• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jac714

East Metro

jac714

I just moved to St Paul and am looking for some local quick lakes to fish. I have a 17 ft wide deep v (walleye) boat so need a decent ramp.

Not looking for secret spots just the names of some lakes to hit on the east side.

Thanks

FisH_SLaYer24

White Bear, Bald Eagle, Clear, and Forest should get you started for walleye lakes that will be able to handle your boat. Another very good option would be the St. Croix River.

BoxMN

St. Croix is awesome, you can put in at the boomsite just north of Stillwater (take 96 east, turn left at the stop, and go up less than a mile). You will need to get there early to get parking spot though, or most weeknights are open in afternoon.

Big Marine is another decent sized lake to try with good fishing.

Welcome to the east side smile have fun!

Riverratpete

Bald Eagle was a total zoo yesterday..you know it's gonna be bad when there are 5 boats in line in front of you when your launching at 630AM. Waited an hour to get a spot to park the boat to get the trailer at 1000. Their here........

BoxMN

Pete you were an hour late on both ends wink We drove right up and launched, and pulled out with no lines, and were exactly one hour earlier than you on both ends.

The "pleasure" boaters come out about 9:30-11 all over the metro. We are never on the metro water later than 9:00 anymore. I am glad we left when we did, as I thought it was turning into a zoo BY 9...

Quilking

I too was on Bald Eagle yesterday. Got their late, at 10am. Gone by 1pm. Couple weeks ago I landed a 38" and had a follow that was even bigger later that evening. But nothing yesterday!

hagcel

How's the walleye bite been in the east metro? Thinking about heading out with some leeches and bobbers this weekend while keeping an eye to the sky.

Thinking battle creek, gervais, or bald eagle.

TurnUpTheFishing

Battle Creek and walleyes dont go together unless you mean Iowa walleyes. I wouldnt send anyone to battle creek unless the wanted to fish for small pike in a weed choked pond.

Like others said if you are going to put in time chasing walleyes in the metro might as well learn the river. Otherwise most the medium to large size lakes will produce if you take the time to learn them.

hagcel

Ha, yeah. I always see boats on Battle when I drive by on 94, thought I might check it out sometime. Sounds like it's worth passing on. Maybe some good Bass fishing though?

Will be hitting the St Croix once the rain stops and the water stabilizes.

TurnUpTheFishing

Bass, maybe, I dont think so though. Ive fished it growing up and only caught a few bass out of it but never really gave it much effort in a boat though. Mainly pike, biggest Ive caught was low 30s but thats the biggest Ive ever seen/heard of out of it. Id rather fish Tanners for bass but even Tanners is a very lackluster lake too for whatever reason. Tanners has a few walleyes, I have caught them but I dont think the population is very good and the size structure is not going to blow you away.

JBMasterAngler

Learn the st. croix river! Using leeches in a metro lake is gonna get you nothing but sunnies! And you'll run out of bait in about 20 minutes. Also, lakes like gervais and bald eagle are overrun with jet skis and water skiers. The croix, while still very busy, offers alot more space, and there's plenty of quiet places to find. And you can easily go there and catch 10 or more different species of fish in a single day. I think my personal record is 10, but over the years I've probably caught 20 or more species total. If that doesn't sound fun, I don't know what does wink