• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lake washington rocks?

hi looked on the maps and cant find the rocks. i only care about not hitting them can anyone tell me were the hazards are. i want to take my mother there this weekend. she used to fish it years ago with her dad and i thought i could take her but i've heard there are lots of prop killers out there thanks.

5' hump in the middle is a rick pile. Water levels would have to be down quite a bit to catch a prop on it unless you have a really BIG boat.

Most either anchor near it or just float over it when targeting eyes. Good luck.

I'm not sure if there are any hazards on the west side of the lake, but I am familiar with the area I marked in red. whistle

full-593-34406-washingtonrocks.jpg

That red section should stretch all the way over to the east shore. Very shallow and a gravel bottom

Yes, you need to be careful in that entire area. It is tricky but you can troll between those points without hitting anything. Getting in there is the key and I approach it from the south on the Sportsman's Point side. When I had my issue with the rocks I was coming along the shoreline from the west heading towards that red zone. Didn't know the lake at the time and was in the shallow rocks before I knew it...and I was just idling along. Bent up the aluminum prop. Live and learn.

• 4 months later...

The southwest corner, I've hit my prop on rocks and the south central bay, near the access there are a couple huge rocks about a foot under the surface, and then there are a couple near stony point that are in shallow water