• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Kabetogama or Namakan this week?

Folks, I'm going to be in Voyageurs this week starting June 18th for 5 days. Looking to fish Kab and Namakan (off chance I may go to the Rainy Lake portion of Voyageurs for that same timeframe, but prefer Nam or Kab).

Not looking for GPS coordinates, just trying to decide if I'm better off going to Namakan or Kab. I'm looking to chase walleyes and smallmouths, although not necessarily in that order. I'm taking a buddy and his 14 year old daughter, so I could see focusing on smallies if they're either spawning or at least staging in fairly shallow/obvious areas where we can really catch a bunch (all catch and release, but might keep a smaller one or two to eat if we don't catch walleyes below 17").

So are smallies spawning on these two lakes? I heard fishing in general for all 3 game species on Rainy Lake is pretty hot right now, just haven't heard as much about Namakan and Kabetogama. Is the walleye bite still going to be better on Kab given the late spring, or will Namakan be starting to produce walleyes and smallies with the water finally starting to warm up.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...