• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
JoeMX1825

Water Levels on the Chain?

JoeMX1825

Looking at the water levels , it appears the Sauk is still rising, can anyone who's recently been on the chain or Horseshoe Don who lives on the chain, reply what you're seeing in terms of water levels...This brings up nightmares of a few years ago when the Chain raised several feet in a few days and floated docks away...

Reel_Magic

I live on the chain and the water looks to be at least 6-8" higher than it was last week before the storms started. And yes pieces on docks are starting to float, and I imagine some boats are floating off lifts at this point as well. It came up last night maybe a inch or so but from Sunday to Monday it came up 5-6inch overnight. Hopefully we don't get any more down pours or were going to be in no wake territory..... eek

Horseshoe_Don

yes up about 6-10" but is was down a little before all of the rain. Boat lifts should be fine, except for the people who never adjust their dock. Its up about 12-18" since ice out.

Don

Horseshoe_Don

I am back at the cabin and it is worse than I thought. Water is up about 2 feet and the waves are going over my banks. Many docks under water. It is about 16" below the flood in july 2 years ago.

Don

Rick G

Wow, that doesn't sound good.... thanks for the update Don.

JeremyCampbell

Same report in st Joe lakes.Took the boat out and most of the docks were floded over.

Jared_P

Same report in st Joe lakes.Took the boat out and most of the docks were floded over.

X2...Most of the lakes I have hit are the same...

JP

JoeMX1825

just got back from the Chain this weekend, i put a stake on the shoreline at water level on Friday morning and as of last night, and due to a torrential 5 minute downpour on Saturday the water was UP another inch or so. We need a solid week of no rain for things to calm down and get into a more manageable situation in terms of docks under water, etc..

So far the weather outlook looks good, but being a holiday week we'll get alot of clueless pleasure boats drivers who will fly through the no-wake zones and eat even more shoreline...hopefully the water patrol eanrs their paychecks this week.

mojoputter

I have a bass tourney up their on the 13th, so I went to do a little prefishing. This is my first time on the chain, so we went to the north launch. That launch was under water for the most part, so we went to the launch on Cedar Island which was alot better. Feel sorry for yo folks with cabins or houses out there. Thay need to have the no wake zones on most parts of the chain. By the way, the fishing sucked, not sure if the high water had anything to do with it or not, but we didn't find to many bass.

KJMinion

Does anyone know how to find out if they put no wake restrictions on the chain other than checking at the public access? Since my boat is already on the lift at the lake, I won't be using any of the the public accesses anytime soon and it would be nice to know without having to drive to the access everyday just to check.

Is there a website that posts it if they put a no wake restriction on the chain?

JoeMX1825

The last time there was a lake wide no wake zone it was posted on this website - http://www.co.stearns.mn.us/

KJMinion

The last time there was a lake wide no wake zone it was posted on this website - http://www.co.stearns.mn.us/

Thanks Skeeter!

Horseshoe_Don

I do not know of any at this time but there should be. My shoreline is taking a beating. Anyone know where you can get a torpedo to sink ski boats(just kidding).

Don

JoeMX1825

I'm guessing the chain has to hit the 6' "Flood Stage" for the no wake zone to go into effect, that means the water must go up another 6 or so inches. With the stretch of sunny days and no rain, the water levels should start to drop soon... hopefully

JoeMX1825

lake levels are dropping pretty fast now, still about a foot or so to go before things are back to normal..

mojoputter

Is the access by Richmond useable, we were there a week ago and it was pretty flooded, couldn't put the boat in.

JoeMX1825

yes it's fine, there's only a small portion that was still a little muddy, we pulled a boat out no problem..