• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
gp13581

Top Bass Lake- What's yours?

gp13581

If you were going bass fishing near Detroit Lakes, where you go? Let's see what people think. List 2 for numbers and 2 for size.

BrianLucky13

Numbers-every lake

Size-Big Detroit, Sallie and Pelican

paceman

Yep number can be caught in just about any area lake.

Size - a couple of the radar would be Long (by airport) and Big Floyd.

Cicada

Numbers: Lake Six and Lake Seven

Size: Big Detroit and Big Lida

RK

Numbers, honestly have to agree with the others here. Most of the lakes in the area have good populations. Can't think of too many where you *couldn't* have a 40 fish day if you put your mind to it.

Size... You'd have to waterboard me to get me to give specifics. smile

I will say this though. You can almost say 'any lake' for this as well. The average size on most of the lakes in the area is exceptional compared to what you can catch most other places. The numbers of 15-18" fish are remarkable. I've fished the area with guys from "bass country" in the southern US, and they're bug-eyed at the number of quality fish. Most of the lakes on the river whether it's Big D, Sallie, Melissa, Lizzie, etc., all have quality fish.

bcifish

Numbers and size the Big C.

Numbers - Little D

Size - Middle Floyd connected to Big Floyd (some call it Mud Lake)

quietcranker
Numbers and size the Big C.
X2 On Big C. I don't know about big lida ? But lida lake near Pelican rapids is # 2 ..... I'm talkin smallies ....

broodwich

I know it's a simple question but I can't give a simple answer. I have favorite lakes for seperate reasons. I break down every lake differently since each fish differently. For example I'm a fan of slop fishing so I tend to look for lakes with lots of thick cover. If I'm not in a slop mood I'll look for a lake with a deeper weedline, somedays I feel like dock fishing so I look for the well developed lakes. Then there is flooded timber, rocks, etc.... A big reason why I love the area is because there is so many choices. I know I made this more complicated but thats the fishermans culture to complicate an easy answer. I will answer the question though: If I had a whole weekend to dedicate to fishing (I have small children so time is usaully an issue} I would travel to Leech or Mille Lacs and I wouldn't target smallies on ML either. I'll just say this I was a hardcore muskie fisherman until I stumbled on the bucketmouths of ML, got me hooked on bass fishing. As for 2 in the DL area it would be Franklin and Buffalo. Is it crazy that it took me a half an hour to answer that....