• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MN WILD.....LOL!!!!! I told u so

BuckSutherland

This thread is great. All the backslapping and thumbs up for a successful season. What a joke. There was nothing good about it. I didnt watch more than a period or two of hockey all season at any level. I could care less. I just see lowlights on the news every so often.

Enjoy loserville with these big contracts just like every other MN team in history that went with the big contract. Donkeys.

Buck, you are a piece of work!

Admitting you barely watch any hockey and yet you complain the way things are run?

Did Miami Heat win their 1st year with James, Bosh and Wade?

Oh yea, the SECOND year and Full year with that, no coaching change...

Just saying.

By the way, did you think about our goaltending status for the playoffs?

Backstrom-out for the series with a freak injury during warm-ups on game 1

Harding-has not started a game, dealing with a life altering issue since January 25th.

Kuemper-HELLO? kind of like going to the superbowl with a 3rd string quarterback...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuckSutherland

• CaptainMusky

• Bear55

• PierBridge

My thoughts sign Cullen to a 2 year deal for sure! He was one of our top skaters this season. Cut Gilbert, backs, heatseeker, PMB for sure. We need more grit players that get into the small spaces consistently. I can also see mikko being dealt in July just my thought. We are moving forward. Hopefully Granlund finds something he's one hell of player!

What is the deal with everyone being so mad about them not winning the cup? Fire this guy, cut that guy, with those 2 guys they should win every game etc.. I'm sick of hearing it and its only been 2 days. Hardly anyone on here thought they would get past where they did. signing a top winger and a top D is only a start!!! You could of had Ovechkin and subban and they wouldn't have done any better IMO.

Buck, you are a typical MInnesotan sports fan feeling sorry for yourself. 2 words for you, SMALL MARKET!!! We'll always have trouble against the New Yorks, Bostons and Chicagos. Can you imagine where this team would have ended up without Parise and Suter??? I can and it would have been last place and the fair weather fans Would have stopped watching the first week of the season.

A few tweaks and we are Cup contender.

Buck you must have stayed at a holiday inn express which would make you an expert. What a troll!

I think Buck(talk) was to busy being a clown at the circus that he misses the entire hockey season. Watching 1 or 2 periods all year he obviously is a clown with his statements. And no offence to any real clowns out there.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and like most of what Buck says. I'm so sick of minnesota teams. The twins I'm done with, vikings who cares, the wolves well nobody cares. The wild ok love but about ready to give up too. Parise is average at best and was terrible in playoffs. Cullen, Zucker, Brodine, and Clutterbuck are the only ones trying all game. They missed Heatly and Pominville. The need to find a goalie. I hope Yeo stays. I watched almost every minute of every game this year. IMO the Wild are trying not to lose games instead of trying to WIN!!!!!!! I started calling them the minnesota bi-polars by the end of the season with all the ups and down.....

It's official, Yeo will return as coach of the Wild....thank goodness as that Coach of the Year Trophy will look so sweet next to the Cup next year.....we're comin!!!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and like most of what Buck says. I'm so sick of minnesota teams. The twins I'm done with, vikings who cares, the wolves well nobody cares. The wild ok love but about ready to give up too. Parise is average at best and was terrible in playoffs. Cullen, Zucker, Brodine, and Clutterbuck are the only ones trying all game. They missed Heatly and Pominville. The need to find a goalie. I hope Yeo stays. I watched almost every minute of every game this year. IMO the Wild are trying not to lose games instead of trying to WIN!!!!!!! I started calling them the minnesota bi-polars by the end of the season with all the ups and down.....

+1 And MN sports fans famous last words every year..."Can't wait till next year....we are going to be so good!" Yeo is back BTW, Fletch made it official today.

No surpise he's back. If he or Leipold panics and fires Yeo or another coach after a season and a 1/2 "AGAIN" they most certainly have to FIRE Fletch.

You have to have some continuity and shipping coaches and players out every year or 2 is beyound ridiculous. The good teams year in and year out do it this "continuity" way for the most part.

So Parise is just average? And you watched every game? Good Grief man! grin

And for the record 99 percent of all sports teams don't win a championship every year so stop whining about it being a Minnesota thing and open your eyes.

We must be coming up in the world to get trolled in the hockey forum, a good sign for sure. grin

I'd comment on the Wild's future outlook but I think I will save that for another thread.

If Parise is just "average" I would love to have 18 team "average" players on my team.

I didnt watch every game, but I watched a majority of the games this season and did watch every playoff game.

What I saw was that night in and night out Parise was one of few guys on the team that busted his a$$ on every shift. He isnt a big body, so dont expect him to be physical. He is always a pest around the net, but the pucks just didnt seem to find their way through.

Brodin was a welcome surprise for me. Perhaps not a surprise for everyone, but he was impressive pretty much from day 1.

Suter started out shaky, but got into impressive form and logged serious ice time and was very stable.

There are some good pieces with this team right now, hopefully they can get a few others this offseason and some of the young guys step up next year.

I would like to see Koivu gone. He works hard for the most part, but I just dont think he is a top line center.

I think Backs is gone. Lets roll with the youngsters in net. Put money toward a big defenseman and some bigger physical forwards. That is where we have issues now in the playoffs, need some girth out there up front. Heatley would have been tremendous against the Hawks especially on the PP I have a feeling.

Im going to throw one name out there that I would love to see on our roster and sit back and listen. Thomas Vanek. Lets get a deal together for him.

And for the record 99 percent of all sports teams don't win a championship every year so stop whining about it being a Minnesota thing and open your eyes.

And for the record 100% of all the NHL teams in MN have NEVER won a Stanley Cup.

BTW: Parise is awesome...I'd say top 15-20 in the league for sure and Sutter is top 5 D-Man.

