• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

skip across

So my roommate and I went out fishing on roberts lake last evening, and found some sunfish in the shallows on the NE corner of the lake. As we were fishing a weed-cutting boat started cutting weeds and made a pass less than 50 feet away from the boat. Needless to say the huge amount of churning water terminated our fishing spot mad. As we were motoring out of the spot the guy running the boat told us to get out of his way. At this point, slightly peeved, I explained to him that we were leaving because he scared all the fish away and we were moving to a new spot. After shutting off his machine, and swearing at us profusely for being in HIS way, I will not be giving anyone my reccomendations on using J & B weed cutting

Rubber Ducky

I feel your pain, it seems that the lake is setup for water skiing and tubing now. Not only do they cut the weeds they sprayed it three times already with chemicals that say don't eat the fish for seven days. Thank god there are two resorts that only care about how the weeds are in the lake.

JosMN

What time? I was out there with my daughter lastnight, didnt notice them where I was fishing. I was in an area the weeds were out 80 yards from shore, north end. Once the water warms up on Roberds, it is always overtaken by recreational boating.

skip across

In the bay north of where u were fishing josh pretty sure I saw u net what I am assuming was a white bass along that weed line next to the cliff as that is what we caught over there

JosMN

only thing I net is walleyes. smile red boat?

skip across

Yeah that was u. We made a few passes in that area in the alumacraft but there was u and another boat there so we didn't went to crowd u. Went to the point where the wind was blowing to all day and got one then got out of there

JosMN

Were you the boat that watched me fight the one for awhile and end up losing it at the boat? I don't even want mention what it was...I blame it on tripping over my daughters toys scattered all over my boats floor. Lol

skip across

yeah that was me but now you have my curiosity buy roommate said that you had caught it but he musta site you miss it with the net

JosMN

Big walleye that got off at the surface 10 ft away from the boat where I couldn't reach it. It was well over 20 inches, my guess would be 26 or 27. My 3 year old would have been using the camera for the first time. haha.

You guys caught a lot of white bass out there? I did catch one. First for many years.

Rubber Ducky

JosMn,

What the He'll you doing missing those big fish? You fishing that Cast for the cure on sat?

JosMN

Believe me Rob, I didnt try to lose it! haha.

Not fishing that tourney. Gotta spend time with my inlaws.

skip across

Yeah couldn't keep em off. Went out this morning and finally figured out the walleyes on a different lake.got 4 biggest of 17 a bit deeper than I usually fish

Rubber Ducky

Its all good wild man, just giving you a little shhiitt. Good luck with the in laws this weekend. Make sure that daughter catches the biggest fish.

ThunderLund78

I'm not personally familiar with the weeds in the lake. Is it Milfoil? I've seen weedcutters out on a few lakes with pondweed infestation but those weeds are going out on their own as we speak. Or was it property owners clearing native vegitation? Hope not. Just curious...

Yooperguy

Well the sad thing is that it in cutting the curly leaf they are also cutting the native vegetation during the bluegills spawn. I saw them cutting on French last night which is just plain stupid as the milfoil on that lake is very patchy. Guess the lake shore owner's really want to see it spread faster than it is. crazy