• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

TimC

We will be fishing on the Moose Lake chain this weekend and was curious as to what the water temps are in the area? Has the change over to leeches occurred up there? Any may flies?

Uncle Boney

We've been on Moose to Basswood since last Thursday. Smallmouth are abundant on the rocks. I think it is around 60 degrees, warmer on the surface with the sunshine.

Two nights ago, got lots of smallies and a walleye on leeches so I think they are the bait of choice now. Our minnows are dying in the heat.

Having a tough time finding walleyes so anyone's help would be appreciated. Been trying flats since the water is so cold with no luck.

Wanderer

If you haven't been fishing the 5-10 foot range, try that for walleyes. If you're close to a current area, start there and work your way out. It not, try shelves in that range along the shore lines and into the bays. I haven't had luck on points yet this season, myself.

TimC

Thanks for the info. How are the bugs? Thinking they will be bad this year with all the rain.

How long are you fishing on the chain for? We will be up there Saturday night for a week. If you want, email me. I might be able to give you some ideas for walleye spots on the chain. tcarlson5150 at yahoo dot com

Uncle Boney

Bugs are insane when it is calm. Not bad at all with some wind. The shore line was 10 mosquitos every inch a couple of nights ago.

Biting flies just showed up yesterday for us.

We head out of Moose on Saturday over to Vermilion for a week.

TimC

Can't wait to get up there. What depth have you been focusing on?

Uncle Boney

We are slip bobber fishers for the most part. Trying points and flat areas where the wind has been blowing in, 8-15'. No walleye except one little guy at night.

We are not fishing late a night or early in the morning. It has been perfect non-walleye weather, clear & calm & sunny and the water is crystal clear. I am sure the walleye would pick up if we fished early or late or if some wind picked up.

Smallmouth seem to be biting regularly and looks like small males are getting aggressive by their nests, just guessing. Big 15-18" females off the dock in the evening.

Improvedarock

Try fishing the mud flats early and late in 10-15 fow and 20-40 fow in the afternoon trolling a spinner rig slowly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• gimruis
      Ya I suppose I could use a blade proof glove.  On occasion if I'm with someone that is willing and able to clean a few fish, they'll do it for me.
    • deere322
      Caught these nice gills a few weeks ago down in SW Minnesota on a farm pond. Sorry no public access...…………..
    • cookie129
      Wow with only a month left of walleye fishing too go it has again been a brutal season on the shores of upper red lake. The grand lake that owes us nothing.  Last year it was brutally cold this week with wind chills below -60. I will have to say I'm happy were not having that right now  For the second time since my car accident I wet a line yesterday for 3 or 4 hours.  Th fishing report In old Minnesota after it was fished on a new spot Friday and Saturday was I'm a little out of practice. I was jigging a gold rattling flyer  while watching Boston legal.  The first fish hit my lure while I was lying on the bed. It caught me totally buy surprise as I was jigging. I set the hook while lying down. Trying to set up while keeping the line tight was not in the cards.  I quickly got another minnow on the lure  sent her down. 1 or 2 good jigs and I was marking a fish. Only it was not a fish but my quickly hooked minnow escaping off the lure. Another minnow, back down the hole. I guess I educated that fish as it looked a few times but only nibbled a couple times.  Mean while the rattle wheel went off around the bewitching hour. Rolling out of the bed with my brace on I go over give it a little line, but instead of setting the hook like I normally do.I pulled the line up real slow to feel the fish. I felt it on the line,set the hook and proceeded to rip it right out of its mouth. Glad I was not having fish on the menu as I packed it up a bit later with no fish to take home.  Ashey re grand daughter is up here helping out. Her and my great grand son bently john were going to spend the night out there so we will see how they did later today.   Well the best I can do on my fishing report is all the houses did manage to catch some fish the first 24 hours.as Ashly checked on all them Saturday.  Sean Joff and  a friend or relative from Florida were up Friday with there sleds. They managed to find a few fish even getting the guy from Florida his first walleye.  Kevin and his crew were ib Kentucky they also had a couple sleds. Not sure how they did in the house but they did find some fish where they went on there sleds. They even had a little run in with  a guy in a v-plow  Shane  and his wife were in montana I ran into then Saturday morning. They had landed 4 nice ones fishing large rainbow minnow on a plain red hook Saturday morning. From what I gathered from Ashley everyone was enjoying there stay.  Jonny boy and Richy  spent part of the day going out on there sleds looking for the elusive yet still catchable upper red lake crappie. There elusive for a reason, they did find some little scuff it walleyes which was a good sign but no crappies.  We did get another shipment of black and red hoodies in with just a couple pink ones.  We only have one house rented later today so the guys have 3 days to get every thing reset for the up and coming weekend.  I did check the ice thickness Where old sota was  It was a solid 27 inches, that explained why there was no flood ing around the house
    • ZachD
      I dont believe you can    
    • Jake Payson
      Same 28' off Morris Point and 1 fish with 12 lines in the water. T Shirt weather but slow from everyone we talked to as well.
    • IceHawk
      M & B jig either come with teaser tail or you can buy  the teaser tails. 
    • IceHawk
      Saw the pics and story hats off to the kids sounds like they earned it!
    • eyeguy 54
      sure is.  another thing that worked today was to go below them, then slowly come back above, stop then wiggle. crazy fish that's for sure. the smaller ones hammered it normal but the bigger ones were tricky.
    • Dave S
      Rumor has it a walleye that "likely" tipped the scales near 15 lbs was caught on a lake near Mille Lacs. From what I read, the fish was weighed the day after it was caught at 14.186 lbs and lost a couple ounces just in the time it was at the bait shop being weighed.
    • budboy
      does anyone know how much ice is out there?