• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

man i hate them things.......looks like i may need to pick up some of those window fly sticky thingys. they work pretty good in the boat. even for them dang ankle biting little flies.

57 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Some more!?

IMG_20210611_172246296_HDR.jpg

Did you show Boar this proof that you can catch fish? ?

• Yayyyy 1

? well if he reads forums he should know 

Just for assurances I sent him a text.?

Edited by smurfy
  • Yayyyy 1

1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

where's the can cooler from your friend that mails you such good stuff!!!   ?? 

gunner took it and brought it over to Inger........................??

• Confused 1
  • Yayyyy 1

3 hours ago, smurfy said:

Itasca county sunfish for supper.

IMG_20210616_175339165.jpg

I'll be darn, I guess a blind squirrel does find a nut on occasion ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 2

? hey now!!!!!!!!!? except for one day the fish bit better then the bugs!!!!!!!?

On 6/17/2021 at 9:14 AM, smurfy said:

? hey now!!!!!!!!!? except for one day the fish bit better then the bugs!!!!!!!?

Yea the flies are horrific currently up here. Yesterday was really windy so panfishing was tough, out for walleye today 

• Thumbs Up 1

Walleye were shallow, odd for 70 degree water, all were caught less than 14 ft, fairly stained water but odd they are shallow in mud June ?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Kettle said:

Walleye were shallow, odd for 70 degree water, all were caught less than 14 ft, fairly stained water but odd they are shallow in mud June ?

Sure hope you put a hurt on the flies.??

3 hours ago, smurfy said:

Sure hope you put a hurt on the flies.??

I put tape doubled over on the back of my hat, must have got 50 of them!

• Yayyyy 2

12 hours ago, Kettle said:

? i gotta remember to try that. i get the window fly tape and but them in my boat, especially for them little friggin ankle bitin buzzards.?

8 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

double sided carpet tape too

Nuttin like good ole duck tape.?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

been pretty quiet from up that way ?? probably headed back end of the month here!!!!!!!

On 6/20/2021 at 9:12 PM, Kettle said:

I told my wife about that trick and I may do it.  She said disgusting!  ?  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

I told my wife about that trick and I may do it.  She said disgusting!  ?  

you need to get Mrs. Leech outta that camper more often!!!!!!!!!!??

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

you need to get Mrs. Leech outta that camper more often!!!!!!!!!!??

She may spend all summer at our campground camper. But she an't going near no woods until fall! ?

• Yayyyy 1

• 3 weeks later...

my brother is currently up at the cabin, yesterday he sent me a very disturbing picture, 2 actually. i'm pretty sad about this. we've had an eagles nest on the point by the cabin for years. i've watched alot of young eagles get raised there.

well the tree subcombed to mother nature the way it looks. pictures he sent me shows the tree the nest is in snapped off and the nest laying on the ground.  this really bums me out........sure hope they stick around and find another tree to call home on the lake!!!!!!!!!

Who's property is it? I've seen a few places where the DNR or someone put up poles with a platform on it for Eagles when their nesting tree's finally rotted out. 

56 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Who's property is it? I've seen a few places where the DNR or someone put up poles with a platform on it for Eagles when their nesting tree's finally rotted out. 

the property the nest sits on is owned by the state of minnesota according to the Itasca county GIS mapping.

i'm not real confident the DNR will do anything after my experience with the fisheries people up in grand rapids the past 2 years.?? my attitude with the DNR has changed since then, and its not for the better.

however you did give me an idea, thanks Leech! ?  i happen to know one of the wardens in the area, i'll have to stop and talk to him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

well i did stop and talk to the warden. he was going to email the non-game people to see what they have to say!!!!!!!!

bugs werent real bad either up there. got back yesterday after a week. fishing was pretty good for the most part.  had some major wind and somehow a tree missed our shed and a steel bin. not sure how, but it fell between the 2 and there is like 6-8 feet that seperate them. lots of trees snapped off or are uprooted, 

the eagles seemed to have stuck around, as i did see an adult, and older one not yet fully colored and what appeared to be this years youngin sitting in the tree the nest was in.