• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How's the Fishing?

keyks42

Its kinda quiet hows the fishing? Heading up there this weekend with my buddy and four kids. Will be rather limited on what we can do with six in the boat. Are the fish still on the first break or do we need to go deeper. Will be staying at the state park so we will be fishing that side of the lake. Any tips would be great besides looking for Jonny boat.

Mark

First off I will be smallie fishing this weekend so you will need to head to the Grand Rapids area to find me. wink

But if you choose to not go to Grand Rapids I would head up to the north shore. The fish have been hanging very shallow and have been suckers for a dark colored jig, browns, black, purple etc, under a bobber. Six people flinging bobbers in six directions on a slow drift can cover a lot of water!

The fishing was fantastic last weekend. We fished 6-8 feet drifting across the sand and fished from shore. We got fish both ways, I jigged with a white jig head and some of the other guys used Lindy rigs with a red hook. We spent most of the time getting Dead Stick Mike acclimated to fishing a new style for him but in four hours we where done and spent most of the day doing fish fries and joy riding. We fished the South Shore.

I did talk to some guys that fished the North Shore and they fished in three feet and did well also. Most Crappie reports were from that shore also. If you plan on fishing that shore talk to Jon at Beacons, while he was showing Mike the resort the fisherman told me Jon had given them some great tips on where to go.

Jonny

Thanks for the advice. We didn't catch a ton of fish but the kids had a great time. We caught more eyes off the dock at the campground then on the main lake. On Sat. the wind was howling pretty good and decided not to make the trip to the north shore and stayed around the river area and caught a few.

Mark