• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

IRS Targeting

FM_Mike

However, I can't believe they actually think they were going to get by with the "oops, the emails were deleted, musta been glitches" story?

I don't think it's a big surprise when you consider the number of low information voters in this country and a media that will gleefully provide cover for this administration at every turn.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upnorth

• LMITOUT

• delcecchi

• FM_Mike

I wonder how many are still convinced that this was a Phony Scandal. crazy

But, I'm sure there are.

Seems the defenders have suddenly gone silent. shocked

By Jay Sekulow

At some point, it’s hard not to laugh.

Last Friday afternoon, the Obama administration’s IRS claimed that it could not provide copies of former top IRS official Lois Lerner’s complete email records because of – get this – a “computer crash.”

But Lerner didn’t lose all of her emails, mind you, just the most potentially incriminating messages, for example, any emails to the White House, Democrats in Congress, the Department of Justice, and other external entities, during the most potentially incriminating timeframe -- from 2009 to early 2011, when the IRS targeting of Tea Party and conservative groups was at its peak.

How gullible does the Obama administration think we are?

Any American with even a rudimentary knowledge of how electronic messages are sent knows that email records are largely impervious to anything but the most widespread and systematic computer crashes.

Further, we also know that computer crashes are focused events. When a computer “crashes” it’s not able to delete incriminating emails from specific time periods while leaving all others intact.

Indeed, in the aftermath of this absurd assertion, the response from experts was overwhelming: The story makes no sense. IRS emails were not permanently stored on Lois Lerner’s computer alone (of course) but on servers that preserve records. They would remain there even if Lerner decided to do something outrageous like light her computer on fire in an effort to hide her criminal activity.

Mike

during the most potentially incriminating timeframe -- from 2009 to early 2011, when the IRS targeting of Tea Party and conservative groups was at its peak.

Mike

State all the facts since your at it..

"The IRS was able to generate 24,000 Lerner emails from the 2009 to 2011 period because Lerner had copied in other IRS employees."

Jay Alan Sekulow is an American attorney.

Sekulow is a frequent guest commentator on the Christian Broadcasting Network and the Fox News Channel.

A completely non-biased article from a bible thumping,lawyer super Con.

Please, tell us more.

Sekulow is a frequent guest commentator on the Christian Broadcasting Network and the Fox News Channel.

Please, tell us more.

OK, so you explain how the IRS managed to lose the emails of Lois Lerner AND six other people also involved in the incidents.

My guess is she didn't use a government email but something like gmail or hotmail for the most sensitive things that she knew were improper. Sort of a burner email. And when the heat was on, her hard drive accidentally got hit by a steamroller.

I know why the emails went missing. Maybe there is something in those 24,000 they do have but most likely not.

I'm just not going to let someone post Mr Sekulow article without providing insight on his back round.

"In 2001 one of Sekulow's nonprofit organizations paid a total of $2,374,833 to purchase two homes used primarily by Sekulow and his wife. The same nonprofit also subsidized a third home he uses in North Carolina."

But critics say the extravagant spending burns up money that Sekulow solicits from donors for legal causes. Citing the high cost of litigating Supreme Court cases, Sekulow wrote in a 2003 fund-raising letter, "We are asking God to prompt every member of the ACLJ to get involved personally in this effort." He added later, "Please send a generous gift right away."

Blah, blah, blah...they are all the same.

I know why the emails went missing. Maybe there is something in those 24,000 they do have but most likely not.

I'm just not going to let someone post Mr Sekulow article without providing insight on his back round.

"In 2001 one of Sekulow's nonprofit organizations paid a total of $2,374,833 to purchase two homes used primarily by Sekulow and his wife. The same nonprofit also subsidized a third home he uses in North Carolina."

But critics say the extravagant spending burns up money that Sekulow solicits from donors for legal causes. Citing the high cost of litigating Supreme Court cases, Sekulow wrote in a 2003 fund-raising letter, "We are asking God to prompt every member of the ACLJ to get involved personally in this effort." He added later, "Please send a generous gift right away."

Blah, blah, blah...they are all the same.

The dog ate the emails. "It's a computer" dude. Blah, blah, blah...they are all the same

Tell me, what part of the article is false?

I know, I know. NONE! But since I can't dispute the facts of the article, I'll go after the author and try to impugn his credibility. BRAVO....

Unless your naïve enough to believe ONLY selected emails just Magically disappeared.

Blah, blah, blah...the true believers are all the same. wink

Hook, Line and sinker as they say......

Mike

I know, I know. NONE! But since I can't dispute the facts of the article, I'll go after the author and try to impugn his credibility. BRAVO....

If you're patient, their next step is to make YOU the issue laugh

Please, tell us more.

Is his crime appearing on FOX or CBN??

Even the so called mainstream press, which tends to be more friendly towards the administration, isn't buying the "lost emails due to a crash" dung

Emails don't get lost today. Brick level(restore to the email account level) backup happen at least daily, Clustered servers one server dies you won't even know it. Email archiving, emails are archived as they arrive in the inbox. Outlook cached mode, a copy of the email is saved to the PC/laptop/virtual machine as well as left on the server, archived, backed up.

The only glitch here is they think everyone is stoopid enough to believe whatever carp they spew out.

You are correct, sir. Sadly, this, too, will likely go unpunished. Sad days for America.

Mark Levin, who worked in the Reagan administration as the chief of staff to attorney general Ed Meese, makes very legitimate points about the IRS email cover-up. It's criminal, and it's a symptom of the political hacks working with and for an administration that has no respect for the rule of law.

The only glitch here is they think everyone is stoopid enough to believe whatever carp they spew out.

wink +1

Psstttt..

