• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
curt quesnell

Results of "Happy Hooker" ladies only Walleye event Saturday at River Bend

curt quesnell

First ever River Bend Resort “Happy Hooker” Ladies only Walleye fishing tournament is now in the books.

Nasty wind and rain cut the field of entries to just 9 two person teams but the

spirits were high at 9 am Saturday morning at blast off.

This unique format allowed for more than one team per boat in the guided division

and 30 foot Sportcrafts could handle what the lake was dishing out and several

teams wound up in legendary hot spots on the north end of the lake 24 miles from

home base. These teams had a guide that could only drive the boat, all of the fishing, netting and handling of fish had to be done by the contestants One team of women chose to captain and guide themselves in the

event for an extra 200 dollars of prize money for the effort if they won.

9th place team 1 fish 1.98 pounds Liz Siate of Rooseveldt

Tawnya Warnk of Baudette

8th place 1 fish 2.30 pounds Sandy Lunde Sturgeon Lake

Holly Taylor Moose Lake

7th place 4 fish 3.88 pounds Mary Anne Olafson Roseau

Lori Peppel Roseau

6th place 6 fish 4.86 pounds Michelle Riopelle Argyle

Deb Cupp Warren

5th place 5 fish 4.92 pounds Diane Gregorson Roseau

Jean Kjear Roseau

4th place 6 fish 7.76 pounds Brenda Nyberg Perham

Denise Kline Perham

3rd place 6 fish 8.52 pounds Deb Esping Alexandria

Wendy Bloom Sturgeon Lake

2nd place 6 fish 9.18 pounds Brandi Johnson Baudette

Tammy Leavy Stephen

1st place 6 fish 9.20 pounds Riley Oconnell Baudette

Jessica Lang North Branch

bturck

Curt sounds like a great event. Sorry your wife and partner didn't get to fish it. Not sure why but wind and weather can sure come along at the wrong time. Was Gordie tending bar for the big event? That alone is worth the price of admission crazy

curt quesnell

All participants got the fish fry, some great door prizes... and Gordy the bartender with entertainment.

It really was gruesome Saturday.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• imhatz
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Del, No I did not troll the spinners and Raps at the same time. I kept switching rigs just to see what would work. I used a 1-1/2 oz. bell sinker on the 3-way rigs and a 2 oz. bottom bouncer with the spinners. Cliff
    • Bigfatbert
      Got 8 nice keeps today in 26 to 36 feet of water in Big Bay from 8:30- almost noon , plus one throw back dink . Six keeps on jig n tiny shiner , and two keeps on jig and small leeches. 1/8 oz jigs . The small shiners were trapped by us .. I pretty much fish a jig all summer long . Although I do realize other methods do have there times out there, I just like jigs , and usually always manage fish on them with either a leech , crawler piece , or a minnow ..
    • Tom Sawyer
      Mother Nature sure has had it in for you the past week, she's making you hone your fish catching skills for sure. Good luck the remainder of your stay Jeff.
    • delcecchi
      You didn't troll them at the same time, right?   How much weight were you using?  
    • delcecchi
      The rusties hadn't gotten to wakemup or Norwegian bays yet, but they are through oak narrows and on the march, from what the DNR said last summer.   I've got my trap waiting. I haven't seen anyone have much success fishing walleye on merry go round for years (and that includes me).   It is like the reef bite pretty much vanished some years back.    But who knows, it could come back if we get a couple good year classes of smaller fish.    The area around the little island (two little islands) where the osprey nest was, to the east of goodwill island, used to be good also but hasn't done much last few years.   Maybe this is the year...
    • Parmer
      It may or may not. Everything i have read is the initial surge from starting it up is close to 2600 watts. And after that it runs at 1600.
    • Borch
      I never have.  Waded in when the kids were swimming.  Nice sunfish and I hear a good bass lake.  A person could portage a boat in there if it weren't too heavy.  I've never stayed there but can see people down at the beach when I fish there.
    • Gone Out Fishin
      On Island lake, I typically had luck fishing smallies near Rice Lake Road. Then the chain of islands east of the bridge has a good reef studded with boulders, moderate side rocks, and timber. Depending on the wind those islands can be good for bass or walleye. Use to use creature baits and crawdads to fish thoroughly.   Gone Out Fishin
    • Naturboy
      It’s not totally remote but I found an app for my phone called “all stays” and it has filter settings and you can find small camp sites where your not surrounded by 30’ rigs. So you don’t feel like your camping on a sidewalk in Chicago.  I found the county park ones are nice without driving 4+ hours away.