• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

9 minutes ago, PRO-V said:

Didn't get squat for snow.

really............WOW..........awesome sauce!! maybe my trip in 2 weeks will still happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

where we goin smurf?? ;)

Looks like I will be up too Glenn. Not on Peterson though. There are better lakes not far from you to hit, but I can't tell on here, too many spies out there.       

Yeah it looks like that won't happen now. :cry: but I am currently in Grand Rapids. There is snow in the woods, looks like maybe a foot but still there is a lot of brown grass showing. One thing is it can really change from deer river to talmoon in a hurry as far as snow amounts go  

It looks like we'll be going back up by the 1st part of next week, now. If you start behaving................at least some of the time, I might tell you what we find up there :P;):lol:

Edited by gunner55

56 minutes ago, gunner55 said:

It looks like we'll be going back up by the 1st part of next week, now. If you start behaving................at least some of the time, I might tell you what we find up there :P;):lol:

i'll warn the natives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P:grin:

• 4 weeks later...

No ice on our bay this morning, some on the lake but that too should be gone by the weekend.

Seen a report from someone on the south shore of the main lake that said the big sheet of ice they had out there yesterday Is nowhere to be found this morning.

Some aerial shots showed a couple small areas of ice out there yday, it should be gone today. Same shots from the plane showed a lot over on Bowstring & Winnie yet.

Giegers posted this morning that Bowstring is ice free and they are going to start putting the docks in today.

That's good to hear, I'll be up weekend after opener!!!??

• 4 months later...

time to turn to the woods. lotz of leaves still hanging on. seen only 2 grouse. not a lot of activity in and around the woods. didn't her much shooting with duck opening up.

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2018 at 1:31 PM, smurfy said:

any ice thickness reports?????????????? starting to get the itch!!!!!

My buddy went by Bowstring a couple days ago and there were pockets of open water. Things are melting today in Grand Rapids. Gotta be patient. 

Edited by PRO-V
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone with any recent snow and ice reports, slush on the lakes? I cancelled my new year's weekend trip due to the weather and looking at my calendar I have only a few weekends open before spearing closes??!

7 minutes ago, PRO-V said:

Got a couple more inches of snow last night. Haven't been on the lake. 

thanks pro-v. I am not to confident  about no slush on lakes but reports up there are  hard to come by.

A friend who fishes it alot has not been on it yet so I'm no help but I would be worried about slush and drifts unless you have a snowmobile.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, PRO-V said:

A friend who fishes it alot has not been on it yet so I'm no help but I would be worried about slush and drifts unless you have a snowmobile.

Ugh! Ish. I fear slush. Way to many really bad experiences!?

based on the DNR email with the CO  weekly reports, there saying as a common report slush pockets on area lakes!!!!!??

• Wow, ❤ 1

anybody been out on some of the smaller lakes, or know someone that has. really interested in hearing how much snow and slush is on the lakes????? i know each lake or area can be different but it give me a basic idea. i need to get back up there!!!!!!!!!