• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Plans this Fall???

Scoot

Everyone's plans for the Fall should be coming together or locked in by this point, I'd guess. What's everyone have on the schedule for bowhunting this year?

I drew a MN bear tag, so that should be a hoot- I've never chased bears before. I'll hunt whitetails in MN, as I always do too. My ND hunting might be messed up this year- I plan on moving to MN in the next few months, so getting an any deer archery tag won't happen for me once I move (I called the G&F and my license is invalidated the day I move). I'm sure I'll buy a whitetail tag OTC, but it'll be tougher to use it as much as I'd like to once I make the move. I also won't be able to hunt muleys this year either- bummer. I've got another trip that I'm trying to work out, but details are still a little fuzzy.

What stick and string hunts does everyone have planned for this coming Fall?

Sounds like you've got a fun fall to look forward to, Scoot! I can't wait to read about your adventures.

I'll be heading out to Wyoming with an elk tag in my pocket. My dad and I will be doing a backpack hunt on a general tag. I am really looking forward to it. It's taking a lot more planning and preparation than I thought, but I think we're in good shape to put ourselves into elk. After that I'm hoping to do one of the metro deer hunts in the area with my bow. Maybe I'll even try to get revenge on one of the turkeys that gave me the slip this spring. I'll cap of the year with my annual canoe-in whitetail hunt, but that will be with a rifle.

Anybody else??

A dozen of us are going on a guided Montana antelope hunt. Archerysniper will be part of the group, looking fwd to hunting with him.

My annual Black Hills combo is a given. Deer and turkey here in the metro, probably going to have to pass on Wisconsin this year with the added expense of Montana.

I was just thinking about my fall the other day when I was sitting in the boat. No big trips, but I still don't know how I'll have time for it all! I will be spending a bunch of time in Western ND trying to get that first mule deer under my belt. My Minnesota hunting will be limited to the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

In addition to that, I will still be out here in North Dakota enjoying the spectacular walleye fishing and experiencing some of the upland and waterfowl hunting that I've been looking forward to since I moved out here a few months ago.

A dozen of us are going on a guided Montana antelope hunt. Archerysniper will be part of the group, looking fwd to hunting with him.

That should be a great time! I wish I was going with. Have a great trip, takes tons of pics, and share with those of us who aren't able to go (please)!

I plan on going to South Dakota mid October to hunt east river whitetails.

Minnesota before and after.

The excitement is already building.

ND for ducks with my two older boys over MEA. Then bowhunting MN till gun season, then it's off to Iowa for a week in mid-November. Should be a fun fall.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I will be deer hunting around home and up at the cabin on the north shore with the crossbow. Hope to get after grouse and ducks a few times. Maybe hunt camp ripley if I get drawn. Seeing I will be in college again this fall I will not be able to take a week off to go rifle

hunting with my family at the cabin.

Bear, then bear, then bear again then bear some more, then if things workout I might get a bear hunt in in between hunt bear an bear hunting.

I am starting with MN bear again this year. MN deer with a metro hunt sometime during the season if I can get in. I will also get a fall turkey tag. And close out the "archery" season with some east river SD action.

I would like to apply for an Iowa archery license but I can draw a gun tag nearly every year instead of every second or third year with archery.

Plenty of gun hunts scheduled as well to the point that I am not doing one of my annual rifle hunts out west.

I'm starting out the fall with a mule deer hunt in Colorado I finally drew! One thing I need to decide is should I pick up an OTC elk tag while I'm out there or just focus on the mulies. Very pumped about this hunt.

Then when I get back I'll hunt deer here in Minnesota. The best would be if I can get some deer in close while I have my 6 and 4 year old boys with me in the blind. I'll put in for Ripley too, see if that works out. Maybe somewhere in the middle of that I can fish walleye in October, I still have never been in a boat fishing in October! Then rifle hunt deer with my extended family at our deer camp. Should be a great fall!

Good luck everyone!

Most definitely deer in MN with the bow. Ive my private land spot in Princeton with some nice bucks around, but I'm most excited about getting my daughter her first deer.

I will most certainly be hunting some metro management hunts too.

I'm considering making the trip to Nebraska or Missouri for the fall since I've never hunted whitetails out of state. Toss in a chance at a fall turkey and it could be a lot of fun.

MN deer and fall turkey. Also some ducks at Red lake with grouse hunts mixed in.

WI bow deer and NE deer bow hunt. Might make a trip to ND for another bow hunt have not finalized that yet.

Early season bow for deer here in Minnesota, beginning October up to Saskatchewan to chase snow devils, back for more bow, rifle for deer, then late season bow. Can't wait. BC

Mn and ND for archery and Mn and hopefully ND for gun if I draw a tag for ND. ML in Mn also in a bonus zone like 601.

My oldest granddaughter will hunt deer with a gun for the 1st time ever this fall.

I will be doing alot of scouting for her and my fall will only be a success if she can harvest her 1st deer. If she can harvest a deer, it will be better than any hunt I have ever been on.

Scoot, the bear hunt will be a rush. I have taken one with bow and gun and it is a rush with the bow.

Good luck on your bear hunt.

Flying out to AZ around Labor Day to hunt Mule Deer w/my brother. They have a cabin in a pretty good spot, and it's our first year hunting there. We're pretty excited, lots of planning! Then I bowhunt whitetails in MN. The rest is rifle, can't wait!

Nothing special, didn't draw a bear tag. So I'm staying around home and trying to put a P&Y down with the long bow. If I accomplish that early then I might do some late season musky action.

Wife and I are going to pursue whitetails and turkeys around our home area this fall.

We are spending most of our time and money wink this fall preparing and paying for one of our daughters getting married.

Kind of limits the time and budget this year, but worth every once and dime.

She found an awesome guy and can't wait.

Planing on hunting a couple of days per week with bow, fortunatly may be splitting time in the stand with the wife again this year. hopefully hunting Ripley and then hunting the metro in Dec agian, all with bow. As well as spend 4-5 days at deer camp with the Father and crew for rifle season.

The rest of the time not in stand will probably be spent reading and living vicarously through Scoot's adventures.