• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

slimngrizzly

Trail Cam Deer-Elk-Moose Pics or Video

slimngrizzly

Couple of those look pretty nice Northwoods! Odd looking area... "High fence" I see! grin Sure to be some sheds there!

triggertrav

Here are a few of my better pics for the year.

PICT1734_zps90a64dc6.jpg

PICT0254_zps4ad8eb0a.jpg

PICT0223_zps0642880d.jpg

PICT0164_zpsca1b76df.jpg

EK000615_zpsbbcb2f0e.jpg

PICT0063_zps8b35b0b1.jpg

EK000167_zpsf1844cc1.jpg

EK000073_zps2bdcda11.jpg

hugonian1

Some great looking bucks there Trig.

That gnarly one sure is cool.

slimngrizzly

Hmmm... trav how many of those are in MN... Im seeing too many mature bucks in the daylight to be MN.... PLEASE TELL ME IM WRONG?!?!?!?

Either way, them are some goodun's!

triggertrav

I'd love to say they were on some of MN great surplus of public land - but they aren't anywhere close to MN. So i am sorry if i got you excited.

fr0sty

x2 on the non typical!

Some great looking bucks there Trig.

That gnarly one sure is cool.

fr0sty

Looks like I got a piebald on camera. Only the head is affected. On another note, all the deer are looking healthy on cam. All are holding headgear yet.

full-29355-42722-pb1.jpg

full-29355-42723-pb2.jpg

full-29355-42724-pb3.jpg

ratherBlucky

That's not a piebald. It looks like some sort of nasty skin infection that caused it to loose its hair on its face to give it the appearance of a piebald to some people. Looks bad

Bear55

Ya that looks like some nastiness going on there, some disease where all the hair falls off or maybe frostbite? No idea but that deer is in trouble.

fr0sty

Yea, I thought maybe too. I searched mange and didn't see anything similar.

hockeybc69

Doesnt appear to be too emaciated... any full body pics? Poor thing.

fr0sty

Yep, here's a full shot. Looks normal otherwise. She has a couple fawns in tow also.

full-29355-42743-ek005274.jpg

fr0sty

I emailed the dnr last night a they replied back right away this morning.

"Looks like coloring of the hair, or where it was rubbed off and hasn’t come back yet. Does look healthy otherwise."

Sinker

That's interesting Frosty. Looks healthy otherwise. Never know what you're going to catch on the trail-cams. A few years back, I got a picture of a doe that had the top 1/3 of it's ears cut off clean. Looked like a healthy deer and never saw it again. I thought possibly as a fawn it was laying in a ditch and a mower came by?

DonBo

A few years back, I got a picture of a doe that had the top 1/3 of it's ears cut off clean.

My Dad once shot the ear off a deer with his bow, sliced it clean off. Our cats played with it for days till it finally fell apart.

Musky Buck

No doubt Frosty they'll start shedding pretty soon, usually by Feb. 20th on is the start, my uncles 4-5 miles away are still waiting for them to start shedding also, won't be long now, just need ideal conditions for looking for them. Neat doe picture, hope she has another pair of twins this spring.

Sinker

My Dad once shot the ear off a deer with his bow, sliced it clean off. Our cats played with it for days till it finally fell apart.

fr0sty

One scrawny yearling still holding both sides

full-29355-44049-yearling.jpg

fr0sty

Smallest fawn I've had on camera.

full-29355-46833-microfawn.jpg

laker1

Wonder how much antler growth is complete right now?

Lunker

Quite a bit around here. Have seen a couple of nice bucks this week. Both had pushed out past the G2s with some curvature. I hung two cameras today.

monstermoose78

full-12169-47151-mommaandbaby.jpg

Well I was amazed we saw 2 seeing what the DNR says about the numbers

laker1

That calf looks like it is putting on weight.

bmc

I saw a buck on the evening of July 3. He antlers were just out past his ears and just a bit above the ears. Gonna be a nice buck.

We had a buck w/ similar sized antlers on one of our food plots this past week.

Having some issues w/ the new trail cams but hope I have the bugs worked out and will have some pics in the next week or so.

Brian

haleysgold

Now this a rotten shame. Guessing he damaged it early this spring.

full-31736-47315-mfdc0093.jpg

laker1

Sd card of choice?

Seems like some cards just don't hold up or take decide to not function?

slimngrizzly

Sandisk- and you have to format them once and a while.

chasin_walter20

chasin_walter20

MJ1657