• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Petenwell advice?

WalleyeChaser

Posted in WI section but here also as there is more traffic.

Headed down for a week worth of fishing and family fun in 2 weeks! We are staying at the county park w/ family and planning on fishing walleyes in the mornings and evenings and then taking the kids out after some panfish midday. I grew up fishing Castle Rock so I'm excited to get back close to my childhood (20 yrs ago) fishing grounds.

Any tips for walleyes? Planning on doing some jigging and probably pullin cranks. Anybody have luck with spinners and crawlers? How about slip bobbers? My favorite way to evening fish for eyes!! I know its not a typical spring/summer so a point in the direction of depths, techniques, and possibly areas to target would be greatly appreciated!

As for the panfish I think I can get on some. But what kind of structure do they hang around out there if they are staging pre-spawn? I'm getting excited typing this and can't wait to get there!