• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild off season

yakfisher

Gilbert was put on waivers and will be bought out tomorrow. There's $4m of cap space to work with. And I thought there would be a second chance to buy out Heatly and they figured he would be healthy enough for that one. Did that come and go already???

PMB is a goner too.

Alot of our success will be on Pominvill's shoulders next year. If he gels with Parise and Koivu, look out.. But Fletcher put alot of eggs in that basket.

I'd say if we can pick up 2 solid Dmen, we'll be ok. They seem to be saying that their will be quite a few availible and we should be attactive for them to want to deal. I'd still like to see them package Seto and a prospect/pick and get another big name in here. It's still early and Fletch and still pull this together.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• 10,000 Casts

• Port.Winterhawk

The Wild are really not that far off from being a serious contender. If Heatley wouldnt have gotten injured before the playoffs I think we would have made that Hawks series considerably more competitive.

For next year I think I would rather have Pominville center with Parise and Coyle vs Koivu. I think the more physical presence that Coyle can bring will help free up space for the killer p's.

It would have been nice to buy out Heatley, but I wont be heartbroken if he comes back because he was serviceable when healthy. He isnt going to score 40 goals again, but he is strong in front of the net.

The Wild are really not that far off from being a serious contender.

I think its one of those close but still kind of far away deals. I think we have the skill to get there but a lot of that skills need some time to get better.

That or clone 4 extra Brodin's to shore up our D.

Good move! Any chance you think Cullen will stay for less?

Who knows for sure, I'm guess if Cullen gets a good offer he is gone. If not we might be able to keep him on the cheap. I also would mind us taking a shot at Ballard (Vancouver buyout) if he is reasonably priced.

And there are those rumors of the Wild shopping Seto again. Maybe looking for help at D but who knows for sure.

I think its one of those close but still kind of far away deals. I think we have the skill to get there but a lot of that skills need some time to get better.

Very true. They would need things to go very well, but they do have a lot of young talent. Even Parise and Suter are not on the decline in their career by any means.

They need Coyle to keep progressing. Zucker to show the flashes he had last year with greater frequency and more stability at D after the top 2.

Sounds like Cullen wants 3 yrs and over $3.5m a year. I say let him go if that's true. I'd rather have a quality D.

Hmmmmmm. They have to think about that real hard...my guess is we will wait to see if other teams show an interest at that amount and hopefully Cullen has given the Wild the ability to see if they can match or get close. I think $3.5m for this next year is reasonable but he does not have 3 good yrs left on those old legs....tough decision cuz we need him.

Wild agree to terms with Ballard. I like this deal, haven't seen the numbers yet but it is a 2 year deal.

Russo tweeted its a 2 yr $3m deal so I think it's $1.5m year? Either way I really like it. It sounds like he wants to play another 10 yrs and this is the way to re-establish his career. This offseason is looking up already. Now to just get rid of Kenopka and either upgrade that 3/4 line or get another D for depth.

Sounds like Cullen will be a goner. Fletch didn't even give him an offer.

I am really puzzled with Fletch....Ballard was terrible in Vancouver and they consider him a big bust...his game has really gone downhill last couple of years....and then to not even offer Cullen a deal????

CF told Cullen long ago that if he were not in the position to submit a legitimate offer, he would simply not submit one. Classy move in my book.

Cullen signed a 2 yr deal with Nashville and PMB signed a 1 yr deal with the Isles.

Cullen got the same $3.5M he was making here. Still too rich for our blood.

Seto for a 2nd Rounder and now Matt Cook???? Things are going from bad to worse IMO. Fletch better have something up his sleeve (and maybe he does) or this could be a real disaster in the making IMO.

We have that for years in Clutterbuck. Cooke...wow. That's gonna be a tough sell to the fans, myself included. That guys says he's cleaned up his act, but man he had some pretty dirty hits in the past few years.

We got a second for Seto, that's about expectable considering his inconsistency.

Wow.... I don't know what to think!!!! On one hand, he is a punching bag agitator that everybody hates and on the other hand he should replace Seto's 15 goals next year at a cheaper price and they got another 2nd rd pick that they can use as trade bait next year when they have money to spend.

