• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Black pool landing

Noticed on Sat. it was temp. closed. Does anybody know why and when it will open up again?

The bog had broke loose blew into the landing. I checked it two weeks ago and there was 20 yards of cattails in front of the landing.

The bog had broke loose blew into the landing. I checked it two weeks ago and there was 20 yards of cattails in front of the landing.

Thanks for the info!!

Not the first or the last time that has happened on Clearwater. Have seen some big islands of floating bullrush over the years smile

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates as to the condition of the landing? Is the bog cleared yet, or still obstructing?

I have been told it is still blocked but havn't been there to witness for myself. Supposedly the DNR is going to blow up the bog-explosive style. That would be fun to see!

My son and I visited the "Black Pool" via boat two weeks ago to witness the Bog. I was very surprised by the size of it. It will be interesting to see what will be engineered and exercised to displace or move/remove the mass.

Although we have not had a launching/parking issue at the Bay Club landing, possibly the DNR could negotiate temporary overflow parking with what appears to be a vacant and for sale structure directly across the road.

My son and I visited the "Black Pool" via boat two weeks ago to witness the Bog. I was very surprised by the size of it. It will be interesting to see what will be engineered and exercised to displace or move/remove the mass.

Although we have not had a launching/parking issue at the Bay Club landing, possibly the DNR could negotiate temporary overflow parking with what appears to be a vacant and for sale structure directly across the road.

that lot a cross the road from the access can be used but they ask that you park in the back row. I parked over there the last time I was out there.

Sounds like they are going to take care of the bog this week or next before the fourth of july. I heard they were going to blow it up(not sure the truth of that) it would be cool to witness though.

This will help out tons as the bay club landing has been packed just about every weekend now for just over a month. Two weeks ago I had to wait for over a half hour just to get loaded coming off the lake.

Still dont understand why they made that landing a one boat landing now when it was two before. The cement work is very slippery especially in the fall when temps flirt with freezing.

Word around the campfire is one of the cabin owners in the black pool there pushed that bog over infront of the landing because it originally ended up in front of his cabin. He's been bragging about it, not sure how to prove something like that but I hope he gets the $8000 bill to remove it.

Why don't they just get a group of boats to hook up to it and pull it out of there?

Word around the campfire is one of the cabin owners in the black pool there pushed that bog over infront of the landing because it originally ended up in front of his cabin. He's been bragging about it, not sure how to prove something like that but I hope he gets the $8000 bill to remove it.

That thing is so big, I don't see how a home owner could move it on his own.

I had to laugh when I read this.......

Quote:
Word around the campfire is one of the cabin owners in the black pool there pushed that bog over infront of the landing

All i know is my buddies dad wants to put the houseboat in and is all PO'd because this guy was bragging to him about pushing that bog over infront of the landing. I heard it from my buddies mother. So whatever thats worth. I would think a guy with time and a bigger HP motor could do it. It originally floated over there from the wind, as long as its floating I would think a guy could push it.

That's a lot of good cover they are going to trash. So they can launch a barge or 4 at another ramp and push that thing back where it came from? I don't think one person could move that even with a 250H.

I think they are doing the right thing with this by removing it. Moving it only sounds like a temporary fix to me. The lake is full of cover, so removing it won't upset the fish too much! grin

It'll be interesting to see how that bay is reconfigured structurally after this event is all said and done.

I was at the Bay Club landing first thing this morning and off the lake at 11:00am. What a zoo! crazy

Ugh. Now I heard mid to late August from a fella. Can anyone else verify this?

• 4 weeks later...

This is the report I recieved from the DNR on this past Monday. The bog removal was advertised for bid and last week an award letter was sent to the successful bidder. We are in the process of collecting the necessary documents from the contractor and upon receiving them, the project can proceed. The contractor will have a couple weeks to complete the project.

• 2 weeks later...

This landing is still in ROUGH shape. It's basically a mud/muck puddle, with decaying vegetative particulate matter and loose chunks of bog. I used it today, but I won't use it again any time soon. I can't imagine how much little pieces of grass and dirt got sucked into my intake vents.

It's to bad they totally hosed up the bay club access. Dynomite the darn thing and start over. This time have a double ramp put in as before.

It's to bad they totally hosed up the bay club access. Dynomite the darn thing and start over. This time have a double ramp put in as before.

Last fall they had two docks in, which was the first time i had seen that, and it worked pretty well. But, haven't seen the 2nd one in this year...it's just sitting in the weeds next to the landing. Wonder why they didn't put it in this year?

That access can work as a double. A guy last year had his shifting linkage to his tranny break and was stuck in reverse and waiting for a tow truck. I was coming in for the day, and I didn't want to wait, so I simply loaded next to him. My boats average size, and I didn't have a problem.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone use this landing recently? The last time I used it was the 3rd week in August - just after they cleared the bog. At that time, it was still essentially unusable. Has it improved at all?

Specifically, has anyone launched a full-sized bass boat within the last week or two?

What was wrong with it? It looked fine to me last time I drove past it early august. Did the bog make it slippery?