• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

trade talk

B. Amish

morneau? probably.

perkins? possible.

carroll, doumit, someone else in the bullpen, pelfrey? could happen.

If they can make a trade for Justin, I would try and get something for him. I do not see him staying with the Twins next year anyways.

I would also think Detroit may be interested in Perkin's but we need to get something for Glen. If they are going to make a run, an extra bullpen reliefer would help them I am sure.

I think the chance of Justin staying is slim to none we really need to trade him would be tough to trade glen but he is our best trade bait right now.

Justin is going was talk of him going to the Yankees for Joba Chamberlain and Hughes.

Perkins has interest with Tigers and Boston.

I would try and trade him out of the division but might not happen.

Justin is going was talk of him going to the Yankees for Joba Chamberlain and Hughes.

Ha. Never happen. We need prospects. Don't know about Joba but Hughes is a FA at the end of the year like Morneau. Don't expect to get too much for him. He's hitting .270 with 7 HR's. RBI's are decent at 52. I say trade Morneau, Plouffe to 1B next year and Sano at 3B. Right handed power in our park is what we need. We know lefties can't homer in our park, at least the Twins lefties can't.

Morneau is gone for sure. He's 32 with declining abilities and he's expensive. That combination doesn't fit into what the twins have been doing during their supposed rebuilding process. I wouldn't expect to get much for Morneau, highly doubt it will be a major league player or even someone who is ready to move into the majors.

Perkins will probably bring the best in return but I don't like the idea of trading him. I guess it will depend on what the twins think their prospects are for the next couple years. If they trade him its likely a sign that they expect to be toward the bottom of the division for at least another year or two. If they keep him it may be a sign they think they are closer to turning things around. If we do trade him who do we replace him with? I don't think we have anyone that would be an obvious replacement. Burton would probably finish out the year as the closer but not sure what the long term prospects would be for a closer.

they gotta wait to trade morneau until after his bobble head day... friday? bad karma to trade someone before a bobble head promotion.

hard to say what to do with perk. value is obviously high. team friendly contract. will still be under contract when twins would be expected to compete again.

but, i'm in the camp that believes closers are over rated and new ones emerge every season.

all depends on the offers that we unfortunately don't get to see.

Very unlikely that any team would be willing to part with anything more than a throwaway prospect for a Morneau.

My guess is he stays and signs a 1 to 2 year deal for cheap with Twins. That has to happen or my wife will be devastated that her favorite player is no longer a Twin

I really like perkins but he is their strongest trade bait and teams that lose 90 games have limited need for a closer. cant imagine morneau can generate much at this point. he may have become best twin ever or close to it had he had good health.

• 3 weeks later...

Be foolish to trade Perk, or ANY of the bullpen guys. I really hope we hang on to Morneau, but for a lot less money. He's still a great first baseman and a good RBI guy, even when he's not hitting any homeruns.

morneau with some nice power these last few weeks. gotta think some teams are watching him close. a power hitting morneau could make a nice addition to a team in contention...

carroll was traded to the royals.

For the proverbial "player to be named later, or cash considerations".

I wish him the best of luck, he was one of those players who gave you everything he had, all the time. Doubt if his not being there will be a downgrade to the team, but I'll miss him.

Morneau put on waivers huh? We will see how/if this transpires.

That move makes him still trade available again.

Carroll was an ok utility guy, basically a Punto minus being the teachers pet. Very replaceable but wish him well.

I would love to see the Twins go after a staring pitcher.

I do not see them doing anything as the attendence this season has not dropped that bad from the last 2 seasons so I would assume the Pohland's will make more money the way they fielded a losing team.

Same stuff next season as long as people attend games and they can make money do exactly what they have for the past 3 seasons.

They know they can milk the season ticket holders one more year. I bet there is a good percentage that are hanging on to their seats through next year for the chance to buy all star game tickets before they go on sale to the public.

Watch ticket sales fall off the cliff after next season.

It all depends on Gardy's future. A new manager brings hope. I like the upswing on alot of these young guys. But they will do nothing if Gardy remains the manager!

Yeah they said if you want the All star tickets and your a ticket holder you needed to get the season tickets to get allstar tickets.

Yeah they said if you want the All star tickets and your a ticket holder you needed to get the season tickets to get allstar tickets.

That's the main reason we're hanging onto ours. It's getting harder and harder to watch the games.

BTW, they lost again today 6-1, going 0-for-10 with runners in scoring position. They've combined to hit just .122 (6-for-49) with runners in scoring position in their last four games. Not sure you can blame Gardy for that?

• 2 weeks later...