• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Casting For A Cure - Fishing Tournament

Sounds like fun. Too bad i'm in a softball tournament. Why are all registered walleyes mandatory kill in this tournament?

Wish you could make the tournament but I understand it is a busy time of the year. Maybe you can make it next year.

Regarding the Walleye Kill requirement; this is mandated by the DNR when we apply for the Tournament Permit. The DNR has determined that because of the time of year, the water temperature, and the lake, the probability that the fish would survive being caught and released would be very low. For this reason, rather than wasting the resource they have stated that the fish must be harvested.

Best tournament around. I will be their bright an early for this event. I had such a good time when I fished it. Make sure you stop at the bait shop and buy the #4 hornets!!!!!

Just wanted to say thanks to Craig at the bait shop for being open at 5 am everyday. Not to many bait shops that tailor to the fisherman anymore.

You will always get my Business, also nice looking girls that handle my bait as well. Except the blond, she try's to get the hot bite out of me every time for Dad lol!!!!

Ducky I second that. I feel that the service there is definately tailored towards fisherman and you feel like your getting good advice. I picked up a couple of those #4's there last week myself. wink Sorry I can't make the tourney either my daughter has a soccer game/torney thing going on that day. Hope you get a good turnout though!

• 4 weeks later...

Casting For A Cure

And the 2013 Tournament Winners are...

1st Place $500: Tony Weber, Northern, 6.64 lbs, 30”

2nd Place $300: Gordy Kline, Largemouth Bass, 4.04 lbs, 18.75”

3rd Place $200: Josh Wallace, Walleye, 3.70 lbs, 22.25”

full-29207-35000-forum.jpg

Craig, I always miss it due to Softball. But dang you do a Great job putting this on! A few buddys fish it and say it is well run!

Great cause! Keep it up!

Matt