It’s not just Lois Lerner’s e-mails. The Internal Revenue Service says it can’t produce e-mails from six more employees involved in the targeting of conservative groups, according to two Republicans investigating the scandal.

The IRS recently informed Ways and Means chairman Dave Camp and subcommittee chairman Charles Boustany that computer crashes resulted in additional lost e-mails, including from Nikole Flax, the chief of staff to former IRS commissioner Steven Miller, who was fired in the wake of the targeting scandal.

Nah huh... smirk

So, where are the emails? Are they supposed to be retained by law, or not?

Don't you think it is quite a coincidence that every higher up involved seems to have lost their emails due to disk failures?

If the law requires the emails to be retained, like the IRS requires us to retain records, and they weren't, shouldn't those responsible be prosectuted, after they are fired?

So, where are the emails? Are they supposed to be retained by law, or not?

Don't you think it is quite a coincidence that every higher up involved seems to have lost their emails due to disk failures?

If the law requires the emails to be retained, like the IRS requires us to retain records, and they weren't, shouldn't those responsible be prosectuted, after they are fired?

OK I have worked with various email systems. If you lose a server, AKA computer crash, and you have no backups, you don't lose emails, you lose entire mail box structure on that server and depending on the organization, and how things are configured you lose entire depts or even the entire organization. Losing a few emails because a computer crash is a hugely bogus statement.

And with the way systems are set losing a disk is even lower impact. Raid 1, 5 or ten the other disk/s just take over for the failed disk. With server clustering, which most larger orgs do, one crashes end user won't even know.

Taking a break from the fun stuff, here is the explanation story I read.

Everyone at the irs has a quota in the email system that is currently according to reports, 500 MB. Yeah, even bigwigs and their admins supposedly. It is the user's responsibility to keep their quote below the 500 MB. They can do that by archiving the emails to their client systems.

So, by archiving them to their PC they are staying within the rules. But it is up to them to back up the PC is some fashion, allegedly IT doesn't do it. So if the drive dies there go the archives. And if a drive needs to fail it can fail. wink

Hard for me to believe they IRS doesn't back up their email servers. Daily backups and or archiving hold all the data until someone destroys them.

500 MB phff. I can hardly imagine a 500 MB limit most anywhere these days. But even then that is a pretty large mail box.

This is just a PHONY SCANDAL.

Just tell'em we lost the emails, the low information people will believe it, He!!, they believe ANYTHING we tell them.

In other news, Obama's Kool-Aid sales have reach record numbers. According to Administration sources, All these Phony scandals have taxed our ability to keep up. Sources close to the Administration fear the possible shortage of Obama Kool-Aid will lead to people sobering up and see things for what they are.

The panic is said to be wide spread through the Administration and many of Obama's closest advisors are looking for the President to issue an Executive Order to manufactures of the Kool-Aid (The DNC and Progressive's) to; And I quote: "Ramp up supplies, a sobering public is not to our advantage"

Sorry, No source is available for this story, it was LOST in a computer hard drive crash. shocked

Mike

But even then that is a pretty large mail box.

Not really. 500MB is a little less than a year's worth of email for me. I routinely send/receive attachments though... but then again, who doesn't?

I agree that nobody has an email box that small these days. My email box is 30gb.

Just tell'em we lost the emails, the low information people will believe it, He!!, they believe ANYTHING we tell them.

Mike

Another ridiculous koolaid rant and calling citizens idiots. The People can't do anything about it, we all know it and are done caring for another year and a half.

500 MB not huge by any means. But that is still a lot of email. The average user won't fill that up in year. Most people it will be over several years.

And I can say with certain amount certainty they will have rules pointing a persons home directory(read that default data directory) to a file server where the email archive is stored not a local hard drive.

If by some off the wall chance those emails are actually unavailable, it is by design, not by accident.

The People can't do anything about it, we all know it and are done caring for another year and a half.

Ah Yes.... Hi Ho, Hi Ho, back to the sand they go. No time to wait a head to place, Hi Ho, Hi Ho. laughlaugh

Mike

Hard for me to believe they IRS doesn't back up their email servers. Daily backups and or archiving hold all the data until someone destroys them.

500 MB phff. I can hardly imagine a 500 MB limit most anywhere these days. But even then that is a pretty large mail box.

My gmail account is at 11 GB.

Back in another life, we had quotas like that on PROFS. But the government has legal requirements on what they are supposed to save, right?

Nixon would have walked if he had just burned all those tapes before congress asked for them.

In other news, Obama's Kool-Aid sales have reach record numbers. According to Administration sources, All these Phony scandals have taxed our ability to keep up. Sources close to the Administration fear the possible shortage of Obama Kool-Aid will lead to people sobering up and see things for what they are.

The panic is said to be wide spread through the Administration and many of Obama's closest advisors are looking for the President to issue an Executive Order to manufactures of the Kool-Aid (The DNC and Progressive's) to; And I quote: "Ramp up supplies, a sobering public is not to our advantage"

I have been the email admin in 3 different mid sized health care facilities. Only about 10% of the email accounts were over 250 MB. People tend to use there business accounts differently than home accounts. Pics etc are a lot bigger than your standard word documents. Largest account we had between the 3 places was a bit shy of 4 gig and he worked contractors and architects that were sending him building drawings.

Thanks. We dealt with documents and stuff, but if you get a lot of email it still adds up. 20,000 emails at 100k each is still 2G.

My opinion is still that either they are lying or they deliberately constructed the system so emails could be made to disappear in a plausible fashion.

I agree and that is what I have been saying all along. SOP is at least daily backups and most places do email archiving as the email hits the inbox. They should have the email/backup admins in front row answering questions.