• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Any Little Boy/Wabedo Reports?

Cobra

I have friends up for a few days and I'm wondering if someone would share some recent experiences or tips?

highlife4me

I spent the last week at Little Boy Resort. The fishing was ok. Most of the eyes I caught were from trolling the shorelines in less than 10'. The bass were hit or miss depending on the day but the northerns were always willing to bite. I didn't spend much time fishing for panfish but saw quite a few in the fish cleaning house at the resort and most of them were full of the black spots.

Cobra

Thanks for the feedback!

The nescus black dots are harmless...

What did you use when you trolled for eyes and northerns?

highlife4me

Ya, I know the black spots are harmless but the wife won't eat them. She said she doesn't like that much pepper on her fish. crazy Most of the bigger eyes were caught trolling the shoreline with a spinner rig tipped with a leech. The area between the island all the way to Little Poderosa was good to us. I spent a couple evenings working the humps on Little Boy and caught a few eyes but they were on the smaller side. The northerns would bite on what ever I used [the rock bass were the same too].

Cobra

Thanks!

If you get out again let me know how you do. I hope to get my "honey-do's" done before the snow flies!

Cobra

Panfish have been kind of slow with sunnies on the shallow breaks. Haven't heard much else...

MattL

I met up with my family at Little Boy Resort for the week. This was our first time on the lake, but won't be the last. My dad and I caught some fish and the kids had fun at the resort. We found 2 different walleye bites and some nice bluegills as well as several good smallies.

We started out the first night trolling shoreline breaks, but after sliding out to deeper water we found a thermocline and alot of baitfish. After seeing that, I decided we needed to pull out the leadcore rods and got the first walleye within 15 minutes pulling 3 colors and a #5 shad rap about 18' down over 32' of water - thermocline was at about 20'.

The open water trolling was sort of hit or miss until we found a small rockpile not much bigger than the boat holding a lot of walleyes and topping out around 14'. We did well rigging leeches and slip bobber fishing when we had kids along. One of my nephews had never caught a walleye before, but caught 5 that evening. We found a few other rocky points and humps holding fish, where others were relatively lifeless.

The best fish of the week was about 28". Also caught a 24" and my dad got a 23". In addition to that my dad caught 4 smallmouth over 18", up to 19.5" and some other smaller ones. When we had the kiddos out we found nice 8-10" bluegills in 8-10' along weedy breaklines and points - walleyes were also within casting distance as the 24" below was caught on a slip bobber that I threw out a little deeper while I was baiting hooks and unhooking sunfish.

full-22671-35896-imag0737_1.jpg

full-22671-35897-imag0749_1.jpg

All walleyes over 20" were released.

Here is one of the better smallies my dad caught...

full-22671-35901-imag0741.jpg

blue_healer_guy

i dont know about the thermocline bit, but nice pics and info.

Cobra

Matt,

It's awesome you got the kids and your dad into the action! Thanks for the report....

Was the small rock pile on the east side? Well kind of SE

NC2

Nice report. Glad to see the bigger fish were released. I'm amazed at the pressure LB gets throughout the year. Too many people keeping big smallies for my liking, but then again that is just my opinion. Glad you enjoyed the vacation.

Cobra

I was in the water doing some maintenance yesterday. The water is cooling but was still comfortable... Was cool last night and I know the water temps must be dropping fast... Didn't want to wait any longer or I might get linkage shrinkage jumping in the water without waders!

Cobra

Gotta be some reports out there!

JRnation

I was out on Wabedo this weekend without much success. My Dad and I only fished a few hours in the evening on Saturday. Sunday we fished a little more and were only able to catch a few northerns while trying for walleye. I even tried to do a little panfishing but only caught a few bass. We started fishing this lake probably 2-3 years ago and I have yet to have much luck. Look forward to fishing it some more in the future to hopefully figure the lake out as I have not put in the time required to get too frustrated. Our group has gotten a few muskies over the last year but that is about it.

A buddy and I will be up for 3 days in a few weeks, hopefully we will find a few eyes. Most of my time this weekend was spent fishing the North shoreline and a few small rock piles on the north side of the lake.

Cobra

JR,

I assume you are referring to the bay with the island....

I was out a couple hours last night... A couple medium perch. A small northern and not much else. Didn't try smallies. I fished the middle section. There were some bigger fish surfacing in skinny water in the reeds.it would have taken topwater bait to fish them and it was getting dark. I might try the north end or LB before I put the boat away.

WabedoCabin

Is anyone ice fishing Wabedo or Little Boy yet? Headed to Wabedo Cabin for Thanksgiving and wondering whether to pack the fishing gear. Reports appreciated, thanks in advance.

JoeTC

Little boy is a late freezing lake and was mostly open as of Saturday along with much of wabedo. I wouldn't count on being able to get out on either this coming weekend beyond some I the smaller bays. There are countless smaller lakes in the area however that I've been on even when little boy is wide open.

Joe

WabedoCabin

Joe, thanks for the report -- without the fishing gear, there may be room for the turkey!