• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

If you were my GPS, where would you be?

NotoriousBLM

Question

OK, I've been looking all week for the thing and can't find it. We're heading up to URL tomorrow. I've searched my truck, my boat, all my jackets/coats. I've checked my shop where I keep all(at least I thought all) of my gear. No luck, even after checking and rechecking several times...

17 answers to this question

I missplaced mine last weekend, I found it the other day in the liner for a pair of boots.

Right where you left me! grin.gif

Could not resist!
I hope it show up soon!

------------------
Try Too Fish
Forced Too Work!!:)

Lost mine too!
Fishing the MN river you don't really need it so it got moved here then there then over here.
I just gave up looking.It popped up yesterday in an old duffel I was using for ice fishing last season. smile.gif

Next time you put it away write down the coordinates and put them in your wallet.Just kidding I think.Check under the seat in your vehicle you would be surprised how many things end up under there.

LOL, Me and Try Too Fish must think alike. tongue.gif

I was in the same boat as you. Last weekend I lost my DVD's (about 10 of them). Later the next week, after I went home, my dad calls and tells me they were in my grandpa's truck. The truck we drove out to the lake each day to go fishing for 4 days straight rolleyes.gif LOL Maybe my mind was to concerated on fishing to look for them in the truck. grin.gif

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

Alright, its getting late. Time for bed. No GPS, so I'll just have to look for those monster breaks with my Vex. Its in one of my bathrooms getting charged up. This I know for sure... Will give a URL report on Sunday. Might even let everyone who doesn't know what clamping is when I get back. Not sure if I want to know, but given the crew I'm going with, I'm sure we'll figure it out....

Tight lines, and if you're on Red this weekend, we'll be at WW doing the URL scene.

hmmm...

mine is on the way to one of my deer stands..it has been dearly departed for 1 year now...

wish they could program those things to walk back home =)

tim

[This message has been edited by innate123 (edited 01-09-2004).]

I lost my Magellan once found it at the bottom of my console in my Explorer...
Ironic: you buy them to not get lost and they get lost all on their own...

------------------
Hook Em Good!!!!!!!

S.D. Ice Angular;
NRA, DU, NWTF,
Varmint Hunter
& NAHC Life Member

Hey guys, found my GPS!

As I was getting my stuff ready for a 3 day trip to IA to start the open water season off, I found it!

It was in the mesh side pocket of my tackle bag. I had looked in my tackle bag several times looking for it, but couldn't find it.

My wife has always said I could never find anything, even if it was right in front of my face smile.gif

Take Care

See you need to look in the last place you had it tongue.gif When I need something I start looking for something else and the first thing just shows up. Or I ask the wife where it is and stay sitting on my arse. Glad you found it.

Glad you found it. I was going to guess it was at S77.84869 W166.67915

Notorious,

Can you come look for my dog collar remote. Lost it during pheasant season in about 4 foot tall grass. Searched for 3 days with a metal detector & everything. You seem lucky. grin.gif

Think they should put a pager on the things. Or I should have had the lanyard on maybe! frown.gif

------------------
Takin it easy! & if it’s easy, I’ll take it twice!

Notorious

Are you sure this is not an April Fools joke that you found the GPS. smile.gif

sandman,

I should send my dad your way. Talk about luck? I've seen him find his contact lense that fell out on the way back to the hunting shack one night after dark in a plowed field!!! Thats the kind of luck you're going to need to find that remote.

I agree with rmh20 to look under your seat. I lost mine for about a week last winter and I somebody stole out of my console, while my truck was being washed. Actually, it was underneath the drivers seat. Probably fell off the dash.

I think the remote took enough of a toll on my back. I hope the batteries exploded and the acid ate the thing from the inside out. That'll teach it to hide from me! grin.gif

------------------
Takin it easy! & if it’s easy, I’ll take it twice!