• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Went out on Green Friday night for the first time this year looking for northern and bass, found crappies and walleyes instead. With zero wind I just had to let go of those and chase bass with buzzbaits but I failed to find them. Just had a little one bite short.

Are they up shallow yet? Is the lake weedier than normal? I have only fished it a handful of times last summer and I don't remember that many weeds by the launch or the channel

Also at night there were a couple boats shinning the shoreline with pretty powerful lights, I'm assuming Bowfishing but I have never seen this before, can you bowfish up there?

Was out on Green Tuesday the 11th, early morning and caught 40 bass in 4 hours with nothing large. Averaged 1-2 lbs. but a lot of fun. Caught them all over the lake on the inside weed edge in 5-6 feet of water. Lots of curly leaf pond weed all over the lake, same as Chisago, never quite seen it this bad, hopefully it will die off fairly soon. I was surprised at how shallow the landing still is as I thought with all this rain it would be higher. Use caution launching on Big Green as you could chip a prop real easy.

Also at night there were a couple boats shinning the shoreline with pretty powerful lights, I'm assuming Bowfishing but I have never seen this before, can you bowfish up there?

Yes you can. Their are a lot of people who bowfish that lake at night.