• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Harvin hurt before the season begins

Dave S

This sure didn't take long. Seattle is going to have Percy get a second opinion to a hip injury. Suspect a tear in his hip. Wonder how he's been dealing with the pain? whistle

Good riddance!!!

Either he is really hurt and will be out for a while, or it is a convenient training camp injury that so many get these days to avoid camp, and then miraculously are healed about 3 days before the season opener. Either way, glad his is not on the Vikes roster. They can have him.

So how did he pass his physical for the trade? If he did it between then and now, they should cut him... What a head case!

Sounded like its a new injury. Possibly from one of the mini camps or from normal off season work outs.

Not sure why you think they should cut him because of the injury. Who in their right mind would trade a frist round pick plus 2 additional picks for a guy and then sign him to a long term contract with a decent amount of guaranteed money just to cut him before he plays a single game? And all of that just because of a seemingly routine injury.

Heard a report he might miss the entire season if he needs surgery but is seeking a second opinion?

Lets see his injury list is long and questionable with the Vikes, he has not the best work ethic (loved missing practices), does not play well with the coaches... he may be a top ten talent, but sheesh. I am not a guy who fawns over someone just because they have upside. This guy is a perennial thron in a teams A$Z! If this was his first injury, his first time he can't practice etc. I'd admit I am over blowing it...

If he hurt in a mini-camp, then I guess that is bad luck for Seattle. But reporting it the day of training camp opening up seems a bit questionable... and if he misses the whole season? Why pay for him. He will then have been out of football for one and half seasons. Do you really believe he will return at the same caliber? What's next? It blows they gave up a first round pick for him. Bully for the Vikes, they definitely got the better end of that deal!

Good Luck!

Ken

From this morning's Seattle Times:

Quote:
Harvin was limited during the team’s minicamp ­practices in June with what was described at the time as a hip-flexor injury. He also had issues with a right hip injury while playing with Minnesota in 2010, though it’s unclear if this injury is related to that one.

I may be saying cut him a little tongue in cheek, but there is definite writing on the wall with this guy... sometimes it's best to cut your losses. If it is indeed routine and he just needs some re-hab, so be it... if he misses the season... that's another story. but we all know he will be a SeaHawk net year.

Good Luck!

Ken

If the writing was on the wall the right course of action would have been not to trade for him in the first place. At this point the team has too much invested in him to simply cut him.

I get that NOfish... hence my last sentence... he will be a Seahawk next year.

As a business owner, reality tells 'me' to get rid of him. Even if I think I have too much invested in him. I get it this is the NFL and it is looked upon differently than decisions I have to make. and yes there was plenty writing on the wall... You're kidding yourself if you do not believe that. He is a perennial headache, and perennially hurt. He is a prima donna! His upside is now diminished immensely if this injury sidelines him any length of time. As I said, I do not believe he will be the 'Percy' they thought they were getting if he has to take a year off added on to his half year off last season. But the 25M guaranteed will spend all the same.

Good Luck!

Ken

Seattle can deal with this now...

I just want to see Patterson tear it up here so we can all forget Percy!!!

He will have more time to smoke weed and drink moonshine while sitting on the couch watching Dora the Explorer.

Man this sucks for the sea chickens. Not surprised with Harvin. Always loved his talent but its everything else I hated.

I second the head case diagnosis.

A simple brain transplant from Adrain Peterson would prove my theory and Harvin would be cured.

Some people show up for work others always have a way out. Some people overcome adversity and injury and others thrive on it.

You see it at work all the time your bosses may not see it but you do.

He is gone, no more excuses or wondering what would have happened if he showed up for work. This is the year ! ?

Another axiom of sports is that regardless of skill, some bodies are able to stand up to the pounding and some aren't. Knowing when and how to power through injuries is a very blurred line. Some players push it and look like heros, others (Sidney Rice) push it and get sent out of town by angry fans and media.

You can't paint Harvin's picture with a black and white brush. It's not that simple no matter how much you want it to be.

...and I'm not defending the guy, as I never liked him. I'm just combating the misnomer that athletes can push through every injury. That only works 100% of the time in fans' minds.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st
    • leech~~
      As I get older it's really not just about sending bullets down range.  Some of it's just the workmanship of the gun and the wow factor. The other two guns I have really wanted which I'll never have now because of their price, is a 8mm Jap Nambu and 9mm German Luger.   Just thought they always looked cool!  
    • jim curlee
      I had a guy hit me with a lightly used 1969 BAR, he wanted $1650 with an older Leupold scope. More than I think they are worth, I made an offer, he declined end of story.   You know if you look at the old brochures, a grade II BAR sold for $250 in the late 60s, $1650 would be a good return on your investment.    Why would anybody want a 50 year old gun, they are heavy, have wood stocks, and blued metal.  I guess mainly to keep their gun safes glued to the floor. lol   You can probably buy a stainless rifle that you never have to clean, with a synthetic stock you never have to refinish, is as light as a feather, and for half as much money, perfect.   I'm too old for a youth gun, although I've shrunk enough that it would probably fit. lol   No Ruger 10/44s.   Jim      

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.