• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

IRS Targeting

FM_Mike

Then stick to what is safe. Don't want to offend someone violent.

Hard to say whether religion is bad for society, since I can't think of a single society that didn't incorporate religion in one form or another. Seems a pretty universal thing.

Even the Soviets had Communism as a religion.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upnorth

• LMITOUT

• delcecchi

• FM_Mike

LOL. I love you, RRR, though I'm a bit annoyed that you just made me spit out that mouthful of Carlo Rossi that I was planning to drink. Thankfully I hit the kitchen table and not the laptop. smile

Then stick to what is safe. Don't want to offend someone violent.

I have absolutely no problem offending anyone of any silly belief.

The moderators of this sight have put me on their "on notice" board. They're the only ones I'm worried about offending. frown

She may already have another job offer in the private sector as a corporate tax consultant. Taking the 50g's from the fed plan and padding it with more years of full pay is not uncommon.

The IRS and the NSA has a job to do, but when they use the jobs to help their political views,it is wrong. I would guess the orders came from the top, but will be hard to prove. Anyone following orders to break the laws should be fired and tried in a court of law. They do not deserve a government retirement. The only government retirements should be for 20 or more years in the armed service's of this country.

They just gave you 50k reasons why.

Pretty much.

Likely got the "you have two choices" spiel.

1. "Retire", now, with your full package

2. Wait for the panel's formal recommendation, which we will have no choice but to act upon.

Doesn't seem like too hard of a decision given the circumstances.

When those are the two options (likely) presented, the decision has already been made to get rid of you whether it's because of negative publicity or because it's actually true.

• 8 months later...

Quote:
The IRS has told Congress that it lost more than two years’ worth of emails involving former IRS official Lois Lerner, due to a computer crash.

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.) on Friday said it was “unacceptable” that he was just learning of this problem now, after a lengthy investigation into Lerner’s involvement in the IRS targeting scandal.

“The fact that I am just learning about this, over a year into the investigation, is completely unacceptable and now calls into question the credibility of the IRS’s response to congressional inquiries,” he said. “There needs to be an immediate investigation and forensic audit by Department of Justice as well as the Inspector General.”

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) indicated that he doesn’t believe the IRS is telling the truth.

“Do they really expect the American people to believe that, after having withheld these emails for a year, they’re just now realizing the most critical time period is missing?”

“The supposed loss of Lerner’s emails further blows a hole in the credibility of claims that the IRS is complying with congressional requests and their repeated assurances that they’re working to get to the truth,” he said. “If there wasn’t nefarious conduct that went much higher than Lois Lerner in the IRS targeting scandal, why are they playing these games?”

According to Camp, the IRS is saying it has Lerner’s emails that were to and from other IRS employees from early 2009 to April 2011. But the IRS says it can’t find emails between Lerner and anyone outside the IRS in that timeframe.

Maybe we can hire Snowden to dig up the missing emails...

What a load of manure.

Quote:
Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas) asked the National Security Agency on Friday to turn over all the metadata it has collected on the email accounts of former IRS official Lois Lerner from January 2009 to April 2011. Stockman’s clever move comes hours after the tax agency apparently claimed it had lost Lerner’s emails from that same time period due to a computer glitch.

“I have asked NSA Director Rogers to send me all metadata his agency has collected on Lois Lerner’s email accounts for the period which the House sought records,” Stockman said in a press release. “The metadata will establish who Lerner contacted and when, which helps investigators determine the extent of illegal activity by the IRS.”

“The claim incriminating communications were erased by a glitch conjures memories of Rose Mary Woods,” the congressman added. “Barack Obama has brought us Jimmy Carter’s economy and Richard Nixon’s excuses.”

wink

Quote:
The IRS has told Congress that it lost more than two years’ worth of emails involving former IRS official Lois Lerner, due to a computer crash.

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.) on Friday said it was “unacceptable” that he was just learning of this problem now, after a lengthy investigation into Lerner’s involvement in the IRS targeting scandal.

“The fact that I am just learning about this, over a year into the investigation, is completely unacceptable and now calls into question the credibility of the IRS’s response to congressional inquiries,” he said. “There needs to be an immediate investigation and forensic audit by Department of Justice as well as the Inspector General.”

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) indicated that he doesn’t believe the IRS is telling the truth.

“Do they really expect the American people to believe that, after having withheld these emails for a year, they’re just now realizing the most critical time period is missing?”

“The supposed loss of Lerner’s emails further blows a hole in the credibility of claims that the IRS is complying with congressional requests and their repeated assurances that they’re working to get to the truth,” he said. “If there wasn’t nefarious conduct that went much higher than Lois Lerner in the IRS targeting scandal, why are they playing these games?”

According to Camp, the IRS is saying it has Lerner’s emails that were to and from other IRS employees from early 2009 to April 2011. But the IRS says it can’t find emails between Lerner and anyone outside the IRS in that timeframe.

What a load of manure.

I am sure the NSA has a copy of them somewhere. If not, I am sure the Ruskies and Chinese do.

[b]The IRS has told Congress that it lost more than two years’ worth of emails involving former IRS official Lois Lerner, due to a computer crash.

What a load of manure.

Manure is an major understatement. Email servers are backed up at least daily and high level stuff like that is normally archived as it comes in. Can we all say cover up?

