• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Did I Over React - Part 2

deerminator

The other post inspired me. Tonight, was eating dinner watching the lake and my wife goes "those tubers have been waiting to get picked up for awhile now" I went and got the binoculars and realize its six guys in a swamped "boat" in the middle of the lake, which is out there and deep. Soooo, I yell to them "do you need help?" No response. So I walk down to the lift and lower the boat down and slowly motor out. They acted like I was a complete silly-me and said, "no worries, we've done this before." ONE of them was wearing a life vest and they had apparently done this on purpose. The wood boat was a tiny homemade job that should have held two to three people max. It was almost smaller than a canoe. After I left, and after they had drifted for some time toward shore, one of the lifeguards from the local county park went out to lecture them from what I could tell. So I guess if you see a bunch of guys with no life vests for the most part out there in a swamped boat, clinging onto it from now on, stop to think if it could just be having a good time!

Funny! But did you over react? NOPE. You did the right thing checking to make sure the goofs were ok and didnt need help.

Next time throw the smart alec one your anchor and tell him to hold it while you go get them some more beer. grin