• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

TimC

We will be fishing on the Moose Lake chain this weekend and was curious as to what the water temps are in the area? Has the change over to leeches occurred up there? Any may flies?

Uncle Boney

We've been on Moose to Basswood since last Thursday. Smallmouth are abundant on the rocks. I think it is around 60 degrees, warmer on the surface with the sunshine.

Two nights ago, got lots of smallies and a walleye on leeches so I think they are the bait of choice now. Our minnows are dying in the heat.

Having a tough time finding walleyes so anyone's help would be appreciated. Been trying flats since the water is so cold with no luck.

Wanderer

If you haven't been fishing the 5-10 foot range, try that for walleyes. If you're close to a current area, start there and work your way out. It not, try shelves in that range along the shore lines and into the bays. I haven't had luck on points yet this season, myself.

TimC

Thanks for the info. How are the bugs? Thinking they will be bad this year with all the rain.

How long are you fishing on the chain for? We will be up there Saturday night for a week. If you want, email me. I might be able to give you some ideas for walleye spots on the chain. tcarlson5150 at yahoo dot com

Uncle Boney

Bugs are insane when it is calm. Not bad at all with some wind. The shore line was 10 mosquitos every inch a couple of nights ago.

Biting flies just showed up yesterday for us.

We head out of Moose on Saturday over to Vermilion for a week.

TimC

Can't wait to get up there. What depth have you been focusing on?

Uncle Boney

We are slip bobber fishers for the most part. Trying points and flat areas where the wind has been blowing in, 8-15'. No walleye except one little guy at night.

We are not fishing late a night or early in the morning. It has been perfect non-walleye weather, clear & calm & sunny and the water is crystal clear. I am sure the walleye would pick up if we fished early or late or if some wind picked up.

Smallmouth seem to be biting regularly and looks like small males are getting aggressive by their nests, just guessing. Big 15-18" females off the dock in the evening.

Improvedarock

Try fishing the mud flats early and late in 10-15 fow and 20-40 fow in the afternoon trolling a spinner rig slowly.