• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
luveyesdoefmn

Clam screen tent

Question

luveyesdoefmn

Looks awesome. Does anyone have one yet? Reviews? Thanks!

13 answers to this question

BartmanMN

Don't have one, but it has to be 100% easier then building the screen tents that I've worked with in the past. I hate all those poles and corner pieces, etc. Popping open the hubs on the Clam would be a breeze.

Down Deep

The group camped next to me at Red Lake had one. The hex shape seems to provide more room. It was made out of some heavy duty material. If I were in the market I'd buy one.

I'd like to see Clam engineer some drop down rain flaps. Screens tents are worthless as shelter during rain storms.

Scott M

I bought one. We must have spent 2 hour putting our old one together...Green to red to....AAAAAHHHH!!! I remember going for a bike ride and coming back and it had blown about a 1/4 mile away and sustained enough damage to make it more of a pain to put together.

I finally had enough and chucked it. We got our money out of it as it was a wedding gift. I'm not sure when I'll firs tuse it, but when I do I'll post up a report. I love the Clam hunting blind I have and my buddies with Clam Ice Fishing Hubs love theirs...just being about to set it up in about 45 seconds and knowing that it's good high quality parts makes me think it should be great.

mtwalleye

I bought the Clam screen tent last week and used it this weekend. We noticed that there were 2 small tears in the roof when we first set it up. Looks like the fabric was pinched in manufacturing. Called Clam this morning and they are sending a new one today. Customer Service was excellent! The tent goes up and down in 1 minute. The screen and fabric is heavy duty. I think it will work great.

One small problem with this new tent but Clam stood behind it. Will definitely continue to be a Clam customer.

TruthWalleyes

Neat idea. I would also want rain flaps if i were to drop the $2 bills on a screen tent.

highlife4me

I bought one of these now that they are going on sale. When they say it sets up in a minute they are not kidding! First time setting it up was 1:38 and that was including time for a quick beer break. grin Probably one of the best camping gadgets I have purchased besides my 5th wheel.

CaptainMusky

We used one up in Canada and it was very nice. We had an absolute monsoon of pouring rain. Probably 2 inches in 45 minutes or so no exaggeration. 5 of us started out inside of it but about 15 minutes in water was flooding the ground and blowing in the sides so 3 left for the tent and 2 remained in the clam screen tent. We lasted it out and surprisingly the only reason rain came through the screen was because of the wind. Otherwise it just shed down the sides.

There was some initial issues with setting it up but I think that was due to how it was put away which led to one of the hubs breaking. All in all it was invaluable on our trip. Nice play to sit and eat without bugs and plenty of room for 5 guys and their big chairs.

Still not too impressed with those hubs they tend to be fragile.

h8go4s

I bought mine this spring and couldn't be happier. I've used it on 3 week-long trips so far. Easy to set up, very solid and heavy duty material. No problems with the hubs at all. With two wind panels on the windward side we spent a lot of time in it last week at Namakan. In a real heavy downpour, the roof seams dripped a little, but you could move around to get away from the drips. I think that comes from the roof supports in contact with the seams; hard to avoid that. I'll spray the seams down with some waterproofing and see if that helps. No complaints at all from me. It's much better than any other screen tent I've used.

sunniewally

BOUGHT ONE LAST YEAR AND ITS A WINNER!

Jeremy airjer W

Our screen tent seen its last camping trip this last week and stayed in the dumpster at the campground. We saw the clam at the state fair and it peaked our interest. Some campers a couple spots down from us had one set up and we stopped to check it out. They absolutely loved it.

It is on the list. Might have one before I head out with the Boyscout to Tomahawk!

newoodhntr

If it's Tomahawk Wi. you're right in my back yard. I live in Merrill a few miles south of Tomahawk and do my camping in Minocqua a few miles north. Lots to do in the area and good fishing too.

Jeremy airjer W

If it's Tomahawk Wi. you're right in my back yard. I live in Merrill a few miles south of Tomahawk and do my camping in Minocqua a few miles north. Lots to do in the area and good fishing too.

That's the place. I'm considering bringing the boat and do a little fishing..... wink

Northlander

I will be getting one for sure.