• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Is this where I put in a canon guy-you can't get me out of your mind? 😆  Good Luck.  👍

Every time I go up there I have flashbacks. 🙆‍♂️ 🤣

Thanks, we’ll see what happens.  I will have the advantage of going wherever I want on a mix of private and public ground and probably a couple drives with a group.  So there’s that…

Not super anxious to drop one but any branch antlered buck might be in trouble with a good shot opportunity.  There are at least 3 doe tags to fill yet too.  If I can get permission to fill one I’ll try the handgun if I can.  Never done that before.

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Thanks, we’ll see what happens.  I will have the advantage of going wherever I want on a mix of private and public ground and probably a couple drives with a group.  So there’s that…

Not super anxious to drop one but any branch antlered buck might be in trouble with a good shot opportunity.  There are at least 3 doe tags to fill yet too.  If I can get permission to fill one I’ll try the handgun if I can.  Never done that before.

🙄🤔 who in there right mind wouldnt want a little more deer meat in the freezer!!!!!!!! 🤣 good luck have fun......and why arent you already on your way!!!!!!🤪

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Yeah, not sure what's up with that dirt road and trucks trying to run me over? Open weekend I'm park way off the road getting my gear on to head in the woods. Two other trucks meet right where I'm parked. One pulls behind me to let the other go by, then floors it as loud as he can kicking up dirt all over and just missing me by inches. Sure have met a lot of azzwip drivers on that road! 😆

• Yayyyy 1

33 minutes ago, smurfy said:

🙄🤔 who in there right mind wouldnt want a little more deer meat in the freezer!!!!!!!! 🤣 good luck have fun......and why arent you already on your way!!!!!!🤪

ML season is coming.  That’s my favorite.

• Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, Wanderer said:

@smurfy a lot of the small water is skimmed over/capped.  Most of the big water is open.

I wasn’t clear on if the doe permit was open so I didn’t try to shoot any of the 5 I saw.  I’m clear now. 😄

My buddy’s 14 year old son got his first deer today - a mature doe.  A good day. 👍

👌 great to hear, but if this wind doesnt take a chill pill soon, i might need to cut a hole in the bottom of the boat to drop my decoy down!!!!!!!!🤪🙄

• Yayyyy 1

9 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Yah it’s pretty crazy out here being a tree rat!  Yikes.  This will break up some ice!

hang on bud!!!!!!!!!🤭

• Thanks 1

Got down a while ago to take a walk.  Introduced myself to a doe at 40 yards with a 300 Win mag round to the thinker.

She dressed out nice.  No pics. 😵🙄

Edited by Wanderer
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Wow, ❤ 1

And to cap off the weekend: Just before sunset I got to watch a bobcat put a stalk on the squirrels I’d been watching in the afternoon.  About 50 yards down hill so the view was good.

For probably 15-20 minutes I watched him get into to position to wait and pounce when one got close enough.  I thought he would a few times but I guess he needed them closer.  On his last move he got busted.  A couple gray’s took up heckling him until he called it quits, just stood up, shook himself off, wagged his little tail and walked away.

For all the time I’ve been in the woods that was my first live sighting and a cool one ta boot.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Wanderer said:

And to cap off the weekend: Just before sunset I got to watch a bobcat put a stalk on the squirrels I’d been watching in the afternoon.  About 50 yards down hill so the view was good.

For probably 15-20 minutes I watched him get into to position to wait and pounce when one got close enough.  I thought he would a few times but I guess he needed them closer.  On his last move he got busted.  A couple gray’s took up heckling him until he called it quits, just stood up, shook himself off, wagged his little tail and walked away.

For all the time I’ve been in the woods that was my first live sighting and a cool one ta boot.

well the 100 dollar question is.............did you learn anything from that failed sneek attack!!!!!!!!!🤣

2 hours ago, smurfy said:

well the 100 dollar question is.............did you learn anything from that failed sneek attack!!!!!!!!!🤣

Yup!  That even though they’ll bark occasionally at me, they’re really NOT worried! 😄

And that a bobcat can move through oak leaves without making hardly ANY noise.  That was impressive.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

checked the webcams on bowstring shores and williams narrows....more and more ice each day!!!!!!!👌 small lakes should be even better!!!!!! just hope the wind behaves itself!!!!!🙄

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

Another batch of Itasca county snot rockets thru the smoker.

IMG_20211128_142335829.jpg

That looks like a pretty big haul!   Got any T.I.P  s   🤭

Edited by leech~~
  • Yayyyy 1

16 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

That looks like a pretty big haul!   Got any T.I.P  s   🤭

Hah, callem, only 14 fillets, 7 fish 🤣 and there's 2 of us here with a license.🤭

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Hah, callem, only 14 fillets, 7 fish 🤣 and there's 2 of us here with a license.🤭

And all of them the same size. Like they came right from Morey's!  😄

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

10 hours ago, leech~~ said:

And all of them the same size. Like they came right from Morey's!  😄

Well they gotta be 22 and under.👍 and the 26 and up get Y- boned out at hit hot oil!!👍

• Thumbs Up 1

so.....where are all the guys from this area at???????? like they left for good!!!!!!!!!!! Kettle??????? ProV???????? Gunner.well he is from iowa!!!!!!!!🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

yea seen that........seems like it varies a bunch.......hope the wind cleans off the lakes!!!!!!!! snow will be good for banking the house!!!!!😅 snow alone shorelines could be issues to get on!!!! texted a former coworker.........he has been hearing 5-6 inches of ice on ball club and little winnie.........5 inched on long north of talmoon...........and thats a deep lake!!!!!!

i wont be going on any big lakes and wont cross over anything 10 ft deep!!! pretty confident i should get on the ice by friday. i got all kinds of time...........got some business in grand rapids wed early evening. thurs i decided i'm going to go out with chisel , auger and measuring device and check the lakes i want to fish before i load wheeler.........👌  

i took a peek at both the williams narrows webcams as well as bowstring shores.......... sure doesnt look like more than 6 inches of snow???????????

awesome picture!!!!!!! not really liking the 8 inches of snow, but if bowstring had 4 inches.......lakes i will be visiting should have a good 8!!!!!!!!! 👍

Smurfy, just finishing up residency. I move up Dec 21st. Not sure how much ice fishing I'll do this year, likely some. Trying to pay off the school loans before I buy a ton if toys. I should be able to provide some weather reports and some ice reports as I can walk out and always check with the hand auger. I'll be renting a cabin on little bass but my sister is up by Marcell so I'm sure I'll get up there weekly 

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Kettle said:

Smurfy, just finishing up residency. I move up Dec 21st. Not sure how much ice fishing I'll do this year, likely some. Trying to pay off the school loans before I buy a ton if toys. I should be able to provide some weather reports and some ice reports as I can walk out and always check with the hand auger. I'll be renting a cabin on little bass but my sister is up by Marcell so I'm sure I'll get up there weekly 

well we are 11-12 miles from marcell... some day mayhaps hook up at the timberwolf!!!!!!👍 good luck paying off loans!!!!!!! 

• Thumbs Up 2