Fletch is on the hotseat now. Hired inexperienced Richards and fired him after year 2 then went out on a limb and hired inexperienced Yeo so what I read; he feared giving up on Yeo to not make himself look like a chump. I hope they can turn it around but they have holes to fill and I agree Vanek would be a great fit for what they need offensively and fill one of the holes they have.

If Parise is just "average" I would love to have 18 team "average" players on my team.

I didnt watch every game, but I watched a majority of the games this season and did watch every playoff game.

What I saw was that night in and night out Parise was one of few guys on the team that busted his a$$ on every shift. He isnt a big body, so dont expect him to be physical. He is always a pest around the net, but the pucks just didnt seem to find their way through.

Brodin was a welcome surprise for me. Perhaps not a surprise for everyone, but he was impressive pretty much from day 1.

Suter started out shaky, but got into impressive form and logged serious ice time and was very stable.

There are some good pieces with this team right now, hopefully they can get a few others this offseason and some of the young guys step up next year.

I would like to see Koivu gone. He works hard for the most part, but I just dont think he is a top line center.

I think Backs is gone. Lets roll with the youngsters in net. Put money toward a big defenseman and some bigger physical forwards. That is where we have issues now in the playoffs, need some girth out there up front. Heatley would have been tremendous against the Hawks especially on the PP I have a feeling.

Im going to throw one name out there that I would love to see on our roster and sit back and listen. Thomas Vanek. Lets get a deal together for him.

+1000

Quote:

Fletch is on the hotseat now. Hired inexperienced Richards and fired him after year 2 then went out on a limb and hired inexperienced Yeo so what I read; he feared giving up on Yeo to not make himself look like a chump

Perfect segway!

Did anybody catch Lou Nanne on Barriero yesterday? It's a must see/hear and available on KFAN's website via podcast.

In a nutshell he talked or ripped on like only Lou can do in a nice articulate way on how ludicrous it was to even suggest firing Mike Yeo. He went on a semi rant on how and what has happened to some Minnesota sports fans and a few select media donks in their fire/cut mentality.

In fairness to the anti-Yeo's Lou said when pressed by DB said he probably would have mixed the lines up a bit more during the season including Koivu. He did add that great coaches like Bowman did this but others like Al Arbour never changed much and it was up to the particular coach.

He also addressed the Mikko haters by saying you won't win a Stanley Cup if Mikko's your best player but the effort "when healthy" and all the other things he does are invaluable.

My favorite part was him ripping Jim Souhan who is about as clueless Hockey wise and in my opinion sports wise as there is in the local media. Well maybe Ruesse too...

grin

Go Wild~

He basically said...calm down we have come a LOOOONG way in 1 year. Winning or succeeding in the play-offs let alone winning a Cup is a myriad of issues. Depth, Injuries, goal tending and good ole Mr Luck himself.

I heard that segment with Lou on the way home and loved his honesty. You can tell he has been a GM before and knows that players do not come to play for the owner.

Someone please start a Wild off season thread so we can get back to the business at hand and stop all the whining bickering "me included" now that we all have vented after the disappointing end to the season!

Pier!

• 1 month later...

Some guys are gamblers. They lose, they complain. Buck suth. will be back on here in 3 years telling us he told us so when Lord Stanley is hoisted.

• 6 months later...

Wondering if anyone could update me on how this worthless, pie-stain team is doing this year?? Ready to hoist that cup this spring??

Must be another rebuilding year. I hope Dallas needs another team cause they can have this group of losers.

Glad to see they can carry on the MN sports tradition of mediocrity. Fans and players alike. As predicted your big free agents didn't do SQUAT to help this team become a serious contender.

As predicted your big free agents didn't do SQUAT to help this team become a serious contender.

Suter with a hat trick tonight.... As usual

you couldnt predict the sun rising in the east buck

Yep, you guys were predicting deep playoff runs and Stanley Cups. For the second year in a row they are gonna be real lucky to even make it into the playoffs. Not exactly the dynasty that you donkeys predicted. But go ahead and celebrate meaningless stats in a regular season game.

Real teams actually will be hoisting the cup in the mean time.

Yep, you guys were predicting deep playoff runs and Stanley Cups. For the second year in a row they are gonna be real lucky to even make it into the playoffs. Not exactly the dynasty that you donkeys predicted. But go ahead and celebrate meaningless stats in a regular season game.

Real teams actually will be hoisting the cup in the mean time.

you sure talk the talk, who is your team that your so proud of?

Buck is what you would call a sports troll, he waits until a team starts losing and then slings poo at the wall to see if anything sticks. He must get pleasure from this style of posting but for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Trolls in the hockey forum are so easy to spot its ridiculous, only about a dozen of us here. grin

Buck is what you would call a sports troll, he waits until a team starts losing and then slings poo at the wall to see if anything sticks. He must get pleasure from this style of posting but for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Trolls in the hockey forum are so easy to spot its ridiculous, only about a dozen of us here. grin

Yep, I waited until they started losing. If you go back and read the original post to this thread and the one I linked up there you can plainly see I made my comments before Parisite or that loser Sutter ever put on a Wild uniform. Cant believe you blind fools cant see it. And how have they not fired the head coach yet?

State of Hockey??

More like state of mediocrity.

No trolling needed hear. Just a lot of I TOLD YOU SO. Real teams celebrate championships. Loser teams celebrate meaningless stats from a regular season game.

Thanks Richard. Your wisdom is so imposing. I will now only believe what you have to say about sports. After 5000 plus years we have finally found the one true word on sport! Your genius is humbling.

Not exactly the dynasty that you donkeys predicted.

LOL! Being called a donkey by the dumbest @$$.

I must have hit a nerve with you cry babies. You must be bitter about all that money you wasted on season tickets to watch them come out and stink it up with their big free agents.