• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ARMAN-21

Best map chip for Lake of the Woods

ARMAN-21

I’m sure this question has been asked before, but I’ll ask it again.

I’m heading up to Lake of the Woods at the end of July for a week of Musky fishing and I currently own a LCX 37c and LCX 112c, and both units have the most recent updates available for them. I know I can run the Navionics Premium N, which will have the lake on it, as once you cross the US/Canadian line it turns into a basic looking map. I’ll be up on Sabaskong Bay and we will not be fishing the US side at all while up there. My question is what I the best map chip I can run in my units to give me the best detail? I know Lake Master stopped making chips for my units back in 2010-2011 depending on the chip run date.

Any information or helpful tips would be great and thank you for your time.

Scott

Shorelunch

I BELIEVE the Lakemaster Lowrance version Woods/Rainy version 2.0 will work in your LCX. I would go on their website, find their number and give them a call to confirm. Then, you'll have to do a search on the web and try and find one.

jerkbait

Probably going to have to look for a used lakemaster chip.

MN Mike

I've got a Navionics Lake of the Woods +2k chip I ran in my Lowrance GlobalMap 3300 some time ago, now I use it in my Humminbird 798c, the data is from 2007 or so but it's right there in detail with my more current versions of Lakemaster and in some areas, it's even better. Coverage area on this chip was N Dakota, Northern Minnesota, into Ontario and Manitoba.

The chip has been discontinued for some years now but you can find them online on some of the popular classified sites for about $50

Mike

ARMAN-21

Thanks guys!

KirtH

Look at the new Navionics + you select the area you want and download it to the chip, its 2gb max allows it to be used in older units. I borrowed my Navionics Platinum chip to a friend and he loved it, it was highly accurate, plus you get free updates for a year, high def Sonar Charts and updates.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• FishandFowl
      Have not been here in sometime. Thought this would be a good opportunity to get back on here. Got out for the C season, arriving just before sunrise  and the birds were already on the ground. Started with an aggressive calling sequence "Purr into a loud Yelp" there were birds North and West of my location responding. This guy decided to take a look about 30 minutes later. He got within 5 feet of my blind full strut. Something I have never heard before he started to hiss at the decoy.  Not a great shot at that range but sealed the deal.   
    • Wakemup
      Very nice! I was kicking myself real hard this weekend for forgetting my fish finder at home. I did manage to bring this smallie in, but they were tough to pattern for me and this was the only noteworthy fish of the weekend. Hope the water temps come up and I can get back next weekend!
    • Wakemup
      Nice boat Raven! I think I saw you out buzzing around in Wakemup this weekend!
    • Borch
      I got out on the Cass Lake chain this weekend with a group of 10.  We found walleyes still hanging out shallow and scattered.   Jigging with shiners or gulp in 4-10 fow got several walleyes in the livewell.  With the heavy wind we also had a good daytime crank bite.  In the evening trolling cranks was productive as well.  Saturday morning I stuck a 43" musky trolling for eyes. Not a great photo but I was fishing by myself and wanted to get it released quickly. Panfish were hard to pin down with them bouncing shallow and then disappearing with each weather change.  With wind gusting to 25+ miles per hour finesse presentations were difficult. Water temps ranged from 53-60 degrees.
    • Knowknot
      I have to agree, always enjoy your videos Curt. Fun to see what is happening even from the southern part of the state...Keep em coming...
    • CigarGuy
      Chad, was that on the West end?  My turn to follow you around 😀. I'll be back up Thursday night!!
    • TomWehler
      Swim 9 am this morning.  No idea on temp but Major Shrinkage.  Coolimoolio! keep on rocken!   T  
    • pikeandchester
      Spent a couple hours on German. Slow fishing, just a couple small sunnies, the boy and I where happy to be out though.  Water temperature ranged from mid 60s to mid 70s. No fresh vegetation and dirty water. Must still be running a bit behind despite the warm weather.
    • Raven77
      Got to get the first fish guts on it yesterday!
    • Raven77
      Interesting. So the sows are still in shallow? We fished 10-24' the past 3 days and have done well with a lot of 14-18" eyes using Lindy rigs and rainbows.