• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Place to park for island camping Kab

I was wondering if anyone can tell me a good place to park and launch a boat for overnight camping.

Either the Kabetogama Visitors Center 218-875-2111 of Ash River Visitors Center 218-374-3221...

If you're thinking of this weekend, it's probably already way too late to get a campsite.

One would think so, but I was surprised to see a few open campsites around the 4th last year. I wouldn't be afraid to come up, but having a plan b would be advisable.

Going to get there on the 12th at 5am hopefully I can find something. I have a 17 ft bass tracker that makes 3 to 4 footers look like the deadliest catch so hopefully it all will work out. Of course the adventure is half the fun. The visitor center was real helpful thanks for the number.

Let us know how it goes. We got there on a Tuesday evening about 7 PM and drove to several site before we found one open. Next time I'm going on a Monday, or maybe Sunday.

Have a great time!

Just remember if its getting late in the day you can set up camp and look for an official site the next day......have done that b4 on a busy weekend couldnt find a site till sunday afternoon.P.s.called the visitor center they told us that u can camp but you still have to follow the camping guide lines..........Have fun hope u get some fish!c63