Again, another negative story about the Obama regime that is released late on Friday afternoon. I think I see a pattern.

Quote:
Lois Lerner’s Lost Emails: Questions for the IRS

Sharyl Attkisson

The news came late in the day on Friday the 13th.

According to the House Ways and Means Committee, the IRS reports having “lost” former IRS manager Lois Lerner’s emails to and from other IRS employees sent between January of 2009 and April of 2011 due to a ‘computer crash.’

In light of the disclosure, these are some of the logical requests that should be made of the IRS:

Please provide a timeline of the crash and documentation covering when it was first discovered and by whom; when, how and by whom it was learned that materials were lost; the official documentation reporting the crash and federal data loss; documentation reflecting all attempts to recover the materials; and the remediation records documenting the fix. This material should include the names of all officials and technicians involved, as well as all internal communications about the matter.

Please provide all documents and emails that refer to the crash from the time that it happened through the IRS’ disclosure to Congress Friday that it had occurred.

Please provide the documents that show the computer crash and lost data were appropriately reported to the required entities including any contractor servicing the IRS. If the incident was not reported, please explain why.

Please provide a list summarizing what other data was irretrievably lost in the computer crash. If the loss involved any personal data, was the loss disclosed to those impacted? If not, why?

Please provide documentation reflecting any security analyses done to assess the impact of the crash and lost materials. If such analyses were not performed, why not?

Please provide documentation showing the steps taken to recover the material, and the names of all technicians who attempted the recovery.

Please explain why redundancies required for federal systems were either not used or were not effective in restoring the lost materials, and provide documentation showing how this shortfall has been remediated.

Please provide any documents reflecting an investigation into how the crash resulted in the irretrievable loss of federal data and what factors were found to be responsible for the existence of this situation.

I would also ask for those who discovered and reported the crash to testify under oath, as well as any officials who reported the materials as having been irretrievably lost.

The Committee had requested the Lerner emails as part of its investigation into to the targeting of conservative non-profits by the IRS. The Obama administration has denied any corruption or intentional wrongdoing. Lerner took the Fifth when asked to testify to Congress. The House of Representatives subsequently held her in contempt. The lost materials are said to include any communications that may have occurred between Lerner and outside agencies or groups such as the White House, the Treasury Department, the Department of Justice, the Federal Elections Commission and the offices of Democrats.

House and Ways Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.) says that along with providing news of the emails that have been lost, the IRS suggested in the same letter to Congress that it end its investigation.

The late disclosure of the lost emails may be reason to disregard the suggestion.

Go for an audit and tell the IRS that your computer crashed, you lost documents, you can't remember anything and see how that goes.

Go for an audit and tell the IRS that your computer crashed, you lost documents, you can't remember anything and see how that goes.

+1000

You first and tell the rest of us what happened wink

What was the line in "office space" about ***** me in the *** prison?

Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas) asked the National Security Agency on Friday to turn over all the metadata it has collected on the email accounts of former IRS official Lois Lerner from January 2009 to April 2011. Stockman’s clever move comes hours after the tax agency apparently claimed it had lost Lerner’s emails from that same time period due to a computer glitch.

“I have asked NSA Director Rogers to send me all metadata his agency has collected on Lois Lerner’s email accounts for the period which the House sought records,” Stockman said in a press release. “The metadata will establish who Lerner contacted and when, which helps investigators determine the extent of illegal activity by the IRS.”

“The claim incriminating communications were erased by a glitch conjures memories of Rose Mary Woods,” the congressman added. “Barack Obama has brought us Jimmy Carter’s economy and Richard Nixon’s excuses.”

wink

That might be one way to get the NSA to delete their databases.

Delete the database on the clusters, the backups, the archives and the purges. I doubt it.

Yeah, was hoping but knew that they will never delete it.

The sad part is that this is the exact misuse of the data that should be feared and the GOP is the one pushing for the misuse. I've written my congressmen about the NSA database issue a few times and gotten no where. He (a Republican) is fine with the NSA database. Makes me sick and I will not be voting for him again.

Tho I am sure neither side would admit it publicly. I am of the thinking they both like spying on and keeping track of us.

Yeah, was hoping but knew that they will never delete it.

The sad part is that this is the exact misuse of the data that should be feared and the GOP is the one pushing for the misuse. I've written my congressmen about the NSA database issue a few times and gotten no where. He (a Republican) is fine with the NSA database. Makes me sick and I will not be voting for him again.

If they delete everything what are they going to store at that fancy new site in Utah that we all paid for? LOL

Tho I am sure neither side would admit it publicly. I am of the thinking they both like spying on and keeping track of us.

True, not all of them though. The usual suspects in the R party along with nearly all of the democrats love it though. They wouldnt have it any other way unless it's them that's being spied on then it's completely illegal - looking at the ugly mug of Dianne Feinstein and Peter King.

If they delete everything what are they going to store at that fancy new site in Utah that we all paid for? LOL

I'm sure they could find a buyer, google, apple, amazon, facebook, you name it.

Asking the NSA to hand over the emails it collected on her is absolutely brilliant.

However, I can't believe they actually think they were going to get by with the "oops, the emails were deleted, musta been glitches" story? Hasn't everyone been made painfully aware over the past decade that there is a record of absolutely everything you do on your computer - and deleting it doesn't mean it's actually gone forever.