungry yet :) 

smurfy

i called george in deer river.........the bait shop on the east end...........he wasnt there, so i called the bowstring store. she told me that little turtle had 8 inches of ice and that her boys put the permy spear schack out. she also said there are some permy houses out on jessie also.

that news makes me really happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kettle

Got out briefly before the storm, pouring rain and lighting is a deterrent for me. I went out of the northwest access. There is about a two foot high pressure ridge where I have in red on the map. Deepest I could get was 18 ft without crossing it. Up to it and west there is 8.5 inches I measured with a tape. The northeast access has about three feet of ice pushed up on it. Didn't check the south end or cow bay access. It's almost a mile from the access to that ridge

Kettle

IMG_20171204_155910.jpg

• Thanks 1

smurfy

thanks for that update kettle.;)

smurfy

anyone with any idea how much snow they got last nite???????????

PRO-V

Only a dusting in Grand Rapids.

gunner55

Looked to be about the same over at Williams Narrows & Trails End.

Edited by gunner55

smurfy

well pretty much ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait!!!!!!!!!! look out fish!!!!!!:grin:

• Like 1

smurfy

stay warm up there fellas. i had plans on heading up new years weekend but my grandson died, so........... i would of also not gone with the weather as such!!!!!! i am of the opinion you just ask for trouble when its gonna be that cold!!!!!!! 

Draht

Heading to that area this weekend - Curious as too how much snow cover is on the area lakes, and whether it's even worth bringing the wheelhouse?

smurfy

depends on what lake you go to i guess. i was up the weekend it was so bitter cold. very few lakes have plowed roads like winnie, red, mille lacs. there was probably 6 inches of snow on the ground and lake. the snow on the lake was drifted and had a bit of a crust to it. not sure what the warm strech did to it though. there are several bait shops you could call!!!!!!!!

Coldtrack

We have been driving about anywhere we want on the lakes north of Winni

merc

Was up on Big Bow last week. Pulled three trucks out that were stuck. Not easy getting around off the roads. We went out of Geigers and he has a nice road where you can get off and fish. Fishing was not good though we didn't try going cross country to our normal spots. Good luck!!