• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

adamolson7

Hello FM'ers

Going to head out onto stalker this weekend for a bachelor party wknd. wanted to see if anyone could give me any insights into this lake. we've been up there for opener for the past 5 years and never gotten into any walleyes. one local fisherman said that it gets better mid june but we have had a bear of a spring. Wondering if anyone would be willing to help out. There is almost too much structure on this lake to fish. any insights on depth, bait, sand or gravel etc would be appreciated. we do get into the crappies and I could certainly share some insights there.

adamolson7

Well had to scratch out a couple of eyes on lindy's pretty deep.

lots of rockbass and sunnies up shallow

oh and of course picklers

• Thumbs Up 1

Ufatz

My cousins uncle says Stalker is fading fast as a decent fishery...mainly rock bass and some crappies and he has now seen lots of big carp spawning right in front of his cabin. Not a good sign.

Dave S

the last time I was on Stalker, there was literally hundreds of mud puppys dead and floating in the water.

I've had my best luck in the fall on Stalker.

Duane Soderholm

I'm renting a cabin on stalker August 5,6,7,8, 2018.  Never been on lake. Any suggestions for largemouth,sunnies and walleye?  I'm flying in my son in-laws from Texas and pa. Want to get them to move to mn.. need fish!!!

anurse

Rented a cabin over 4th of July 2018.  Very disappointed in quality of lake.  Dead gar and carp floating near shore and would sink down 3 feet in muck at shoreline when trying to go for a swim.  Heavy heavy weed overgrowth--heavy sheets of weeds waving underwater.  Used to fish there for walleyes with my Dad and brothers back in the late 60's.  Doubt if a walleye could last a minute in those waters.  So sad.

• Confused 1

leech~~
19 hours ago, anurse said:

Rented a cabin over 4th of July 2018.  Very disappointed in quality of lake.  Dead gar and carp floating near shore and would sink down 3 feet in muck at shoreline when trying to go for a swim.  Heavy heavy weed overgrowth--heavy sheets of weeds waving underwater.  Used to fish there for walleyes with my Dad and brothers back in the late 60's.  Doubt if a walleye could last a minute in those waters.  So sad.

Oh a nurse.  Reading it fast I thought it said anuses. 🤭

Welcome to the forum!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Chill62

Leech you been around your students too much lately?????

leech~~
15 minutes ago, Chill62 said:

Leech you been around your students too much lately?????

Hum, not a teacher.   But I do like SPAM sliced thin and fried! 😉

Edited by leech~~

Mike89

grilled is good too!!!