Jeez with Cooke on the 3rd line and Kenopka on the 4th line, it should make for some fun games to watch. Rupp is going to be a busy guy.

I wonder if they are looking ahead to the 2014 season and will be happy with another squeaker next year.

I'm no GM just one fan, so this is from a fan of the wild stand point. I really liked Seto. I thought he had a good season. He played hard forechecked with intensity and thought he was starting to put his skill together with his physical play. Also sad to see Cullen go have tons of respect for this guy. You can replace his production but it will be very difficult to replace his character. I really don't care about Clutter. I'm on the fence about Backstrom. As for Koivu, was not pleased with his play and was disappointed with his leadership this past season. I feel like the Parise and Suter signing had him pouting all season. Maybe his leadership was challenged by those 2 but he needs to step it up this year and be the player he should be. Reminds me of a saying "lead, follow, or get out of the way." I feel like Fletcher knows what he is doing so I will let him be the GM of the Wild and I'll GLADLY stay a fan of the Wild. Can't wait to see how the final product will work together next season. BTW I still stand behind Yeo, he is a young coach and it takes time to learn all the aspects of coaching. Scotty Bowman started his coaching career at a young age and it took him 5 years to win a cup. Not saying Yeo is going to be Bowman just trying to put it into perspective.

I'm no GM just one fan, so this is from a fan of the wild stand point. I really liked Seto. I thought he had a good season. He played hard forechecked with intensity and thought he was starting to put his skill together with his physical play. Also sad to see Cullen go have tons of respect for this guy. You can replace his production but it will be very difficult to replace his character. I really don't care about Clutter. I'm on the fence about Backstrom. As for Koivu, was not pleased with his play and was disappointed with his leadership this past season. I feel like the Parise and Suter signing had him pouting all season. Maybe his leadership was challenged by those 2 but he needs to step it up this year and be the player he should be. Reminds me of a saying "lead, follow, or get out of the way." I feel like Fletcher knows what he is doing so I will let him be the GM of the Wild and I'll GLADLY stay a fan of the Wild. Can't wait to see how the final product will work together next season. BTW I still stand behind Yeo, he is a young coach and it takes time to learn all the aspects of coaching. Scotty Bowman started his coaching career at a young age and it took him 5 years to win a cup. Not saying Yeo is going to be Bowman just trying to put it into perspective.

+1 I agree with everything here except I am not a Yeo fan. According to Fletch the team is set now with these latest moves so they'll have to make the best of what they have...and Fletch is hanging his hat on Heatley putting up 25 goals this season which is asking a lot from that guy. I know the cupboard is far from empty but I was hoping for a better off-season....we shall see how this plays out.

Fletcher better get all this right. Dating back to polminville trade, lots has happened. Most of it I find myself scratching my head.

I am thinking that there will be 1 more move. Not sure what it will be but I just have a feeling that 1 more is coming. It will be nice to have Cooke on our side.

I am not sure where the scoring is going to come from this season. I belive we were ranked towards the bottom in scoring last season. We got rid of Cullen and Seto and signed Cooke? Whos going to be our second line Center,? Grandlund, he couldnt even stay with the team last season. I have a feeling we are going to be a team with a bunch of 3rd and 4th line players. This has been a very nonproductive offseason.

I hope Hot Wheels Heatley gets massively boo'd every time he touches the puck next year.. And the only difference between now and 3-4 years ago are 2 big contracts and some unproven prospects. For anyone who thinks Heatley will score 25 goals, I say 15 at best with a -15 rating.

Either way, I'm still excited for the season..

Wow I was off grid for a while, didn't expect all these moves. Going to have to let all this sink in for a while. Looks like the kids are going to get a serious look this year.

Why the hate for Heatly? Not sure why he should be booed every time he touches the puck. May not be the player he was, and the Wild knew what his contract was when they traded for him.

In Cooke's defense (never thought I'd say that!) he can actually play hockey. He's good for 15 goals a year, which is about the same as Clutterbuck.