• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Savage Brewer

Frabil Min-O2-Life buckets

Question

Savage Brewer

Anyone have any experience with the Frabil aerated bait buckets?

I now need to transport my bait a bit further and trying to minimize how many wind up dead before I even get to the ramp.

Wondering if any of you have used one, and your thoughts.

13 answers to this question

Brad B

If you are asking about the 5 gallon pail one that has the aerator in it. "DO NOT BUY IT" they have had many issues with the air pump going bad. If you really want the 5 gallon one I would wait until next year.

Savage Brewer

I was looking at any of them to be honest. Just trying to find a way that my bait has a better chance of making it. Sucks to get a couple dozen shiners, and wind up with 50% of them dead before you can even get on the water.

Rick G

I'm with Brad on this, they are not very good for the price 2c

I use a small aerator called Quiet Bubbles in a large foam bucket, if the water is kept cool the minnows will last a long time this way.

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Back in the day my dad used a funnel attached to some rubber hose that he would fit into the partially open window. No batteries required. I guess I know where I get my ingenuity from smile

island guy

Put the bag of minnows on ice in a cooler. Lasts a long time.

DTro

SpecialK

I used to have one of the clip on aerators made by frabil but left the batteries in for a couple of years which corroded and ruined it. It was ok but I am not sure if it kept the minnows alive any longer than normal.

Don't they make an O2 pellet that you can drop in a bait bucket to keep the water oxygenated? I know there was a puck style one as well. Keeping them cool is the most important tho.

TyGuy02

I picked up one with the clip on aerator, same bucket but different lid. It works great and it's quiet. The aerator was the yellow/white one and doesn't have the D/C port which I wish it had at times

Rick G

Watch Darren's video if you want an honest review!

magnum mike

The rectangular containers with the air pump are great. They are insulated and have a gasket on the lid to prevent leaks. They are around 50 clams but well worth it. I use mine year round.

Savage Brewer

I picked one up last week. I will still use the flow troll for when I am in the boat, but giving the bait a fighting chance of not dying before I get to the lake.

Might be handy for minnows when ice fishing also. dont know yet.

DTro

Which one did you buy?

Savage Brewer

It is a white bucket, roughly 4 gallons in size with a foam insert and a yellow lid (the lid is not insulated).

Came with a beige air pump, but I picked up a grey pump with lights that came with a cigarette plug adapter. And I also have a 110 volt air pump that I can use overnight if I am picking up bait the night before.