• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waiting Since November 2010...

Fishfanatic

Hi Everyone,

I'm just curious if anyone has ever had to wait almost 3 years to get their whitetail mount back from a taxidermist?

I called several times, seem like he pushes my name down the list every time I do it. He promised 1 year or less.

I'm looking for your opinion, what would you do?

Fishfanatic

Absolutely no way it should take that long. I would ask to see where it’s at in the process.

If he hasn’t even started it yet, ask for the antlers, hide and your deposit back. Take it to someone else.

If it’s mounted and just needs the finish work done, I’d give him a week to have it ready for you.

That’s more than enough time.

Absolutely no way it should take that long. I would ask to see where it’s at in the process.

If he hasn’t even started it yet, ask for the antlers, hide and your deposit back. Take it to someone else.

+1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Hi Everyone,

I'm just curious if anyone has ever had to wait almost 3 years to get their whitetail mount back from a taxidermist?

I called several times, seem like he pushes my name down the list every time I do it. He promised 1 year or less.

I'm looking for your opinion, what would you do?

Fishfanatic

That is just bad service! I had two done by two different guys and nether took more then half a year! I think he may have screwed up the cape and is trying to find another or something? eek Get ahold of this guy in Andover. World Class Taxidermy by Mike Pendzimas

Unacceptable. Pay him a visit and see what the delay is about. I'd take my business elsewhere in the future without a doubt.

I'd call and tell him you are stopping by in exactly one week. He either needs to meet you at the door with your mount, or with your antlers, cape, and deposit. The two I've had done in the last couple years took about 4-5 months. 2 1/2 years is not acceptable.

I'm guessing he/she's not a sponsor, so you can't name names, but could you tell me that it's not the guy in the west metro with the place on the south side of hwy 7 near St. Boni?

Just so your Clear, I lived in Bemidji at the time,

So I gave my buck to my brother in Brainerd. He, in turn,

brought it to a Taxidermist there.

Since then, I have moved to Waconia, and my deer head is still in

Brainerd, which is why I have called him and not stopped by.

I will be going up there next weekend. I'll stop by then

Fishfanatic

I'm guessing he/she's not a sponsor, so you can't name names, but could you tell me that it's not the guy in the west metro with the place on the south side of hwy 7 near St. Boni?

I have three mounts from there, and would say that there is no way it is.

I would pick the thing up no matter what condition it was in. What a Dbag.

There is a guy in Lester Prairie, only about 20 mins from Waconia. He does real good work and has quick turn around. I got both of mine back within 5 months. Think he is $350.

Make an unannounced visit to his shop. While you are there, ask him to see you rack/skull to make sure he still has it. Also ask him about the cape and whether its been tanned or not. If he cannot produce both you are probably in trouble.

I've had 5 or 6 mounts from this guy and all have turned out great! And exactly within the time frame quoted.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...