• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
MarkB

Rough weather for the first afternoon!

MarkB

Our guests arrived earlier this afternoon and we braved the elements to get in some fishing. Oh my was it ever worth it! What lacked in quantity was made up for in quality! 9 walleyes were boated of which 7 were slot fish ! My cousin's youngest son had a really big trophy walleye hooked and boat side before she made a flop and threw the hook. Everything was caught on leeches. In spite of rain, thunder, and lightning eek( we headed for cover), it was a nice beginning to their visit.

Prospects are really looking good for some upcoming fabulous fishing!!

Good Fishing,

MarkB smile

This is the biggest one landed this afternoon.

Gregsfish_zpsd6bf5d8a.jpg

Casey Sunsdahl

We found the numbers today.. Just flipping pounded them.. Best day of the year for action it was nearly non stop for 3-4 hours. Boated around 40 and lost as many.. Biggest fish only about 23 though. Piranhas!

MarkB

Big day all around for us also today Casey. Tough weather for awhile this afternoon, but the fish didn't seem to care. It seems something flipped the switch on the 15.5"-17" walleyes these past few days. The small 10'-12" walleyes of a couple weeks ago have been replaced with the upper end eaters. Some areas are pretty well loaded up with 20"+ females. AND everything appears hungry. It doesn't get much better......

Good Fishing,

MarkB smile

jkrash

It sure is nice to see all the different year classes in the lake..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Kettle
      Boot lake is not open to fishing.  I checked typo lake yesterday. Really sketchy right out from the access about 10 feet or so. Past that there was 4.5 inches. I did not fish just wanted to see if I got the new auger blades on correctly 
    • leech~~
      Nice Duff.  Don't you have a furs and feathers board, or you don't hunt and eat um? 🤔
    • Duffman
      Here's what I have in the man cave. I refer to it as "The BIG Board". Usually add a couple pics a year, this year I've added 7. (It's been a good year)   On a log basis, I've kept track of days fished on ice and open water, species caught, and how many different bodies of water per year. About to wrap up year 20 of doing that, usually just jot it down on the calendar at work and tally it up at years end. That log total list is on the side of  The BIG Board.          
    • mavshockeyfan
      Any news of ice conditions in the Mankato area?
    • papadarv
      Wanted a smaller compact high ah battery for early ice to run my camera. Found the Milwaukee M12 comes in a 3ah version, ¼ the weight and size of the small 12v lead acid and charges in 30 min verses 12 hours. Also the + - contacts in the battery match the male outlet plug and work with male spade lugs so connecting it to electronics doable. On line I can get a twin pack 4ah under $40. Pic is the smaller 3ah with a 5.5mm power cable. Video is my camera panner in motion with the M12's.    
    • eyeguy 54
      My 4th year in southern MN. Seams to be normal deer running around where we have been hunting.  
    • IceHawk
      Definitely would give the season a B. We were very fortunate in seeing a good number of deer. I sat a total of 4 sits during gun season and saw a total of 26 deer 6 bucks the rest does and fawns.  We went 4-5 with 3 nice bucks and doe being harvested. Would of easily filled the last tag but my brother is a trophy hunter and is very selective.  Me and my brother practice QDM and have put in a lot of food plots and minerall licks over the years and it has really paid off. . Its a lot of work but the rewards are worth it as I harvested 5 bucks in the last 5 years this year a  Nice 9 point . Looking forward to checking our trail cams soon to take note also  of our buck inventory. 
    • monstermoose78
      Where I hunt in the extreme eastern part of the arrowhead deer numbers show be low. My group of 7 guys hunted the whole season and saw 5 deer while hunting. A spike buck has been lucky as most have seen him and chose to let him walk. My dad took a 6 pointer that was chasing a doe. It’s not about killing a deer for me it’s about spending time with my family and it was a great year.    The population is where it it should be in the arrowhead. I am excited to see a possible wolf season coming again up there as it’s fun to have a wolf tag in the pocket just in case one slips up and comes out by you. My season was great would I have liked to see a few deer yepbut it was the relaxing I needed and provided me the stress relief I needed.   Taking out wolves would help the moose population so that is my stance!!!
    • monstermoose78
      Thanks for checking and the report 
    • iiccee63
      Well I went out and checked the lake Friday am. All locked up. I walked out a bit and it looked like 2 inches. It froze over even which is good. Hopefully it's 2 inches out in the middle too. More info to come!