• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

19 hours ago, Animal Up North said:

lots of slush on bowstring

not what i wanted to hear!!!!!!!

Flew over Bowstring this afternoon. Trails end had plowed road otherwise it looked like snowmobile only. Pressure ridge ran from SE to NW.

IMG_2833.JPG

IMG_2832.JPG

• l Love It 1

hey now!!!!!!!!!!!!!??? its not far north of bowstring. do you know where the old north elementary school is? not far from there!!!! 

Just east of the dump on Co Rd 4 there's a store, Spring Lake.  Just a hop, skip, & a jump( NE ) of that is where the little blue guy hangs out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone want to partner up Monday and Tuesday, I'm thinking of coming up for a lake hopping trip...I found some lakes I'd like to try for the 1st time mostly panfish and 1 walleye lake.... Also do you think I can get around on a wheeler with chains or is tracked vehicle needed.

We were going to be heading up Monday but now they are saying 3 to 6 inches of snow starting Sunday night. Not sure what our plans are now.  

Probably earlyTuesday or Wednesday, depending on the weather, for us. With the reports I'm seeing I'm not even thinking about getting on the ice for at least a few days, probably more like early the next week. Could take us the better part of 2 days to get everything blown out the way we like, with all the snow they've had since Christmas

Smurf, I found your lake on Google maps. We didn't get quite that far north. I think something with tracks will be mandatory going off plowed roads. All the lakes we flew over it was plowed roads or snowmobile. Heard a wheeler won't do it even with chains in most places. Not many people out either.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PRO-V said:

Smurf, I found your lake on Google maps. We didn't get quite that far north. I think something with tracks will be mandatory going off plowed roads. All the lakes we flew over it was plowed roads or snowmobile. Heard a wheeler won't do it even with chains in most places. Not many people out either.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Oh great, just got a weather warning, another 5-7 inches of snow for up there Sunday night into Monday. May as well kiss spearing good bye up there.

We're kind of in your neighborhood too, PRO-V. If you head west on Co Rd 35 towards Inger there's a stop sign by the Portage bridge. Just a little north of that.

Edited by gunner55
  • Thumbs Up 1

i'll be spending some time in rapids this spring. we have a outlet office right on hwy 2 by the floor to ceiling place. we rent it from the first call for help people.  be doing negotiations for ASV paint dept workers.

I noticed snowfighter hasn't been around in a while. hope he is OK. he is just north of talmoon on little turtle. he usually gave some good info. we actually bought our cabin from his dad!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, smurfy said:

be doing negotiations for ASV paint dept workers.

Good luck with that cheap outfit. I've heard they are pretty good at screwing over the worker there.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, PRO-V said:

Good luck with that cheap outfit. I've heard they are pretty good at screwing over the worker there.

yea they are!!!!!! its been a 5 year fight. we still currently have an ongoing battle. the NLRB has ruled in our favor TWICE. and there still fighting us. they did have to and complied bring back the employees they terminated. only 5 of the 13 went back. we are waiting for the boards ruling yet again on the assembly dept, that would be close to 50 more union employees. 

13 hours ago, PRO-V said:

I totally agree with you. Not worth the effort.

I haven't even been down to the lake yet & probably won't until the upcoming cold snap is done. Had a couple sleds go by close to our shore yesterday & it looks like they found a lot of slush. Some out on Bowstring both Friday & today though. North PA,  sleds & wheelers. Looks like there's been some traffic over @ Geiger's again this weekend.

25 minutes ago, gunner55 said:

I haven't even been down to the lake yet & probably won't until the upcoming cold snap is done. Had a couple sleds go by close to our shore yesterday & it looks like they found a lot of slush. Some out on Bowstring both Friday & today though. North PA,  sleds & wheelers. Looks like there's been some traffic over @ Geiger's again this weekend.

if the accueweather forecast is even close it dont look lie an above 0 low for the rest of the month....so you'll have a lot of down time to head to inger!!!!!!!!?

7 hours ago, smurfy said:

if the accueweather forecast is even close it dont look lie an above 0 low for the rest of the month....so you'll have a lot of down time to head to inger!!!!!!!!?

They're probably on the warpath after seeing you drive by Saturday.? The TWC's 10 day for Squaw Lake has 10-15* or more below overnight for next weekend when you were wanting to do some spearing. Only seen a couple highs over 10* for the same time frame.

• Wow, ❤ 1