• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Tom7227

How many trailers did you see broken down?

Tom7227

How many trailers did you see broken down this long weekend?

I saw one at Buffalo and 61 in White Beat that had at least 1500 lbs of granite boulders in a trailer that must have cost $1.235 33 years ago. Axel tube snapped and tire MIA.

This afternoon it was a boat and trailer on 694 south of 36 with the left tire MIA and it looked like the wheel studs were also gone.

Will they ever learn, when will they ever learn?

walleye29us

It happens..

Rick G

Only saw one incident, it was at the landing. Guy was backing his boat down the ramp and the boat rolled off the trailer before it was in the water smirk It was a smaller boat so with help from a few other anglers he was able to get it into the water.

As for trailers breaking down, it does happen. I have burned up a bearing or two and have blown trailer tires, if you pull a boat enough it's bound to happen, no matter how well maintained the trailer is.

mrklean

i saw more cars with tires laying in the ditch and them sitting in the middle of the road then broken down trailers this weekend

TruthWalleyes

Friday night on I35 S of Faribault i'm pretty sure i saw a van with an empty boat trailer behind it, and a truck/small crane with it's boom in the ditch whistle

mnguy152

I saw a older couple yesterday afternoon with a trailer they were still going with the tire blown running on the rim. looked like they had no care in the world lol.

Wanderer

I saw 3 on 35W between North Branch and Cloquet on Friday morning. Just glad it wasn't me. I've had tires blow, spindles and leaf springs break, yada yada...

I changed bearings on one side in the morning before we left; honestly didn't take the time to do it earlier this year and this was the first trip of the year. Fortunately I keep a set in stock along with seals and didn't have to change the races so it only took about 20 minutes.

Time well spent.

harvey lee

Didn't see 1 broke down from home to the Candad border and back.

Last week on Wednesday before I left I was checking the air pressure on my trailer tires and noticed one tire had a ply seperation. Checking the other, same issue so I got 2 new ones before I left.

I had checked these tires before the opener when I repacked the bearings and the tires looked fine. Since the opener, I probably put on 1000 miles so they can go fast.

They were 6 years old with close to 20,000 miles on them so it was ok they seperated.

dougger222

From my home to the cabin near Danbury didn't see any on the way or back.

A few years ago my brother had an axle break on his speed boat trailer, $750 ordeal. Up in Canada a friend of mine got to see something very few will ever see. Another guy in his group had his boat pass him on the old logging roads in Canada. A friend of mine also saw something very few will ever see, a boat on the water with the trailer still strapped to it!

To be honest almost brought the bass boat instead of the aluminum boat to the cabin this past weekend as the realization was made prior to leaving the axles hadn't been services in about 10 years...