• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

glock model 22 trade value

I have a glock model22 and want to trade it for a model 27 baby glock. My model 22 has night sights and one extra clip. What would be a fair trade in value or value if I just sold it out riht before making the purchase on the baby glock

As a trade be prepared to take it in the shorts. You'll be lucky to get $300-350 for it.

Thanks for the reply,

I have a guy that has expressed some interest in the gun. What would be a fair price to ask for this gun. It is a 3rd generation .40 caliber model 22 with night sights. Comes with (2) 15 round clips. Good condition. Case included???

Considering the new Gen4 G22 can be had for around $579 and comes with (3) 15 round clips and you mentioned yours is in "good" condition, not excellent, I'd guess around $375-400 without seeing the gun of course.

Also, I think you have to transfer ownership of handguns so check with the local law enforcement agency.

Although you know the person, it might not hurt to show some due diligence and check his background at http://mncourts.gov/publicaccess. Better yet, make sure he's able to get a permit to acquire (purchase).

Permits to aquire are not needed in purchases from private sales. I would like to get 400 out of it so that should be possible

I knew that permits aren't required for private sales. My point was you don't want to be the person who sells a handgun to a person who possibly isn't legal to have one in the first place.

I don't recall the thread but I think it was Tom7227 who posted the specifics about handguns changing hands/owners. Send him a PM and see if he can give you the specifics.

You would be better off to just contact your local sheriff's office or asking at the local gun shop about what is required to transfer.

Kevfish1,

If you sell it yourself I would ask $400 to $425 for it since it has the night sights. if you trade it you should get around $300 to $350 at most shops. I just sold my Glock 22 to the one local shop and they gave me $350.00 for it. new the Glock 22 can be found for $550 to $600 depending on the shop. The rule of thumb I use when trading or selling a gun is that you will get 50 to 60% of the new cost if you take it to a shop. as for private transfers most FFL holders will handle the transfer for you. they charge a fee (approx. $25) to do this but they then run the check on the buyer and the buyer would have to fill out the 4473 form and have to have the purchase or carry permit. this would cover you if some how something happens with the firearms after you sold it.